My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:58 PM

Gum drops sound good. I'd like to have a mouthful of the spice ones right now. Not sure what's up with the sweet tooth lately but it's been talking to me.

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. Mike was home sick, and today I was. But he's out right now and bringing home some Chicken Francais from a local Italian restaurant. What a treat!

Jo, I enjoyed your name story. Too funny that the three of you ladies should be waiting and no one recognized each other from the first name. I remember when we were little my mom named my youngest brother Bryan Scott. My older brother told her that he didn't like Bryan and he was going to call him Scott. And so we all did. Funny how those things start.

Diane,

I am so sorry to hear you have been so ill. We missed you, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Robin,

What a PIB that sink has turned out to be for you. Crazy that a platform has to be built for it! Good to hear your troops did a good job cleaning. I need to do that frig/freezer thing myself. Cabinets too. I was searching for a hot drink mix today and found some cappucino. Made myself a nice hot cup, thought it didn't taste that great. I checked the date on it and it said 2002. Ick! Really? Sure doesn't seem that long ago that I bought it.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:30 AM

Good Morning,

I am just waking up from a 12 hour nap.   My body apparently needed some rest.  

Yes the sink has been a pain.  Yesterday the whole situation could another turn.  They have decided to break into the wall and access the drain pipe at a lower level to avoid having to raise the sink.   Which is what I had asked for the day before but the guy who had was there said "we" didn't want to do that, mainly because he didn't want to do all of that.  He started talking about pea traps and drain lines and other things that I have no clue about and my class was waiting on me.  So I told him to talk to my boss and his and whatever they decided I'd work with.  Well, he called his boss and he was the one who decided they would lower the drain not raise the sink.  I don't think he was real happy about it but I didn't do it.  But I'm glad someone did,  I could just see that platform being such a safety risk.  Some kid falling off while doing dishes or tripping over the corner as they were flying by with a pan of food. 

Yes, I'm delighted with the cleaning the kids did.   I didn't realize how dirty and the place was until we got started cleaning.  We even washed down the walls which at the top of the cabinets which were caked in dust.   Our schools ventilation system is the pits.  We have a flat top roof, which makes no sense in Florida.  The vent system is run between the roof of the build and the ceiling of the rooms.  It sucks in so much dust filters it out in the rooms it's horrible.  And they didn't block the vents this summer or last when they did construction work.  So all the dust from that was suck up and redistributed in the classroom.  And no one has bother to clean any of it.    I can't stand the way they let dust accumulated on the base boards and such.   I clean all the time.  I also replace filters all the time.   It's no wonder I always have students blowing their noses.    The whole building needs a good cleaning.     I wish we would just take a day, arm the teachers and the students with tools and have everyone truly clean and dust their rooms.   I think the whole building would be healthier for it.    Getting off my soap box now!

Anyway, 

Today is National Do a Grouch a Favor Day or Almond Day.

Don't really want to run into a Grouch but will try to help them out if I do run into one.   I like Almonds particularly on top of coconut cover in chocolate.  Sounds like it might be a good day for an Almond Joy.    Today is going to involve going after the supplies the kids still need for display boards.   I'm hoping that by next weekend I'll have one maybe two teams done with their boards.  State is now only a week and a half away so next week will be crazy.   To many lose ends for me to count.   I swear we're starting in October next year.   Haha I think I said that last year.   But I'm really nervousness this year.

Stephanie,

Maybe you can simply clean your cabinets as you go.  You know check the date as you use things and throw out what needs to go when you find it.   I hate cleaning out my pantry.  It is always full of stuff the kids opened ate two are three handfuls from and then left to sit until it went stale.  And opened another box without throwing the stale one out.  So I never know which one is the good one and which one is the stale one without tasting it. uck!

Diane,

I hope you are feeling better today.  Potato Soup  is a good fix if you are still feeling weak and a little queasy.  Just go light on the pluses like sour cream and butter.   When I make it for a sick kid I just but a little butter, salt and pepper.   But I boil the potatoes in chicken broth.  It is so soothing.

Linny,

Enjoy the day off my friend.  It sounds like you are having some trying times and work, use this time to rebuild and replenish your spirit.   Hey how's Nate?  Did he have a good Valentine's Day at school?  They are so cute at that age about Valentine's Day.

Darlene,

Hoping you, Tim and Gracie and building some bonds and that Kyle has found himself on the trail of a new adventure.

Lillie,

What's next for you guys?  is the party back on?  have you felt well enough to grout the tile?

Jo,

Any responses from the businesses?

Have a Sweet Saturday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:11 AM

Stephanie:
I need to do that frig/freezer thing myself. Cabinets too. I was searching for a hot drink mix today and found some cappucino. Made myself a nice hot cup, thought it didn't taste that great. I checked the date on it and it said 2002. Ick! Really? Sure doesn't seem that long ago that I bought it.  
 I need to do this, too, I'm sure.  Although my daughter is REALLY good at keeping the fridge clean.  Every time she shops it's like anything that was in there already goes.  We have a canned food drive that the mailmen do once a year and that's how we keep up with that.  Still, the last time I found cans that had expired.  It's a never ending story, isn't it.  It's the same with dust in the kitchen, like on top of the fridge and upper cabinets.  I guess it's time to start reading all those Fly Lady emails I've been ignoring...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:34 AM

Robin, it's good to hear they are doing the sink the right way.  With that step couldn't you just see someone falling with a glass or knife or hot pot and really doing some damage to themselves or others.  Insanity.

I do need a day of rest.  I have stress build up badly from last week.  I need to just do what I want to do today...whatever that might be.  I'll feel better after I've done my chores, so I may choose to do that first.  It's hard to relax and be creative with clutter and dirty clothes in the wings.

It's supposed to get really cold for 1 night tomorrow.  By really cold I mean below freezing.  For me that means bringing in my orchids, so Monday will find the house looking like a jungle.  I sort of like it for a day or 2.  More than that and the little critters start coming out.  The fur babies love it, but they are alone in that sentiment.  Tree frogs like to live in them.  It's a trip watching 2 dogs and 2 cats trying to catch something that jumps and sticks to the walls & windows.  I have to intervene because I can't stand to watch the torment, so you can imagine what that looks like, lol.  Nate will enjoy it, I'm sure.

Nate & Audra got me a little red tea rose bush for Valentines and also all the extra Valentine cards he had left over after his classmates'.  He was extra special lovey, as well.  He doesn't like to hug that much, but he made up for it on Valentines.  He loves to give, as most children do.  I find it amazing that you can change a child's demeanor just by giving them the opportunity to be a blessing.  God is good.  He told me all about his class' Valentine's party with excitement and shared his goody bag with me.  He's such a delight.

Anyways, I hope all of you have a very Sweet Saturday, too.  I have a 50% off 1 item coupon for Michael's, so I'm going to fit a trip there in somewhere along the way.  A little retail therapy will go a long way to help me bust my stress log jam, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:38 PM

Linny,

I think a little retail therapy is in order.

Don't you hate it when work is so stressful that it spills over into your personal life.   Right now I am wound about as tight as I get.  The kids are moving so slowly at finishing things up.   I don't think they realize that the pressure they feel from their one project is multiplied by all their projects on me.   Then add just the organization it takes to get me ready,  extra lesson plans,  laying things out so no one can screw it up and the kids get what they need while I am gone. 

I just told Donn if they weren't so darn cute and busy being so productive I'd get really aggravated with them.  But they are cute and very productive so I'll just keep on working.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 2:05 PM

Robin,

I'm glad they solved the sink issue. I was really surprised that the plumber would have let you build a platform because he didn't want to do a deeper drain. I'll have to remember that if I ever do any creative sinks around here.

Linny,

Hope you're taking your day of rest. Thanks for the update on the weather dipping tomorrow. That's going to make my outside work fun this week. I'm washing the sweatshirts in prep for it.

Bless little Nate for being so special. He's so sweet to share his hugs and valentines.

Enjoy your trip to Michaels. I could stand a little retail therapy myself. The new tires and fuel filter we put on the truck yesterday will do for now.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:49 PM

Robin:
I just told Donn if they weren't so darn cute and busy being so productive I'd get really aggravated with them.  But they are cute and very productive so I'll just keep on working.
 You are an invaluable influence on their adult life.  What would life for them be if there weren't a Robin in their lives?  Keep the faith, dear.  It's all worth it in the long run.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:54 PM

Stephanie:

Hope you're taking your day of rest. Thanks for the update on the weather dipping tomorrow. That's going to make my outside work fun this week. I'm washing the sweatshirts in prep for it.

Bless little Nate for being so special. He's so sweet to share his hugs and valentines.

Enjoy your trip to Michaels. I could stand a little retail therapy myself. The new tires and fuel filter we put on the truck yesterday will do for now.  

Yes, sweatshirt weather...after the wind calms down, anyways.  I have my heater on for the first time this winter.  

I never did go to Michael's.  I got into making scissor fobs and earrings, too.  I forgot to mention that Barb, Karen and I are going to sell our crafts by having a garage sale.  This push in beading came about when Barb reminded me that our garage sale is next weekend.  I had to get more stuff to sell.  Furiously beading was my day, lol.  Nice to focus on something and not get interrupted 16 times per hour.  I made hay while the sun was shining.  

I was so into it I forgot to check in on you all.  Hope everyone had a really nice day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:41 AM

Linny t:
I made hay while the sun was shining.

Good for you Linny! That's exciting, and I hope all of you do well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:50 AM

Good Morning to the Sweetest Women in the World,

Big day for the world,  lots of choices:

My Way Day (wonder if McDonald's knows)

National Champion Crab Race Day (whereabout's unknown)

Random Acts of Kindness Day

Yesterday was productive and relaxing.   Although we ran all over Valdosta collecting up the materials we needed to home, displays and such we also enjoyed some family time.  We just enjoyed being together and getting things done.    Keeley reminded us that Laurie's Birthday was next week and help me pick out a gift for her.  We also had dinner out,  Laurie and her fellow came up and join us.  Afterwards the kids went to a movie and the old man and I came home.   Then I had that hot bath and reading a book day.  Something I have done in ages followed.by a good nights sleep.   Overall a very productive day.  However, no laundry was managed or kitchen cleaned or any of about a thousand normal routine jobs done.   But sometimes you need to skip the routine to appreciate the routine. 

I also started cutting out my first Country Cottage block, hoping to have it ready to go to state with me.   I always take a hand project for sitting and waiting as well as riding.  So I'm watching a lot of videos and take things step by step.

Linny,  I hope you didn't get too cold last night.   It's almost 7:00 and it's 27 degrees here.   Good luck with your beading.   I hope you have a successful sale.

Stephanie,  I had to grin at the washing sweatshirts to wear for a day of outdoor work.  I've been in mine since September.   My crazy Angel Trumpet started blooming last week.  So no telling what will happen to it after this freeze.

I hope everyone else had a productive Saturday.  And will have a Sunny Sunday.  If you gave up something for Lent enjoy your day.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:50 AM

I'd like to give up being sick for Lent. Does that count?

I am feeling better everyday. But still sick and not enough energy to go out of the house and do anything productive. DH was not feeling well yesterday morning, but seemed to have bounced back in the afternoon. I hope he does not get sick too. We'll see how he feels when he wakes up this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:13 AM

Lillie:

I'd like to give up being sick for Lent. Does that count?

I am feeling better everyday. But still sick and not enough energy to go out of the house and do anything productive. DH was not feeling well yesterday morning, but seemed to have bounced back in the afternoon. I hope he does not get sick too. We'll see how he feels when he wakes up this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Sorry to hear that your still sick.    I hope your DH is fine this morning.  Take care of yourself.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:23 AM

Robin,

Have to say after reading about your day yesterday, it sounds like the best kind. I think I did enough laundry and chores here for the both of us. LOL

I've got amarylis and an orchid starting to bloom. Fortunately we didn't get cold enough for a frost. Last night anyways. It's been a really mild winter this year. Had to laugh. Winter! LOL.

.That's pretty exciting to hear you are on your way to starting the Country Cottages blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:26 AM

Lillie,

I too am sorry that having the flu has dragged on. We've had it too. Fortunately it didn't sink in near as bad as what you got it. Hope you get to feeling better and that your Hubby doesn't let it sink in too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:54 AM

Hi again Everyone,

I've suddenly realized that no one got the mail yesterday.  Ran out and sure enough my block was back home.   I've spent the last 1/2 hour drinking coffee, admiring my block and all the wonderful work each of you did.  I can't say thank you enough.   I also will treasure the words you wrote in my journal forever.   Thank you so much.

Robin

Page 349 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev347348349350351Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use