My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:00 PM

I just wanted to share my newest scissor fobs.  Let me know what you think of them.

The little vials are around 2" long and 1/4" in diameter (without the beads) and are intended to be used for needle keepers.  The lengths vary between 6" and 8" long.  They are much prettier in person than the photos show, as is true with our CQ blocks. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:55 PM

Linny-----they are lovely!!  I would like to know how you beaded the vials--esp the middle one.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:05 PM

Thanks, Diane.  It's just simple tubular peyote stitch.  The daisy shapes are just color changes in the beads.  The spiral green happens by repeating a color pattern, too.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 4:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is Chocolate Mint Day! 

Linny,

Your Scissor Fobs are beautiful.  I love the designs and the colors.  I bet you'll do well with them on Saturday. 

Diane, 

Good to hear from you.  I hope this is a sign that you are feeling better.

Yesterday was fairly productive.  The two groups manage to accomplish a lot on their display board plans and have their speeches about done.  Hopefully,  they will make more progress this afternoon.   The third group is making progress but struggling.   They made some progress towards completing their last project yesterday and hopefully will make it done in time.  Scrapbook is underway and the two story tellers showed up and finished their visuals.   Now they just have to finish telling the story to a preschool group.

The only ones missing was the Public Speaker and the Career Investigation person.   Hopefully they worked at home on their own.

Today will be more of the same, and I'll have my four classes to wrangle.  Hopefully this Cowpoke will survive the challenge.  I went to bed early because I was so sleepy but didn't  sleep well until around 2 o'clock.

Hope your Tuesday is a blessed one.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 4:40 AM

Linny, These are Beautiful!!!! If I had to pick a fav' the one with the violet, periwinkle abd clear matte flowers would be snatched up in a heart beat! Love the pattern in the blue on and the heart clasps. I'm sure the photo's don't do them justice for sparkle, but you took great pic's of them. You are so creative. I couldn't begin to think of an idea like this and make it happen. WTG! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 4:42 AM

Robin,

Your post yesterday touched my heart. You are such a lovely person.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:20 AM

Robin:

Today will be more of the same, and I'll have my four classes to wrangle.  Hopefully this Cowpoke will survive the challenge.  I went to bed early because I was so sleepy but didn't  sleep well until around 2 o'clock.

Hope your Tuesday is a blessed one.

Robin,

Does preparing for state create anxiety for you? It's a big responsibility preparing for this, isn't it? Always seems to get down to the wire. Don't know how you manage, but you always do.

I seem to be out of the sleepless mode lately. I'd say it's gone far over to the other direction. Going in at 8 and having to be awakened at 5. Must need it, I guess, but I miss those early morning private times.

Hope you have a Blessed Tuesday yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:36 AM

I recently got a "thank you" card from a friend and wanted to share the verse with you:

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.

Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you.

Plans to give you Hope and a future.  

Jeremiah 29:11 

I just love that. It reaffiirms faith to me. Sometimes we don't understand why we have to go through some of the things that we do, and maybe we never will. But somehow reading this makes me feel that he has purpose and reason for it all. And it's not to have us hurt and suffer ourselves, but to keep our faith alive and trust that he will bring us through.

I hope in your day you can find yourselves feeling that Hope. That burning candle deep down inside of us that keeps us carrying on and taking one step at a time. I hope you find the strength to put your feet on the ground and take the steps you need to take to make your day better. One footstep and One day at a time.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:52 AM

Those are really beautiful Linny. I love what you did to the glass vials. You're such a clever girl.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:59 AM

Robin:

Today is Chocolate Mint Day! 

Linny,

Your Scissor Fobs are beautiful.  I love the designs and the colors.  I bet you'll do well with them on Saturday. 

Since it's warmed up so much down here, I think today would be an excellent day to have some Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!

Thanks for the compliment on my scissor fobs, Robin.  We'll see if anyone actually wants them.  I'm particularly attached to the one with the flowers, myself.  Just because it is so delicate looking.  I've found myself wondering if I should keep it, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:01 PM

Lillie:

Those are really beautiful Linny. I love what you did to the glass vials. You're such a clever girl.

Thanks, Lillie.  I think you are a clever girl, too :)

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:05 PM

Stephanie:

I recently got a "thank you" card from a friend and wanted to share the verse with you:

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.

Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you.

Plans to give you Hope and a future.  

Jeremiah 29:11 

I love that scripture.  So reaffirming.  Thanks for sharing this, Stephanie.  It's a word for us at just the right moment to help us keep our flames burning.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:08 PM

Robin:

Yesterday was fairly productive.  The two groups manage to accomplish a lot on their display board plans and have their speeches about done.  Hopefully,  they will make more progress this afternoon.   The third group is making progress but struggling.   They made some progress towards completing their last project yesterday and hopefully will make it done in time.  Scrapbook is underway and the two story tellers showed up and finished their visuals.   Now they just have to finish telling the story to a preschool group.

The only ones missing was the Public Speaker and the Career Investigation person.   Hopefully they worked at home on their own.

It's a lot to organize that many people, Robin.  From the sounds of it, you do a really great job.  Still, it's a lot of pressure getting there, isn't it?  How many of these have you got under your belt already?  

Hope your day goes smoothly and you are able to get to sleep tonight a little early.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:11 PM

Stephanie:

Linny, These are Beautiful!!!! If I had to pick a fav' the one with the violet, periwinkle abd clear matte flowers would be snatched up in a heart beat! Love the pattern in the blue on and the heart clasps. I'm sure the photo's don't do them justice for sparkle, but you took great pic's of them. You are so creative. I couldn't begin to think of an idea like this and make it happen. WTG! 

Thanks, Stephanie.  It's my fav, too.  If you could hold it you'd know why.  It's just so dainty and spring like.  Makes a body feel good.  I want to keep it, lol

I have a Dr. appt. today, so gotta go for now.

Hope all have a really great day!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:55 PM

Robin---you are such a good home ec teacher!  I remember how it was when I was in school over 40 yrs ago!  We learned just the basics!

Page 351 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev349350351352353Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use