My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane,

How lovely that your cleaning lady is coming. That'll be a spirit lifter.

I'm looking forward to seeing your RR block. I'm not sure you can get better with your roses. I think they are perfect already. The ones on my rr block just glow!

Diane:
I have so many UFO's.  I wish I had more ability to work on all the things that I have to do but I am only human.....

Lordy, you are talking to the hand! LOL. I know just how you feel. I wish I hadn't been so darn moody lately and more into projects. I did at least today pull some wool out and washed and felted it in the dryer. Looked at the new book, and that was about it. It's a start, maybe.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:
I had to try hard to get on as the site was really slow.  Anyone else had that problem?

This is the first I've tried. Seems to be ok now. Hope your day is going well too.

Robin, Welcome back. You'll be happy to have that holiday Friday to get rested up Huh? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 5:11 PM

Diane:

I got on!   Today my cleaning lady is here----not a day too soon!  I wish I could have her more than once a month but it's just too expensive and I'm happy to have her once a month.

I am almost finished one block from a RR and will post a pic soon.  I think I'm getting better with the sprig of roses.  I'll have to start learning something esle soon.  I have so many UFO's.  I wish I had more ability to work on all the things that I have to do but I am only human.....

Maybe it was our work server that was screwy. It has a reputation of being that from time to time.

Your roses are so beautiful, Diane.  I just love them.  Can't wait to see a pic of your work on that block.  As for UFOs, I have the same thing...I get all excited about something and start it, then something else comes along that I'm excited about.  I just can't seem to help myself, lol.  I wish I had more time to work on them, too, but alas, we are only human and can't control every circumstance.  Getting sick really took a tole on your time, I know.  It's good to hear you talking about making things again.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 5:14 PM

Robin:

Glad to say we're home.

Tired but very thankful that the kids had such a great experience.   The girls and I drove home together one last night.  A very quiet ride after such a busy week.  We have school tomorrow and Thursday.  Thank goodness there is a holiday on Friday.   Nice to have a long weekend after such a busy week.

Have a great evening everyone.

Robin

Welcome back, Robin.  I bet you all slept like logs after all that excitement.  It's great that you have an extra day off on Friday.  Like you say, only 2 days and then a good rest.  I hope you really rest.  I mean I hope you don't use the extra time working on school stuff.

Hope you have a great evening, too.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 23,365

Robin, so glad to hear the results of State competitions.  Not surprised with them because you put so much hard work into the prep.

Hope you survive today and tomorrow and can relax over the long weekend.  Linny is right--don't commit to school work.  Enjoy the extra day.  School will be there on Monday.

Quick updates from WNY:

Tim's surgeon did not think surgery was the best course of action.  He will be supporting the oncology team when they begin radiation.

Eye doctor is pleased that Tim's eyes have not gotten any worse and will see him in three months.  He has cleared Tim to teach his on-line classes after semester break.  Tim is excited to have something to look forward to and is preparing lesson plans.

MIL is home from the hospital and on her own.  I agreed to bring her home and to help with transportation to doctor appointments but have drawn the line there.  My primary focus is Tim's health.

My mom is sore from her fall but is remaining self sufficient.  I am involved with transportation for her as well but that is all.

Kyle is struggling with the job search.  Unfortunately, my DS is not an over-achiever and doesn't appear to be motivated.  I had thought the lack of money in the bank would get him moving but it doesn't look promising.  I continue to let him know the door is open and he is welcome.  I listen when he wants to talk and try not to be judgemental.  He seems depressed to me which is understandable.  Just need to continue to pray for God's guidance.  Also that God continues to keep His hand firmly over my mouth so I don't say things which will make matters worse.

I had a very productive day yesterday and got some serious sewing done.  Today I have cut some squares but the computer is more interesting than the sewing machine. My camera continues to be out of my sight so I can't post pics today.

Gracie was declawed last week and seems to be healing well.  Her demeanor has calmed down some since surgery and she is much more vocal than before.  She lays in the middle of the floor and mews.  Not sure what she wants but we sure she has food and water when she does.  She is becoming closer to Tim since her return home.  She allowed him to pick her up and place her on his lap for petting earlier this week.  This was a major break through.

Guess that is all.  Hope you are all well. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:33 PM

Darlene

That is such wonderful news about Tim being cleared to teach again. I know he must be dancing with joy.

Sorry to hear about Kyle's issues with trying to find a job and being unmotivated. My son was the same way when he was in his teens and very early 20's.  Then he decided to go into the Air Force and it was a life changing (for the better) experience for him. Not saying that Kyle should think about the military, just commenting. I'm sure Kyle will find his way soon and things will be better for him.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 3:57 PM

Darlene, it's so good to hear Tim is released to teach his online classes and that his eyesight isn't worse.  I bet his mood has lifted by yardsticks, as well as yours.  So nice to get good news.  Radiation is bad enough, but to not be in for a surgery is extremely good.  Any time they don't have to go into your body it's a plus.

Poor Kyle is floundering a little, it seems.  He's in my prayers for some divine direction.  I do know what it means to pray that God will give you the wisdom to no only say the right thing to your adult child, but also to not say the wrong thing.  I have that going on a lot now that my DD lives with me.  

Good for you drawing the line to transportation only with MIL.  I know your mom probably doesn't need line drawing because she knows what you already have on your plate.  She's very independent for a woman her age.  I'm sorry she's sore, but it's really good that no bones were broken.

Yahoo!  You got some sewing time in!  That's gotta feel good.  Hope you find your camera.

Gracie will do less damage without those nails, I'm sure.  I found that after vet visits my kitty was more humble, too.  Also, more attached to me.  That she let Tim pick her up and be petted in his lap is a huge advance on their relationship.  I bet Tim felt great about it, too.

All in all a good report from you.  Very hopeful.  You sound happy and a little light hearted.  It made me feel good to read your post.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Darlene,

Good to hear from you. It sounds like things are falling into place and you have a new determination not to be spread too thin. Great to hear that Tim can do his online courses and that Gracie is warming up.

Prayers are out for Kyle. Do you think  he's still depressed over not being able to go in the service?  He's still very young, with lots of career opportunities. Hopefully something will spark him. 

You Sew girl! Must have felt wonderful.  Look forward to pic's when you find your camera.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:44 AM

Good morning, ladies.   I'm almost late for work, so just popping in to wish you all a wonderful Thursday.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:
just popping in to wish you all a wonderful Thursday.

Wonderful Thursday to you too.

I had to chuckle yesterday. The condo that I've been doing some work in has a private pool and overlooks the ocean. It was so cold and windy yesterday. (For Florida LOL) I looked down at the pool and there was a lady in her swimsuit. Her daughter and husband were sitting on the lounge chairs bundled up in coats. LOL.

Day off here today. It was the first time I ever remembered Mike telling me he was green with envy that I got to stay home and he didn't. He's got another crazy busy day filled with working on jobs and estimates. His last one is an hour away at 5 pm. I'm thinking I will have a nice dinner planned.  

So far today, just putzing around. One of the fridges has iced up and I had to transfer everthing I could into the remaining one. Fortunately we're in between grocery trips and it wasn't that bad. I think we could use one if we'd condense some of the pickle and condiment jars. LOL. Amazing how these things get buried and we just open another one. Laundry is going... I'm going to try to put myself in a mindset that I have company coming. Maybe I'll get more done that way. LOL

Have a great day everyone. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:23 AM

Stephanie:
I had to chuckle yesterday. The condo that I've been doing some work in has a private pool and overlooks the ocean. It was so cold and windy yesterday. (For Florida LOL) I looked down at the pool and there was a lady in her swimsuit. Her daughter and husband were sitting on the lounge chairs bundled up in coats. LOL.
 The first time I ever visited Florida I came to see my Brother who had already moved here for Christmas.  It was a day like today and we all went swimming at the beach while he stayed in his coat up on the shore.  That lady in the swimsuit must have been a Yankee - either that or a member of the Polar Bear club, lol.

Nice of you to make a special dinner for Mike after he works all day and comes home late.  I'm sure he's going to appreciate it.  

As for housework  all I can say is good luck.  I'm not good at lying to myself.  Sometimes I remember what my MIL told me years ago about "what's clean enough if company's not coming".  It was beds made, dishes done, floor swept.  I used to drive myself nuts with trying to make everything perfect.  Now I ask if these 3 things are done and feel okay about things if they are.  Of course there's the weekly stuff, like floor washing and laundry, etc.  Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop - others it's hard to make myself start, lol.

Hope you have a great day, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:25 PM

Stephanie--you are always doing interesting work.   That lady swimming sounds like some kind of nut! lol  I read that Rose Kennedy used to do that every day.  She was old when she died.  I don't get it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:34 PM

Darlene--good news about Tim.  There's nothing worse that feeling unwell and uable to do what you love.  I'm sure Kyle will do what he needs to do to make his life better.  He doesn't sound like someone who sits around.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:
The first time I ever visited Florida I came to see my Brother who had already moved here for Christmas.  It was a day like today and we all went swimming at the beach while he stayed in his coat up on the shore.

Maybe it's true that living down here thins your blood. LOL. I couldn't fathom it now a days.

Linny t:
That lady in the swimsuit must have been a Yankee - either that or a member of the Polar Bear club, lol.

LOL. Most definitely!

Linny t:
Sometimes I remember what my MIL told me years ago about "what's clean enough if company's not coming".  It was beds made, dishes done, floor swept.  I used to drive myself nuts with trying to make everything perfect.

Thank goodness I never had anyone keeping track. LOL. I'd venture to say I worried about the clean house far more than I actually dove in and kept at it. LOL. It's boring and never ending isn't it? And yet, it feels so good to accomplish. The places I go into to work are spotless and neat like magazine photo's.  Of course they all have housekeepers and don't work outside of the home for the most part. And no kids, no pets. Not having pets is too hefty a price to pay for a clean house for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane:
Stephanie--you are always doing interesting work.

I've been fortunate to have worked in some beautiful places, with some stunning views of the ocean. This one isn't one of my fav's for views, but nice to have the palms and partial view. I really love the ocean, and don't make the time to see it often enough.

Diane:
I read that Rose Kennedy used to do that every day.  She was old when she died.  I don't get it!

I read somewhere that Paul Newman used to take ice baths to help prevent aging. Some people must have a better tolerance for cold. I remember being freezing coming in from swimming into the air conditioning. I can't imagine coming out of the water to 55 degrees. Makes my teeth chatter thinking about it. LOL   

Page 361 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev359360361362363Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use