rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:11 PM

Diane:
Today I am working around the apartment getting things done.  I am still weak.  I am working on getting my strength back.  A friend told me I probably had the Noro virus which is very bad and makes you very weak.  I have to look that up too.
 This flu I've got is the toughest I've had in many years.  I woke up this morning still weak in my legs and have laid around all day not feeling up to even walking much.  I managed to take the dogs out and get the mail, but felt weak after.  I have medicine for the cough, so at least that's controlled.  I'm hoping just resting the weekend will make a difference.  Hope so.

It's good to hear you're working on the blocks, Diane.  You'll have to post a pic for us before you mail it on.

What is Tito up to these days?  Does he have a great appetite for crickets?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
This flu I've got is the toughest I've had

Linny, so sorry to hear you are so sick.  Hope that you are able to rest and that is leaves as quickly as it started.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Diane:
I just looked at the eggs

Diane, so sorry about the eggs.  I have read in later posts that it may be a year before they mate again.  How sad. 

Hope that you don't have to wait that long.  Baby dragons would be a blessing.

Glad to hear you are finally on the mend.  Take care not to over stress your healing body.  So hard to hold back when you start to feel better but it is what will be best in the long run.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Robin, today was the big day and I understand why we haven't heard from you but how did it go?

Hope that all was well and that you are able to get some rest after all the strenuous prep and the stress of it all.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:38 AM

Wow Linny---I hope you can get the rest you need and recover quickly.  I hope that you will take the time off of work that you need.  I wouldn't be concerned about what they say----they know you are sick.

Tito came into my bedroom yesterday morning at 9am and hit my foot with his claw to wake me up.  He then got onto a high place---the cat condo and stayed there for an hour.  I think it's interesting that he felt the need to wake me up.  Iguanas do plan ahead about what they want to do.  They are so interesting.

I got several good things done today and hopefully tomorrow I'll do the same.  I've lost weight and my appitite is lower now so the flu did something good for me even though I had to suffer for it. lol

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:51 AM

Darlene:
So hard to hold back when you start to feel better

Thank you Darlene.  After 4 days of being so sick, I started feeling better and I was so happy that my general mood has changed to appreciate my life and strive to do better.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,492
Points 138,353

Diane:

Tito came into my bedroom yesterday morning at 9am and hit my foot with his claw to wake me up.  He then got onto a high place---the cat condo and stayed there for an hour.  I think it's interesting that he felt the need to wake me up.  Iguanas do plan ahead about what they want to do.  They are so interesting.

Isn't that funny! Maybe he needed some mommy time. LOL

Diane:

I got several good things done today and hopefully tomorrow I'll do the same.  I've lost weight and my appitite is lower now so the flu did something good for me even though I had to suffer for it. lol

Good to hear you were able to get up and around some, and that you are focusing on getting well. Definitely not the first choice for losing weight.  

Darlene, Good to hear from you.

Robin, Excited to hear about how the kids did at State.

Linny, Hope the rest is doing you good.

I'm over my yesterday, and looking forward to today. I just hate myself when I let stupid things (like that hospital bill)  rule my thoughts and end up wasting a perfectly fine day. I strive so hard to find some good in every day, but sometimes I just have to throw in the towel, wave the surrender flag, and give up.  LOL. 

Hope all of you have a wonderful day today.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Diane:
I've lost weight and my appitite is lower now so the flu did something good

I know how you feel, Diane, I always was glad when I lost weight while being sick. I have been trying to loose. I have lost 10 lbs. since first of Jan. not a lot, but is better than gaining. If I loose as much as I want, I will look like those women you see on tv with all that extra skin.  UGH! 

I am so sorry to hear about the eggs. It is amazing that Guido woke you up. Can they get out of the glass container that you have them in?  How long are they?        

The Frontier man got rid of my strange emails I was getting. I always like it when they take control of my computer and do what ever needs done. He seemed to not know what to do for a long time......I saw "filter" and said "could you just filter it out since they are all from the same address?"  He said "no"........but that is what he ended up doing.  lol    He was reading his manual while working on it. He wasn't sure if it would send them to my trash or what.  They aren't in my trash, so I guess they are in cyber space somewhere.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:12 AM

Hi Jo,

Sounds like your email was hacked. Probably a good time to change your password. 

This happens to me from time to time on an old MSN email account that I use for businesses to respond to me. I have taken all of my contacts off the MSN address book and changed my password. I don't have that problem any longer.

I also heard that if you make your very first email contact all zeros (00000@gmail.com) if you get hacked it won't send out robo emails because the first contact is invalid. I did not do it. It's just something I heard.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:27 AM

Diane,

What happened to the eggs? I must have missed that post from you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:12 AM

Thanks, Darlene.  I have to go out to the store today to get groceries...a necessity at this point.  I woke up coughing and have a headache, but not feeling quite as weak as yesterday, so some improvement.  It's a nasty flu.  I can't wait until I feel like my self again.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:20 AM

Diane:

That's cool that Tito woke you up and then perched in your room.  No doubt that there's a bond with you, is there?  They are such interesting animals.  

I have lost a couple of pounds, too.  There has to be some good in being sick, right?.  Glad to hear you've gotten some things done and that you are improving steadily.  It will feel good to get back to my normal level of energy.  My mind isn't sick, just the rest of me, so I do contemplate everything I should be doing to keep up with things while I'm resting.  Hard to turn it off.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:27 AM

Jo, what a pain, right?  It does sound like your email was hacked and you should heed Lillie's advise.  

Loosing weight is good, but yes, that extra skin takes years to tighten up.  More the older we are.  Loosing weight fast isn't the best plan, but when you're sick it happens.  I suppose the benefits do out weigh the detriments.  I would like to loose about 20 lbs.  My Dr. says 12.  That doesn't sound like much, right?  It doesn't come off like it used to unfortunately.  I wish I could surgically remove my sweet-tooth, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:34 AM

Stephanie:

Linny, Hope the rest is doing you good.

I'm over my yesterday, and looking forward to today. I just hate myself when I let stupid things (like that hospital bill)  rule my thoughts and end up wasting a perfectly fine day. I strive so hard to find some good in every day, but sometimes I just have to throw in the towel, wave the surrender flag, and give up.  LOL. 

Hope all of you have a wonderful day today.

Thanks Stephanie.  I am ready to be over this flu.

I'm glad you're over your yesterday.  Isn't it funny how one little thing can change our whole outlook on life?  Our state of mind is so fragile, isn't it?  It's almost like some force is out there throwing bombs at us to keep us in turmoil, isn't it?

I hope your today is going better.  Are you going to be able to find some sewy time?  Hope so.  It's cold outside, isn't it?  We're going to be in the 50's today here.  Right after I type that I think of others here who would love to have a day where the temps are in the 50's.  I suppose it's all about perspective.  For me it's chilly out.  My windows are shut and the heat has come on.  Normally I'd put on a few layers and open the windows to air things out, but being sick I figured I'd play it safe and stay warm.

I hope you have a wonderful day, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,114
Points 110,420
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:35 AM

Darlene:

Linny t:
This flu I've got is the toughest I've had

Linny, so sorry to hear you are so sick.  Hope that you are able to rest and that is leaves as quickly as it started.

Thanks, Darlene.  How are things going in your neck of the woods?

Linny T

Page 359 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev357358359360361Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use