rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:47 PM

Linny t:
It's just so dainty and spring like.  Makes a body feel good.  I want to keep it, lol

You should keep it. The flower beads are such a beautiful touch.

How'd it go with the Doctor?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:57 PM

Everything is fine, except I'm low on vitamin D, so supplements.  I have to get some tests - mammogram & bone density - the normal stuff.  My cholesterol is just a tad high and actually lower than it was the last time - a testimony for Cheerios, my new snack of choice - on purpose, lol.  He wants me to lose a few pounds.  I knew I'd hear that, so no pain about it.  All in all a positive experience.  Thanks for asking.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,330
Robin replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:11 AM

Good Morning All,

Well today is truly a great day!   It's National Hoodie Hoo Day,  National Cherry Pie Day and .......

National Love your Pet Day!    

So there is much to be done.   First Kiss the Dog, Hug the Cat, Wink at the Iguana and don't worry about the Dragons they are taking care of the love themselves, bake a cherry pie in honor of Queen Elizabeth the first and last go outside and holler "Hoodie Hoo" to keep winter at bay.   

As for me I'll be going to school and doing my measuring lab with first period.  Followed by the rest of my classes and trying to keep kids busy getting ready for state.  

In answer to all the questions yes it is a lot of responsibility.   I just hope every year that God will give me the strength and wisdom to keep it going.   It's really about the kids and they truly do all of the work.  I'm very proud of what they accomplish throughout the year and want to see them recognized for their accomplishments.    

Last year before state I couldn't sleep this year it seems like all my body wants is sleep, which is keeping me from getting anything done after dinner.   Thankfully last night I answered the call and went to bed right after dinner.  I slept well until about 1:00.  Then got up and worked for an hour and 1/2 and made myself go back to bed.

Feeling great and refreshed this morning.

Linny,  Glad your Doctor's visit went well.   Hooray for Cheerios!

Stephanie,  I love that scripture verse.  Your timing could not have been better.

Diane, Jo, Lillie and Darlene,   I hope all is right in your little corner of the world.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:19 AM

Robin:

Well today is truly a great day!   It's National Hoodie Hoo Day,  National Cherry Pie Day and .......

National Love your Pet Day!    

It really is truly a great day, Robin. 

What is measuring lab about?

Hope you have a really great day Hoodie Hooing around, lol.  I'd never heard of this.  Is it popular somewhere?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 4:51 PM

Linny t:
 All in all a positive experience.  Thanks for asking.

Sounds good! I'll have to put Mike on cheerios. Maybe me too. LOL. I'm sure after hanging with him everday mine is up there too.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 4:59 PM

Robin:
So there is much to be done.   First Kiss the Dog, Hug the Cat, Wink at the Iguana and don't worry about the Dragons they are taking care of the love themselves, bake a cherry pie in honor of Queen Elizabeth the first and last go outside and holler "Hoodie Hoo" to keep winter at bay.   

ROFLOL. Made me laugh, especially hollering "Hoodie Hoo" to keep winter at Bay.  I could get away with that here, although the neighbors kids are out playing. Speaking of which I am dying to buy them a volleyball, or badmitton game. I think they'd have a blast with one. Sometimes I think I just want to be a kid again myself. LOL

I love reading of your devotion to your kids. I wish them all the best at State! And wish you some good rest to go with it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:19 PM

I laughed today when I saw Robin's post too!  I am not well today--the flu virus continues with my stomach!  I've heard it goes on like this for a few weeks!!!!  Powerful bug!  At least I can eat but I am still very shakey preventing me from jewelry making and hand sewing.  Oh well---I am better.  How is everyone else with the flus'?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:34 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 All in all a positive experience.  Thanks for asking.

Sounds good! I'll have to put Mike on cheerios. Maybe me too. LOL. I'm sure after hanging with him everday mine is up there too.   

With cheerios you don't feel hungry and you stay really regular, lol.  They satisfy me desire to crunch.  I think better when I crunch.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:36 PM

Diane:

I laughed today when I saw Robin's post too!  I am not well today--the flu virus continues with my stomach!  I've heard it goes on like this for a few weeks!!!!  Powerful bug!  At least I can eat but I am still very shakey preventing me from jewelry making and hand sewing.  Oh well---I am better.  How is everyone else with the flus'?

Golly, Diane.  I'm sorry you're still feeling puny.  That is a powerful bug.  Hope it goes away soon.  How are you doing with your other RR's?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:47 PM

I didn't go outside and holler Hoodie Hoo, but I yelled it in my head and added a couple of extra hoo's to the end. Then, thought how nice it would be to have chocolate mint ice cream.  lol

Diane, sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. My illness has lasted almost 4 weeks. Today is the first day I feel like a human again. I actually have some energy. Hopefully yours won't last that long and you'll be back at it in no time.

We're expecting 2-inches of snow tonight. I hope we actually get it. We desperately need the moisture.

I signed up for Whisper Quilt on WWCQ or ICQ (can't remember which one) We're supposed to start in May or June, depending on when we get enough people. June would be better for me, but I can do May but will have to hustle since I'll be gone for 10 days in May.

I think the Whisper Quilt is a 6-inch block. Each person makes their own block and embellishes it. Sends it to the next person and they make one using similar colors and their interpretation of the owners embellishments. Now, I'm not sure how it works when it gets to the 3rd person because the instructions say to put the owners original block in a non-see-through wrapping. It doesn't say the 3rd, 4th, or 5th person should open it. I'll have to ask about this part.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:30 PM

Hey, Lillie.  Good to hear from you.  Glad to hear you're starting to feel human again.  That's a nasty flu to last that long.

Your Whisper Quilt sounds intriguing.  Maybe each subsequent person does that same thing with the block the person who sent it to them did.  Ever try a whisper line where one person tells a secret and then each person passes it down?  Then everyone's surprised at how it's changed by the time it gets to the end of the line.  Can't wait for you to share it with us.  

Are you going on a vacation in May?  Anywhere exciting?  I'm afraid this year I'll be experiencing vacations by proxy, lol.  No cash for a trip, although I'd love to go to the mountains of NC.  Maybe next year.  Last time I went it was with my sister and we had a blast.  She's still a little too weak to take a trip anyways.  I can't imagine going without her.

Hope you get your snow.  Being all snug inside when it snows give such a contented feeling.  Soon be all well and you'll be out there shouting Hoodie Hoo to chase it away.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,330
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:58 AM

Well Good Morning all you Hoodie Hollaring people,

Glad to know each and everyone of you. 

Ok today is International Mother Language Day and National Sticky Bun.  

Well,  I can't do a lot about the first one because English is the only language I know so I'll have to use it.  Darn no Lithuanian. 

National Sticky Bun sounds like a great option.  Would love to can one right now. 

Diane,   I was hoping my comments yesterday would at least make you smile.   Glad to bring a little joy when you are feeling so bad.   I hope you bounce back faster than Lillie.

Lillie,  Glad that you are back.  Your Whisper Quilt sounds very interesting.   I have a secret desire to recreate I dropped the button box.  I think it would be a great way to learn seam embellishments.    Maybe one day.   Right now I just want to finish May BOM.

Stephanie,  I think a volleyball set would be awesome.  But then I grew up in the age before wii.    Can you play volleyball on that thing?  I'll have to look.

Linny,  Sorry to hear that you want get to go to NC this year.  I know that you really looked forward to that trip last time you went and as I remember had a blast.

Jo and Darlene,  I hope your worlds are spinning up right.

Today, the student teachers that I trained on Tuesday will teach the measuring lessons and we will be one step closer to cooking.   But I'm afraid that will have to way until I return from state.    I started trying to catch up my grading last night for progress reports only to find out that many of my second year students would be in trouble if I put in grades for everything they owed me that I have not put in grades for, because they would have an abundance of zeros.   Today we will stop everything and catch up our missing assignments or I will break their necks.    I simply don't understand why they cannot do what I ask them to do when I ask them to do it.  ugh!   I really do not need this right now.   One of the blessing of my job. 

However, on a brighter note yesterday was very productive.   I'm beginning to think that we will survive getting ready for state again.

Well let me get up so I can go to work and make teenagers do what they are suppose to do. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:43 AM

Robin:
Glad to know each and everyone of you. 
  The feeling is mutual.

Hope you have a day that is much easier than you think it will be.  Getting teens to do what they need to do is quite the challenge, especially in this too much tech age.  Good luck with them.  I'm happy to hear yesterday went well and that you can see a glimmer of hope regarding getting ready for state.

Oh, and I'm for the sticky buns...in English, please.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:12 AM

We're planning on going to Italy in May. Already purchased everything. Hopefully we'll have it almost paid off before we go on our trip. lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:12 AM

Oh, you lucky girl!!!  That's a dream vacation for me.

Linny T

Page 352 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev350351352353354Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use