rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:05 PM

Darlene,

I'm sorry to hear the news that Tim's tumor is continuing to grow and that his biopsy was considered a failure. I will pray for him in hopes that he regains his strength and that the tumor is benign.

Thank you for the Ash Wednesday inspiration and reminder. Beautifull said. Hope you enjoyed the service with Kyle.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 5:26 AM

Good Morning Everyone, 

I hope and pray that you are off to a good start and that your day will be a bright one.   It's clear here in my little corner of the world but it is suppose to rain all day.

Of course today is Valentine's Day,  but if that's not your cup of tea then you can have Ride a Ferris Wheel Day or Organ Donor Day.

Linny--- I am amazed by how strong your are.  You continue to work in such a trying environment and yet remain such a positive spirit.   I appreciate the wisdom you have brought to my world.   Your comment yesterday made be truly appreciate my job in an entirely different light.

Stephanie-- I think your name fits you perfectly.   And thanks for the lovely comment about my name.

Lillie--- I love your name.   Both the name and the spelling.  You would have fit right in this family since we love names with six letters and end in the e sound.  Our daughters are named, Laurie and Keeley.

Darlene--- How neat that you have friends from high school still today.  My buds from high school and I separated over differences.  One of them and I have renewed our friendship to a point.   Her daughter is one of my favorite students and I deeply regret the years that we lost.   The one that I had the difference of opinion with I taught her son some years ago and we were polite and all with each other, but nothing much more than I am with any parent.  I just chalk it up to that's just the turn that life takes.   

I'm sorry that Tim's news was not better yesterday.   I am sure it is discouraging to realize that you are still a ways from being finished with all of this.  I will of course continue to pray for all of you.  It was so lovely to hear that you and Kyle were going to Ash Wednesday services together.   Hoping that it was an encouraging service for you both.  

Today is Lab Cleaning Day for two of my classes.  They will be pulling things out of cabinets and scrubbing things clean.   It ought to be an interesting experience for them all.   Yesterday,  I was informed that "the sink"  will have to be raised up about 5" to install it with the proper drainage.  Which means.  it will have to have a platform in front of it for the kids to be able to reach in it.  Thus we will be creating a safety hazard.  Which is what the other sink was suppose to keep up from doing.  UGH!!!   I told them whatever they thought was best.   The best part is that they came in to discuss all of this and measure and what not while I was doing a demonstration for the culinary class.  Got to love it!   

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and that there are no sink issues in your future.  :)

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 347
Points 9,470

I posted this yesterday....I thought, but I haven't seen it.

Re: Names......I have always liked the name Jo, especially after I read the book "Little Women". I always identivied with Jo in that book. My mother named me Jo after a cousin of mine that was named Josephine. I don't know where she got Norma. When I tell someone my first name is Norma, they always say, "Norma Jean" ? That was the name that went with Norma during the time I was born. Marilyn Monroe's name was Norma Jean. It seems like so many people down here (in Wv) are called by their middle name. Especially women...the men just have nicknames that don't even go with their names.  One day we were at Walmart's waiting on an Rx and there were two other women from our church and when they called our names we didn't know the other ones names because we all went by our middle name. There are two grown twins down here that are named Julie and Julia. I think that is too close to the same.

I have enjoyed all the stories about names, also.

I am so sorry to hear about Tim's biopsy, Darlene. I have found that women doctors and/or nurse practioniers spend more time with you and are more thorough than men doctors.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:22 AM

Darlene:

My middle name is Kae spelled this way because my father wanted all my names to end in E.  That worked until I married.  The different spelling has caused some challenges over the years.  My mom struggles with the spelling of my first name.  She frequently spells it Darleen or Darlean. And the fact that there is no Y in my middle name has been hard for her as well.   I joke with her when she does this because she was part of the naming process.

I have never thought about changing my name.  When I was growing up there were few Darlenes and it made life rather easy.  If someone called my name, I could be relatively sure they were speaking to me.

In high school there was a group of 4 of us who were almost inseperable.  We were together all the time.  Our names were Darlene, Diane, Debbie and Judy.  Not sure how Judy got in the group but she was the odd one out name wise.  We all answered to anything which started with a D because everyone mixed us up.  Funny that almost 40 years later, we are still close friends and see each other at least twice a year even though Judy lives in NC.

Darlene,

That is so interesting. My BFF growing up was Darlene Kay Luedtke (Lud-key), now Turner. We were lost from each other for many, many years. Luckily, she was very persistent in finding me and we reconnected about 15 years ago. I have wonderful memories of our time together, though we did get into a lot of trouble together. We can blame that on sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:25 AM

Darlene,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim. It is so wonderful that Kyle attends services with you. So many young ones these days have given up on our Lord and savior. Nice to hear there is one who listens.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:38 AM

Darlene, I'm sorry to hear the saga is continuing like this.  I'm just curious what ever came of the "leak".  Was that caused by the failed biopsy and did it heal itself?  I do hope it is of the benign type and Tim continues to regain his strength so that he is able to return to work in September.  You poor dear.  It just goes on and on, doesn't it?  God's got you.  You will all continue to be in my prayers.

Nice that you and Kyle went to Ash Wednesday service...and that you get such a revelation of Jesus on this day.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:43 AM

Stephanie:
Linny, I love the nickname, and beautiful is what you are. Inside and out.
 I love that "crowned one" is the meaning of yours.  Makes me think of an elegant, compassionate queen.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:48 AM

Darlene, how cool that you are still friends with your school days girlfriends.  I lost track of mine when we moved to Florida.  I tried to find them on Facebook once, but no luck.

I liked reading about your relationship with your dad and the circumstances around your birth.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:55 AM

Robin:
Linny--- I am amazed by how strong your are.  You continue to work in such a trying environment and yet remain such a positive spirit.   I appreciate the wisdom you have brought to my world.   Your comment yesterday made be truly appreciate my job in an entirely different light.
 What a beautiful thing to say.  Thank you, Robin

Robin:
Of course today is Valentine's Day,  but if that's not your cup of tea then you can have Ride a Ferris Wheel Day or Organ Donor Day.
.  Ooooh, tough choice....hmmm.  Think I'll stick with Happy Valentine's Day, lol.  Hope someone treats you especially nice today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:56 AM

Robin:
Today is Lab Cleaning Day for two of my classes.  They will be pulling things out of cabinets and scrubbing things clean.   It ought to be an interesting experience for them all.   Yesterday,  I was informed that "the sink"  will have to be raised up about 5" to install it with the proper drainage.  Which means.  it will have to have a platform in front of it for the kids to be able to reach in it.  Thus we will be creating a safety hazard.  Which is what the other sink was suppose to keep up from doing.  UGH!!!   I told them whatever they thought was best.   The best part is that they came in to discuss all of this and measure and what not while I was doing a demonstration for the culinary class.  Got to love it!   
 I remember when you first started talking about the sink.  Hard to believe that it ended up with this.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:58 AM

Lillie:
That is so interesting. My BFF growing up was Darlene Kay Luedtke (Lud-key), now Turner. We were lost from each other for many, many years. Luckily, she was very persistent in finding me and we reconnected about 15 years ago. I have wonderful memories of our time together, though we did get into a lot of trouble together. We can blame that on sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.  lol
 How cool that she sought you out, Lillie.  Do you live close to one another?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:12 AM

normajo1030:
Re: Names......I have always liked the name Jo, especially after I read the book "Little Women". I always identivied with Jo in that book.

I love that you identify with Jo from Little Women..such a strong, independent thinking woman.  I recently saw the movie and now I will forever think of her in terms of Winona Ryder.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:28 AM

Diane, if you're lurking, Happy Valentine's day....hope you post about your name and thoughts on names.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:27 AM

Good Morning One and all,

It is National Gum Drop day or Single Awareness Day.

I got the lab cleaned yesterday.  At least as well as teenagers clean.   It looked a lot better.   Even the custody comment on how much cleaner it looked after she hauled out all of the trash.   Unfortunately for her I cleaned out the freezer as well.   It was long overdue.  

I hope you all are off to a great start on this Fabulous Friday.   Yipeeee the weekend is coming.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:42 AM

I like Gum Drops, Robin.  I am also single and very aware of it, lol (is that the kind of single they meant?).  I am very happy to celebrate this Fabulous Friday, too.  TGIF!!  Hope you enjoy your nice, clean lab and the kids appreciate it, too.

Hope you have a really great day today.

Linny T

Page 348 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev346347348349350Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use