rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:38 PM

Stephanie:
You know me well enough to know that when I'm not focused on CQ, I have this passion for fall colors. Probably everyone does. LOL.  I could live in a pumpkin patch, with chickens, roosters, hay bales, old barns, fall leaves, fresh corn, apples and feel like it was just heaven on earth.
 Sounds divine to me.

How was your day today?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Robin:
I bet they are the same ones who takes extra time at lunch,come in a little late regularly and leave a little early not an errand they should have done on their own time never thinking to adjust their time sheet for those little things.

When I worked  for Publix, I called them "smoke screens". They're the people that look for any little thing someone else is doing and blow smoke around themselves. The theory is:, "If I can focus managements attention on all their flaws, they won't be looking at me. Sad thing is most management falls for this. I had only one  boss that would deflect that kind of stuff. One out of twenty? He'd tell them, "If you've got time enough to gossip, you're not staying busy enough yourself."  

Robin:
But as usual those who are faithful and do their job with any song and dance are not appreciate they are simply expect to keep on doing and when they don't then they hear it.  I'm having  a bit of trouble with this at my workplace to can you tell

Unfortunately, (in my humble opinion and life experiences), management and people that make their way to the top don't do it on recognizing what people put into their jobs, or acknowledging their efforts. They get there by being able to manipulate people into getting the most they can out of them. Most of us in this group would fall into the category of "people pleasers" and go over and above the call of duty for some (if any) recognition, or to feel that we have done something to make the world a better place. Your kids will remember you, the efforts you put forth, and the lessons they learned. As will we. I think what's important for you is that you know that you are, and have always done the best job that you can do to your ability. And don't let anyone make you feel any different without a challenge.  

In closing, I just want to say, I love you for who you are. I love that you go so many extra miles in dedication for our kids, I love that you take the time every day to give us input and a Lift to our days in everything you say and do. Keep your head held high, and that light in your heart.

God Bless you................... 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Linny t:

How was your day today?

Oh my, thanks for asking? I got up at 4am. Had some "past due" samples to finish, got ready in a flurry, raced to the job samples in tow, first to arrive at 7:15 hoping not to miss the builder for a later than promised on Monday payment for another job. Yes! Got it! The owner on this one showed up, listened to all feedback, making note of Little details that were important to him. Feedback for everything was good. Took of at 11 am and went to an estimate. Big one, nice lady, nice job. Stopped by McD's drivethrough and back to the job. Made all of the little things the owner and I discussed happen, and much more.  He stopped back thrilled. Yahoo, No, Thank you God!, and thank you Mike for moving my 10 ft ladder all day. Closed up the house after all the trades left. Funny, first to come, last to leave... Dropped the samples off at 4:30 on our way home . Got home to find a bill  from the hospital. A  lady has filed a false claim on my company for workers comp at a hospital. Oh joy. LOL Never heard of her, had my company name wrong, my work comp number incorrect. Not sure what kind of ordeal this will be, but claiming a $26, 000.00 medical bill. Fortunately for me I can prove it on the jobs I've been on and other trades and owners as witness , but why should I have too? It's just wrong!

Well, we take these things in stride . The best I'm hoping for this weekend is to meet my dear friend Sandy for the Quilt Show tomorrow. Not sure my achy breaky back is  going to be up for it. I'll keep you posted.....

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:34 PM

Thank you Robin for posting Lillie's post.  I rememeber that block from the other group.  I thought it is so origional.  That's what you hope to be able to do when your'e in a RR.

Normajo--to answer your question, bearded dragons are from Austrailia mostly in the desert so I guess they get the heat.  Today I talked with a guy at the pet store who's been giving me advice.  He says I'm doing everything right.  He says any one or more of the eggs could hatch.

I just looked at the eggs.  They are all yellow and hard so they are not good.  Next time I will buy some vermiculite to put them in to keep them moist and maybe buy and incubator.  I'm sure there will be a next time. :o(

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:52 PM

Sorry to hear that you had to go to work Linny.  They should understand.

I went to the pet store today and stocked up on crickets and mealworms for the dragons.  Since Nelly laid her eggs, Guido has wandered away and is hiding.  I think he needed some peace and quiet.  I'm sure he will be hungry----Nellie ate about 25 crickets.  She has gotten thin from all the mating activity and egg laying.  Tito is oblivious to it all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

That's too bad about the eggs Diane.

How many crickets do the dragons usually eat a day?

How are you feeling? Been up to any projects lately?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 9,115

Stephanie:
Got home to find a bill  from the hospital.

Oh my, Stephanie, I hope you don't have too much trouble getting this thing straightened out!  It seems like it should be easy to prove the name and everything is wrong; but I am sure it won't be.   Good Luck!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:47 AM

normajo1030:

Stephanie:
Got home to find a bill  from the hospital.

Oh my, Stephanie, I hope you don't have too much trouble getting this thing straightened out!  It seems like it should be easy to prove the name and everything is wrong; but I am sure it won't be.   Good Luck!! 

Thanks for the well wishes Jo.

What are you up to today? Anything fun?

I'm pretty much down for the count today for anything physical.

My sewing room is still so neat and tidy from having company last weekend I almost hate to mess it up. LOL. Mike's taken the day off so we've been hanging out watching the Rifleman marathon. LOL I should say he is mostly, I've already dozed off once. Sometimes these kind of days are just the ticket. We don't get to spend a lot of quality time . Most conversations are business, and who needs that all the time?

I'm fixing to get up here in a bit and if nothing else I have some floss I can organize and maybe it'll inspire me to move into something.  

Have a great day.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:50 AM

Sounds like a really full day Stephanie, and with good results.  Hope you went to the show with Sandy and are having a blast.

Diane, so sorry about the eggs.  Next time.  I'm sure Nellie liked the crickets.  She was probably famished.  It's a lot of work laying eggs, I'd imagine.

How long before they will be ready to mate again?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:00 PM

Stephanie, if you've never had that woman on your books as an employee, you should be fine.  The burden of proof should be on her.  Just write the hospital a letter stating your position.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 9,115

Stephanie:

What are you up to today? Anything fun?

I have spent all day on the computer and with Frontier.    When I got on to read my email this a.m. it said I had 200 emails which is very unusual for a Sat. morn. They were all from "Mail Delivery Failed" to people that I have never heard of.  I deleted all of those and started to read my regular emails and more of the same thing kept coming; so I had to call Frontier. I pay for them to take care of any problem I have, it is called Peace of Mind.  They are so nice there....they  always speak English. The girl I spoke to today had such a southern brogue that I had a little trouble understanding her, lol  but at least it was English. They set it up to do a scan and thought it would help; they said if it didn't to call back and they would clean my computer.  I just got into email and there were more of them. I am going to restart my computer and if that doesn't help I will call them again.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:58 PM

normajo1030:
When I got on to read my email this a.m. it said I had 200 emails which is very unusual for a Sat. morn. They were all from "Mail Delivery Failed" to people that I have never heard of.

Oh my goodness! Hope they get that taken care of soon. Isn't it wonderful when you get someone that is good at customer service?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Linny t:
if you've never had that woman on your books as an employee, you should be fine.  The burden of proof should be on her.  Just write the hospital a letter stating your position.

Thanks Linny. I never heard of her before. I have a written letter ready to go this morning, and will call my workers comp Monday. The papers said the insureds signature is on file. I know it's not mine, and have requested to see a copy of it. . Hopefully it's just some over zealous admin person that admitted her put the wrong info in. I'd sure hate to see the lady brought up on w.c. fraud if it's some typo. That's some serious business. This kind of thing just puts me in a tizzy. Especially when it happens on a weekend and there's no one to call. Oh well...

I didn't make it to the Quilt show. I'm pouting over it. LOL. I just ache all over. I need to get some tonic water I think too. (Thanks again Jo for this tip).  That stuff really works.

It is a beautiful day here though. Little on the cool side and I have all the windows open for the fresh air. Mike decided to run out and brought back some KFC pot pies. They're pretty good. Hadn't had one before. He's spraying some wicker furniture with a pretty yellow color for a designer. The room is a pretty pastel green. It should look nice together. Fresh and spring like.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:24 PM

Linny t:
How long before they will be ready to mate again

I think it's once a year.  But it may be more often,  I'll just wait and see.  I am keeping them together in a very large tank.  They are happy together.  Maybe it will be more often since they are together.  I'll check on the internet.  I had so many different answers about the time it would take to hatch the eggs--from 3 days.  I'm just glad that they get along and seem happy.

Today I am working around the apartment getting things done.  I am still weak.  I am working on getting my strength back.  A friend told me I probably had the Noro virus which is very bad and makes you very weak.  I have to look that up too.

My hands are getting better.  I want to start on one of the blocks later today.  I'm going to do my roses sprig and maybe some regular embroidery.  I have never had this problem where I have to rehabilitate myself after the flu.  But I am getting better so that's what counts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:40 PM

Stephanie:

That's too bad about the eggs Diane.

How many crickets do the dragons usually eat a day?

Stephanie---thanks for asking.  My dragon Nellie eats loads---20 crickets at a time and then she will eat some meal worms.  I have always fed her a lot because I wanted her to be healthy.  Guido is a light eater.  He loves the kale and will eat maybe 4 crickets at a time---strange.

As I mentioned before, I am in rehabilitation mode.  I am weak and shakey but slowly better day by day.

You are so sweet to ask.  thanks

Page 358 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev356357358359360Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use