My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:54 PM

Woo Hoo!  Dragon eggs!  I didn't realize they were so elongated, but why not, right?  How exciting!  I hope they are fertile.  How does mama dragon feel about her eggs being moved?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 4:50 PM

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better Linny.  Why don't you take tomorrow off to rest up and recoup.  I'm sure work would understand.

The eggs are elongated--not like the pics I have seen.  I will have to wait and see if they are good.  Moma dragon let me know that she passed the eggs by staaring at me and looking around.  She was concerned why I was making such a fuss in the other tank getting the incubator ready.  She lost interest quickly though.  Today she is very quiet, resting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 4:57 PM

I like that site Stephanie.  The fat quarter prices are very reasonable.  I couldn't find the book that you ordered.  What's the name of it.  Also I couldn't find the block that Lillie showed on page 13 of Cute as a button.  Is it possible that someone could make a comment that would lead me there?  Thanks.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:17 AM

Linny,

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. This is really nasty stuff that's going around. Drink lots of fluids and try to rest as much as you can.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:19 AM

Diane, I'm confused what block you are talking about.  Is it Lillie's finished Cute as a Button block?  I saw that one but thought I must not understand because it was your post with the final work on it that I found.  Is that what you are talking about?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:22 AM

Lillie:

Linny,

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. This is really nasty stuff that's going around. Drink lots of fluids and try to rest as much as you can.

Thanks, Lillie.  I have to work today.  Tomorrow and tonight I will rest.  Halls lozenges help a lot.  I still have a terrible cough.  I slept well enough last night though, so it's improving.  

All I can say is TGIF!!!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:24 AM

Stephanie:

I ordered a book today. I couldn't resist when I saw the Roosters, chickens, and big sunflower pillow. It's called French Market. Reminded me of you Diane. I know you like chickens too. Here's a link:  http://www.needllove.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Q20

That's a cool site Stephanie.  I love Country French.  I'll explore more while I'm resting tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:28 AM

Hi Diane,

This is the picture I posted earlier. I did not do this block. It's from the I Love Paris RR.  

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyquiltinginternationalgalleryone/

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:31 AM

Diane:

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better Linny.  Why don't you take tomorrow off to rest up and recoup.  I'm sure work would understand.

The eggs are elongated--not like the pics I have seen.  I will have to wait and see if they are good.  Moma dragon let me know that she passed the eggs by staaring at me and looking around.  She was concerned why I was making such a fuss in the other tank getting the incubator ready.  She lost interest quickly though.  Today she is very quiet, resting.

Thanks, Diane.  Wish I could stay home, but there's no way on a Friday.  It's my busiest day.  Mama Dragon trusts you with her eggs, I think.  You have a regular wild kingdom in your apartment, don't you?  How are the boys doing - Tito and Daddy Dragon? Sorry,  I don't remember his name.  Is it Guido?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,972
Points 63,955
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:35 AM

Good morning everyone,

Today is National Peanut Butter Day.    

We made it to Orlando yesterday with no problem.  

I think the car could do it on autopilot . 

Limny I'm so sorry you work with such immature people.   I bet they are the same ones who takes extra time at lunch,come in a little late regularly and leave a little early not an errand they should have done on their own time never thinking to adjust their time sheet for those little things.   You just focus on getting well.   You would think they would appreciate the fact that you had tried to prevent the whole office from getting sick. And that you also made an effort to keep things running as smoothly as possible in your absence.   But as usual those who are faithful and do their job with any song and dance are not appreciate they are simply expect to keep on doing and when they don't then they hear it.  I'm having  a bit of trouble with this at my workplace to can you tell

Diane,  Congrats on the eggs.   I hope that you get bunches of leaping dragons out of those eggs.

i hope everyone has a super Friday.

robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,972
Points 63,955
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:37 AM

Lillie:

Hi Diane,

This is the picture I posted earlier. I did not do this block. It's from the I Love Paris RR.  

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyquiltinginternationalgalleryone/

Diane,

here's Lillie's post

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Diane:
But here they are

I had no idea they would come so soon. I hope everything goes well. Don't they incubate them theirselves when in the wild? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:09 PM

Robin:

Today is National Peanut Butter Day.    

We made it to Orlando yesterday with no problem.  

I think the car could do it on autopilot . 

Limny I'm so sorry you work with such immature people.   I bet they are the same ones who takes extra time at lunch,come in a little late regularly and leave a little early not an errand they should have done on their own time never thinking to adjust their time sheet for those little things.   You just focus on getting well.   You would think they would appreciate the fact that you had tried to prevent the whole office from getting sick. And that you also made an effort to keep things running as smoothly as possible in your absence.   But as usual those who are faithful and do their job with any song and dance are not appreciate they are simply expect to keep on doing and when they don't then they hear it.  I'm having  a bit of trouble with this at my workplace to can you tell

I like it that they've made a day for Peanut Butter.  It's a real staple at my house.  Nate just loves PB&J's

Glad you made it safely.  Good luck!

Thanks for your understanding, Robin.  You hit the nail right on the head.  Hope your circumstances improve, too.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,908

Diane:
I couldn't find the book that you ordered.  What's the name of it. 

Sorry, I thought the link took you directly to the book. It's called French Market threads and below are the projects included. 

I think it's so neat that she (dragon) let you take the eggs without actually attacking you. LOL. And now she's resting. It will be fun to watch the progress one way or another. It's going to be a learning experience first time around I'm sure....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,908

Linny t:
That's a cool site Stephanie.  I love Country French.  I'll explore more while I'm resting tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing it.

You know me well enough to know that when I'm not focused on CQ, I have this passion for fall colors. Probably everyone does. LOL.  I could live in a pumpkin patch, with chickens, roosters, hay bales, old barns, fall leaves, fresh corn, apples and feel like it was just heaven on earth.  

Page 357 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev355356357358359Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use