rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:27 AM

Diane:

I have been sick since October with one thing or another.  Today is the first day that I prepared some jewelry.  My hands are shakey.  I am just praying that things will be better.

Anyway I have to prepare 2 blocks for RR's by mid March.

The dragons have quit mating but they still want to be in the same place.  They are married now! LOL

Diane, I will pray that you get better.  I can't imagine trying to make jewelry with shaky hands.  It's hard enough to handle wire and pliers with steady hands. I hope your health returns.  Good luck with the RRs.  Not feeling well sure does take the joy out of things, doesn't it? 

Hopefully these politicians will stop playing power games with our lives some day.  I am to where I don't even want to hear the news any more.  I think it's shameful that the politicians don't offer to cut a percentage of their big fat pay checks to compensate all the affected Americans instead of  creating and then using the plight of the people for political gain?  It seems to me they all are all way out of touch with what it's like to try to make it in the "real" world like we all do. 

Sorry, just had to get that out, lol.  

Anyways, it's cute to hear about your dragons in wedded bliss.  Soon you'll be a gramma :)  

Hope you are having a restful Sunday.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:15 AM

Darlene, it never ends for you, does it?  Like you say, parenting our parents is not for the faint of heart.  I know your mom appreciates you.  Hope she's not too sore today.  I don't know about your mother in law.  Seems to me she wants attention and creates most of her plights.  Is she diabetic?  

I'm sure it felt great to rope in the office.  Just getting organized is such a lift.  Sounds like Gracie likes to play in the wires.  Isn't it funny how they pick just the wrong places to find excitement?  

How's Tim feeling?  What's next for him?  How's Kyle doing with his job search?  Is he feeling better about things?

Thanks for sharing about the garage sale pricing.  No one asked me to come down in price.  I was prepared to, but it looked more like they came to the garage sale to buy junk.  That's what mostly sold.  All the little junk, none of which was mine.  I thought about you crocheting the scrubbies and actually considered doing it just to have something small for sale.  I don't intend to make garage sales a career.  I will do one more at my sister's house on March 26th when her whole community is having one and that's mostly to help her.  She's not up to doing it by herself and she has a lot of things in her house that she wants to get rid of.  We are looking at other venues in the future that are craft oriented.  We shall see.  They have one that's the 3rd Saturday of each month that is outdoors that seems reasonable.  I say that and then think of all your stories about storms and heat and packing and lugging.  I only have the jewelry so far which is easy to transport, but my sister has larger pieces that are light weight.  We were constantly picking up things that blew over yesterday for her.  She makes things that involve glass candle holders, too, and she lost some glass yesterday. She gets her votive holders at Goodwill, so not a lot of money lost.  Still, there are expenses to the repairs.  I only lost 1 thing in the umbrella accident and it was minor.  Such are the perils of a windy day at a garage sale.

I have my sights set on Mother's day and my LQS.  I am going to approach them about consigning some of my things.  I've seen other consigned stuff on their counter by the register.  I am also going to visit shops in surrounding towns and try the same thing.  My town doesn't have a needle work shop, but some are close by, so I'll try them, too.  I guess I need to focus some on my marketing skills.   Much to consider in this selling hand made items world, eh?

I hope you get to have a restful Sunday, in between all of your parental parenting duties.  That time in life is when we really have to remember that we store our riches in Heaven, isn't it?    

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:25 AM

Robin:
It's National Tortilla Chip day.  They were actually not invented in Mexico but in LA in the 1940's.
 Well, I like tortillas and I do think the world was improved with their invention.  I guess they deserve a day to themselves.

I hope you have a pleasant Sunday, too, Robin.  As usual, you have been a busy lady.  You have so many projects going on at one time I wonder how you manage to keep them all going so well.  You deserve a medal for keeping up with all of it.  

I am a little sore today.  Headache and neck ache, but nothing a few Ibuprophin can't ease.  It could be worse, for sure.  Still, I plan on laying low and doing hand work, so I'm up to the work week.  I carry a lot of my stress in my neck area and I have a lot of help at work in having stress.  The more I rest today, the less it'll hurt tomorrow afternoon, I figure.

I hope you have fun juggling all your project balls today and that multitasking comes easy to you.  Some days it's easier than others.  Hope you find some just "Robin" time, too.  Happy Sunday!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 3:28 PM

Linny--you are so talented.  What I do with my jewelry is try to make what these ladies in my building would love to wear.  I also have some ideas about necklaces that would sell to a yournger crowd.  I say--if your earrings sold, make more!

I am feeling better day by day.  Yesterday I was able to bathe Tito and rock him in my chair for a while.  He has gotten a little wild since  I was sick and unable to give him the attention that he needs.  He loves his head rubbed if I can get hime to settle down----after a bath and wrapped in a towel he will cooperate.  It's like the "taming of the sherw" LOL

Right now I have the honeymooners bathed out and about  and was able to tend to their house which is a large glass tank.  I may get rid of the smaller one---I will see---since space is at a premiul here! lol  Nelly's tummy is big but not unusual so I don't know about the eggs yet.  I have to get some vermiculite to put them in.  I'll probably use some tupperware and place it in the other tank with a heat lamp and keep a large bowel of water in there to keep them moist.  A homemade incubator on advice from the great pet store crew!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:32 PM

Thanks for the advise, Diane.  I like to make the earrings because they go quick.  I can make 20 pr. in an afternoon once I get everything laid out.  I'm going to try some necklaces that match them.  It's fun but I am starting to miss the feel of fabric in my hands.  

Taming of the shrew, lol...poor Tito needs his attentions, doesn't he?  I suppose the other 2 had center stage for awhile there and then you being sick he kind of got ignored a little.  Sounds like you have the incubator all figured out.  That's a relief.      

I'm glad to hear you say you feel better day by day.  That stuff really whipped you, didn't it?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are starting your day off in a way that is as special as each of you are.

Do you like Chili?  If so today is your day.   It's National Chili Day,  

Sharing this day is Chocolate covered nuts.

Glad to see everyone appears to be on the mend.  

My neck of the woods is soggy again today.  This has been going on since Thursday I think.   Last check from a FB friend was over 4' since Friday.   And it started again last night and hasn't stopped.    I'm getting a little concerned about flooding between the house and the college Laurie goes to.   The Withlacoohoee River  is at the state line and she has to cross a narrow bridge.   They have only closed it one time in my life but the other day when we passed there the water was high and rushing fast.  I'm sure she'll be fine but it is a Mother's prerogative to worry.  Right?

Thanks for the well wishes for state.  The kids are beginning to feel the pinch which is not usual.   There's only 3 days left to prep boards,  but they are well into it.  I leave on Thursday to go down with Keeley.  Her last year in high school,  her last state conference as a State Officer,  going to be alot of these moments in the next few months I've either got to buck up or carry tissues.    Planning on the bucking up.   But there is something harder about this one than the first one.   Maybe it's because I still had one in the nest when the last one launched.   Oh well,  they got to go to grow I guess.

Well, it's time to get up and get dress.  Have a blessed day everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:28 AM

We had about 5" of snow yesterday. Woo hoo!!! So nice because we really need the moisture.

I'm in for the chocolate covered nuts!

Today, fabric.com is having a 30% Christmas fabric sale. Good until midnight 2-25-13. The link is on the right hand side of the screen. Deal of the Day.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:46 AM

Robin:

Do you like Chili?  If so today is your day.   It's National Chili Day,  

Sharing this day is Chocolate covered nuts.

Hey, today goes with yesterday's tortilla chips.  I like chili, but it doesn't like me as much as it used to.  I'll pass on the nuts for the same reason...just not my day.

You got a lot of rain, didn't you?  Hope it doesn't cause trouble for your daughter's drive.

All the lasts....you're looking forward to her last accomplishments while she's still your school girl and one thing is that you have the advantage of being involved in the whole process with State and all.  What a Hallmark year for you.  Good luck bucking up.  You can save the tears for the day they walk down the isle.  That's when it really hits you.  You are such a good mom!

Robin:
I'm sure she'll be fine but it is a Mother's prerogative to worry.  Right?
I don't think a mother ever stops worrying about her children.  It's what moves us to pray for them.  While we're alive they will always be covered with prayer.  

Well, off to Monday, Monday.  I have some tests to get this morning.  Just normal annual stuff, like mammogram, bone density.  Then I'll hit the ground flying when I get to work.  I feel a little off and think I might have gotten the bug Nate had last week.  Hope not.

Anyways, hope everyone has a blessed day!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:15 AM

Thanks for sharing the sale link, Lillie!  Glad you're getting more snow.  (Never thought I'd say that to anyone, lol.)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:20 PM

OMGosh. I went to get my hair cut this morning YAY!  My stylist told me that her mother had the same thing I did. Her cough was so violent that she broke two ribs coughing. OMGosh I felt so bad for her. And I thought my cough was bad.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 4:06 PM

Wow!  Broke 2 ribs?  I never heard of flu that bad.  Do you get a flu shot every year, Lillie?  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:45 PM

Linny t:

Wow!  Broke 2 ribs?  I never heard of flu that bad.  Do you get a flu shot every year, Lillie?  

I've never had a flu shot before. I have not been sick for over two years. But this was really bad. I'm thankful that I did not break any ribs. But my cough was violent enough that I could have. I may have to think about getting flu shots in the future.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:15 PM

I get flu shots and I don't get sick often.  Without them I do.  I get them for free each year through my work.  This year people who got flu shots are getting sick anyways.  They are like insurance.  They don't cover everything, lol.  I haven't been feeling right the past couple of days and I'm praying I don't get what's going around my work.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:26 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you slept well and that by the time you read this you are off to a right fine start of a day.

Today is National Pistachio Day

and Tell a Fairy Tale Day

and My oldest daughter, Laurie's 22nd birthday.  

They say that you will miss when your babies are grown and to a point I do.  But I got to say I am enjoying this new season of life were we are a little more like friends than parent and child.   It's nice to be able to just talk about life things.   There are times I worry and am then reminded that they will always be my babies but there is something about this stage I find quite pleasant.

Lillie, I to am glad that you didn't break any ribs.   They say that is a very painful experience not to mention dangerous.

Linny,  I hope you are feeling better today.  

Well, I'm running late and have miles to go before I sleep.  Fortunately it is a testing day for at least the first period.  I'm only going to have a handful of 9 graders left when the all get pull so I'm hoping to get some things done during that time.   

Have a blessed day everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:12 AM

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!  Have some pistachio's from all of us.

We're supposed to get more snow today/tonight. Hope it happens.  lol

northern colorado

Page 354 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev352353354355356Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use