My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:18 AM

EQ-Stitch from EQ CO is on sale for $150 (reg $250) for a limited time. I might get it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone

I am slowly improving.  Today another jewelry customer is coming to buy earrings.  I am so happy that they want to come back.  Hopefully I will be back working again soon. 

My female bearded dragon is ready to lay her eggs.  She started scratching last night so I put a box with sand in there and she spent most of the night scratching---but no eggs yet.  I'll keep you posted.

This virus has even affected my vision!  Whatever the flu shot had---it didn't have this nuro virus in it..  Sorry to go on but it's my life right now. 

On Sunday my home teacher came and left some chicken bisque soup that his wife made.  It was to die for!! What a treat!

Yesterday the missionaries came over and showed me a dvd about counting your blessings.  They prayed for me again took the recycling out.  Last week I made some good stew and put some in the freezer for them to take home.  I love the missionaries.  They are so wonderfully pure in their thinking.  Young kids away from home for the 1st time.  My church attendence has always been so poor with my various illnesses so I think they are trying to help me with that.  They are in for an eyeful with my medical problems!

There is a theory that we bring so much of these illness on ourselvers and that meditation and relaxation helps.  I may start meditating again.  It coudn't hurt.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:52 PM

Hi girlfriends!

Seems like forever since I've been on. I've caught up with the posts and ya'll have a lot going on as always. I'm not going to go back and try to reply to all at this point, but I've missed you and have kept you in my prayers.

We had a great family visit over the weekend. Went to a spring training baseball game, and made the rounds with visiting with Paul, and my younger brother and his family. All in all it was great fun.

Back to work yesterday and threw my back out some, so I've been down most of the day but it's a lot better now and I'm hoping I'll be back in the "saddle" for tomorrow. I have to get this job finished. It's like you get down to where you see it can happen and push yourself harder to make it so. It's been a big job, and I'll be glad to have it behind us.

Diane,

How sweet that the missionaries came yesterday. Being around the young ones with all of hope and bright thoughts is so uplifting. I run into that in my work now. They're finding their way and wonderful in their spirits.

Mike said he read that the flu shot really fell short this year. I'm so sorry you have had to suffer through this. I agree with the theory that our minds can make us ill. When I was younger, and worried all the time I was constantly sick. Of course there are the environmental factors too. Right now we've had Red Tide that have made a lot of people sick from the dead, rotting fish along the shorelines. Burning eyes, scratchy throat, etc. These are things you can't help.

The mind is an incredible vessel to have to help promote good health and spirit. In "my" world I have to find positive things in every day. Whether it be from prayer,meditation, nature, eye candy, petting the fur babies or just sitting like a bump on a log. Whatever it takes to put my mind in a state of wellness. These are not just easy words for me to say, as I have suffered with depression and panic attacks for far too many years.  It's a constant battle to stay on an even keel when there are so many negative forces around.  I have to shift thoughts as they come in and tell myself, "I'm not going to think about that now, I'm going to focus on this instead." It's a conscious effort like telling someone NO, I really don't want to do that.  It took practice to recognize when I was allowing myself to be sucked down, and practice to fight my way back up. I realized the world hadn't stopped, no one had died, the sun still rose and set regardless of how I was thinking and feeling.

I hope this hasn't come across like a lecture, it certainly hasn't been meant for that. I'm just sharing some insight in how I manage to get through each day. We are all just people trying to make our way through the hand we've been dealt.    God Bless you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:52 PM

Lillie:

EQ-Stitch from EQ CO is on sale for $150 (reg $250) for a limited time. I might get it.

I've never heard of this one. I went to the site and checked it out. Too cool! I didin't know you had an embroidery machine. They're loads of fun, aren't they. I have to say at this price and the user friendly interface, I think it's a great buy. One thing that puts EQ ahead of some of the other programs is their training videos and support. Let us know how you like it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:39 PM

Stephanie---thank you so much for the kind support.  My thing is anxiety also and I have to work on that all the time.  Recently, I discovered this quote from the Dalai Lama.

"I am open to the guidance of synchronicity and do not let expectations hinder my path".   This quote really stuck with me and I found it very helpful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:07 PM

Diane, I've gotten the flu, too.  I felt it coming on this weekend, but this morning I was just sick.  I went to work anyways, but they sent me home.  You know I'm sick if they send me home from work.  They are the type that expect you to work if you're dying.  Anyways, just laid around all day sleeping a little, coughing a lot.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I hear you about the flu shots not covering this flu.  I'm not surprised I got it because lots at work have already had it.  Miserable.  I just hope it doesn't last for weeks.

I believe that some things are brought on by ourselves, but I also believe that we catch things we don't want.  I have set my mind that I won't get sick and haven't, but it didn't work this time.  Oh, well.  Can't win them all.  

So it won't be long before the eggs are laid.  Yahoo!  That's when it will get exciting.

Glad to hear you have a repeat customer for your jewelry.  That's encouraging.  Also, so nice that your church cares so much about you to come to your house and care for you.  Those missionaries sound so sweet.  That's got to lift your spirits meeting with them.  I just love to see young people in service to God.  It's a beautiful thing.

Don't worry about wearing us out hearing about your feeling sick.  That's what friends are for, you know.  Take care and pretty soon you'll be your old spunky self.  Won't it be nice when spring comes?  It won't be long.  Makes you want to get out and enjoy that fresh air.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:15 AM

Diane:

"I am open to the guidance of synchronicity and do not let expectations hinder my path".   This quote really stuck with me and I found it very helpful.

I love this quote. Thank you for sharing it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:21 AM

Linny,

Sorry to hear you are so sick. I hope it passes quickly for you.

Linny t:
Don't worry about wearing us out hearing about your feeling sick.  That's what friends are for, you know.

Amen. : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:40 AM

Good Morning one and all,

I'm so sorry to hear that you guys are sick.   I wish there was some way to make you feel better.  Rest and plenty of fluids.   And I know this sounds crazy but I swear by hot Epsom salt baths.   I was reading the other day about all the curing values of Epsom salts.   Just make sure that you put on plenty of clothes when your done to keep the warmth in and the cold out.   And drink plenty of fluid while you soak so you can stand to stay in as long as possible.  

Today is

And it's the final preparation day at MCHS for the state FCCLA Meeting.   The kids have to be done with their projects, speeches, and boards today.   I leave tomorrow with the lot in tow the kids and Donn join me on Saturday.    Then the fun begins.  

Stephanie,   I hope your back is better and that you have gotten your job done.

Linny,  Take care.

Diane  Good luck hunting dragon eggs.

Lillie,  I hope you got your snow.

And I am off to work, I go.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:00 AM

Linny--I am so sorry that you got the flu.  It may only last a couple of days.  My friend got it and it was 4 days where for her mother--it was several weeks like me.  I have 2 auto immune diseases.  Diabetes and Fibromyalgia.  When I get something it will last a long time.  It was funny that they had to tell you to go home.  You must have looked really sick.  That happened to me once.  A patient told me "you look really bad".  I knew it was time to go home. lol

I started working on one of the RR's yesterday.  I am slowly feeling better.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:19 PM

I stayed home again today.  Felt better for awhile, but when I got up to take the dogs out I felt weak in the legs.  Back in bed for me, I suppose.  

Robin, international Polar Bear Day is for you and national No Brainer is for me.  I feel like I don't have a brain today.  Kahlua is alcohol, right?  It goes in White Russians, right?  It's been so long since I drank alcohol, I forget.  

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.  I'm going back to bed.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:28 PM

I had to share this photo with you. It came from Crazy Quilting International. It's from an I Love Paris RR they are doing. I love everything about it.  And the basket of flowers on the bike is so sweet.   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyquiltinginternationalgalleryone/

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:22 PM

Robin:
And I know this sounds crazy but I swear by hot Epsom salt baths.   I was reading the other day about all the curing values of Epsom salts.

I treated myself to one of these this morning. After being laid out most of the day yesterday, I woke up at 1:30. I stayed up for a while, watched a couple episodes of Flashpoint on tv, had a nice hot soak and went back to sleep for an hour. It was heaven. It wasn't really cold but I wore my sweatshirt on the way in. I think I would have rather done any other job today  than mine. Somedays are like that for all of us I'm sure.

I hope your day went well in making sure everyone had their stuff together, and especially hope that all the kids do well and make you proud! Of course their well wishes for some fun too when Don joins you on Saturday.

Today choice of days I think I would be tempted by Kahlua! Haven't had that in ages, and could go for a cup of hot coffee topped off with that and whipped cream. Yum. I think I'll have to settle for the luscious piece of carrot cake Mike got for me instead for tonight.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:31 PM

Linny t:
I stayed home again today.  Felt better for awhile, but when I got up to take the dogs out I felt weak in the legs.  Back in bed for me, I suppose.

Good for you staying home. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling so bad that you're weak in the legs, and hope you have spent the day in bed.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:32 PM

Lillie:

I had to share this photo with you. It came from Crazy Quilting International. It's from an I Love Paris RR they are doing. I love everything about it.  And the basket of flowers on the bike is so sweet.   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyquiltinginternationalgalleryone/

Lillie,

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Page 355 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev353354355356357Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use