rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:54 AM

Robin:
Ok it's National Cream Cheese Brownie Day.  So who's house are with all gathering at for brownies, because this is definitely a girlfriend kind of holiday.
 Oh, yes!  You can all come to my house.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it.  Getting together with quilting sisters and eating Cream Cheese Brownies?

Robin, in reading your post it was so apparent t me  that you are truly a very wise person.  I love it when you sound like Dear Abbey.  

Krista and I try to do devotions together once a week.  Sometimes life takes over and we miss it, but we always talk.  She has a devotional she's found that was written in the late 1800's that she reads from.  She also calls me during the week to discuss her latest assignment or paper. Those talks are like a devotion for me, too, sometimes.  

Hobby Lobby sounds a lot like Michael's with the sales.  I was to that Hobby Lobby up there in GA that you go to.  Barb and I went on the way home from NC.  It's huge and they have so much more, there is no comparison to Michael's.  I can hardly wait till they open.  Michael's will have someone to compete with finally.  Hopefully that will bring prices down.

Today Barb and I are going to Home Depot to get yard stuff.  Her association is pressuring her to spruce up her front planting bed, so she's going to get plants and mulch.  I am going to get a few annuals for my front walkway.  It should be fun.  Speaking of which, I need to get off here and get ready.  Mercy, where did the time go this morning?    

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:41 PM

Robin:
First,  I did blow off all the work I should have done and go to Hobby Lobby.  They had beads on sell for 50% off this week and I always try to fulfill my beading needs on these days. 

Good for you! You just can't have too many beads! I tried applique with the wildflower blocks, and I love it! Just need to make better use of my down time so I can do more. Let us know how it goes.

Robin:
Are you or Linny going to the sewing expo in Lakeland?   I wanted to go but my school schedule me to go to a conference in Tampa the following week and I just can't miss that much school and the kids get anything done. 

Sandy and I are making the trip up again this year. We had such a great time last year. Ton's of vendors!!!

Robin:
I hope you had a good Saturday.  Did you have to work or were you off? 

I was off. Had a great day. Off today too, and I finished up your block. Let me know if you want me to post my pic's in the site Show and Tell Gallery. or if you'd like to post your own with your own captions. I put my block that you ladies finished in there today.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:43 PM

Linny t:

Today Barb and I are going to Home Depot to get yard stuff.  Her association is pressuring her to spruce up her front planting bed, so she's going to get plants and mulch.  I am going to get a few annuals for my front walkway.  It should be fun.  Speaking of which, I need to get off here and get ready.  Mercy, where did the time go this morning?    

Hope you two are having a great time!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:28 PM

Lillie:

WOW Robin, you did have a good day on Sat. and you found all of your items on sale.

What kind of applique are you going to pursue?

One of my quilting groups decided our 2013 group project is a block swap. Has to be Christmas colors, but the blocks don't necessarily have to be a Christmas pattern. Just a pattern that gives the feel of Christmas. Everyone can pick their own pattern and all 12 blocks must use the same pattern and use a "focus fabric" in all blocks. I really don't like the focus fabric that was selected. It's wasn't a cheap fabric, but it frays easily. Very disappointing. Here is the pattern I have selected.

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/christmas-glitter-quilt-pattern-4464-18/36631

I did a test block yesterday to see how I wanted to hand embroider everything. I'm only doing up to the red border. And our blocks have to be 12-1/2 inches square.  It was good that I did a test block because now I know what to fix and what to change. I'm using the focus fabric for some of the leaves. Decided to use a chain stitch around all of the leaves because of the focus fabric fraying. Also decided not to use very much of it for the leaves. I'd like to get a green/brown floss for the stems too.

That's a really pretty block.  Hope you post a pic when you finish it.  Should be tons of fun doing this one.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:36 PM

Well, we did have a good time.  I was at her house at around 10:30.  She had been online and found coupons for JoAnn's and Michael's, so we had to go there, too, of course.  Then we had Chinese for lunch and finally made it to Home Depot.  Long day.  Good to see her with energy again.  I just love to watch her in a craft store, lol.

I posted Diane's block in the thread and now I'll put it in media.  That's a good idea for us to post our finished blocks in Show and Tell with our own comments, Stephanie.  I'm going to do that, too.

Hope everyone had a delightful Sunday. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:21 AM

Well Good Morning world,

I hope all of you are up and at it.  

You have several choices for what you want to celebrate today.

National days are:

Don't Cry Over Spill Milk Day

Make a Friend Day

Peppermint Patty Day

Got to say I'm all in for Peppermint Patty Day and given the opportunity I will happily make a new friend.  

Yesterday was all about grading,  although I did manage to squish in some laundry, cooking dinner and church.   Not a very productive day in the sense of quilting.  Hopefully,  that will all change by next weekend.

I think I am primarily going to try needle turn applique.  Although I know that because of some of the curves in the project I've selected I might have to do some with the freezer paper to get the curve right.  I've chosen to try last year's BOM from The Shabby Fabrics.

http://shabbyfabrics.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

My main concern it the little edging at the roof line.   I hope I can do it.  But if not I figure I could substitute a piece of rick rac for it.   They just started a heart pattern that looks really cool and I'm going to download each month but my mom loves houses so I thought this might be a neat project for her.   The quilt I gave her a Christmas a go she put on her bed but it's really not bed sizes.   Plus with all the riding I'm fixing to be doing to state and workshops I need a car project.  Laurie's Grandma's Flower has gotten to big for that. 

Stephanie,

I absolutely love the work you did on my block.  I posted you specific comments in the other section.   You can post the pictures in the media,  so you can highlight all the little details because I was so overwhelmed when I looked at I'm sure I missed some.  There was just so much to look at.   

Linny,

Wow great job on Diane's Block,   I am so glad you and Barb had such a good day.  I really don't like home owner's associations.   I mean they can do a lot of good but they can also be stinkers.   My mom use to be in one and one couple got where they were such stinkers about such little details I think they are part of the reason my mom moved.    I mean if you don't like the way someone's flower bed looks then don't look, especially when someone is going through a rough time, or better yet rally the neighborhood to treat that person to a curb appeal weekend and go over and tidy things a bit add some annuals and get happy.   Barb is a better woman than I am because them nagging me might have moved that item further down the list even if I agreed it needed doing.   

Michael's has not changed a lot of their business practices since Hobby Lobby has come to town.  I'm actually not sure that they haven't gotten a little worst.  The store in Valdosta is so junky we don't go there much.  It doesn't carry alot that I need or want.  So I don't got there unless I can't find it at Hobby Lobby.  They're store is so small they just can't carry all the stuff that Hobby Lobby carries.

Lillie,

Sounds like you were feeling a little better today.  Take it easy so you don't have a relapse.

Diane,

I hope you had a good day.   Church for me was short since I only when to the 8:30 service.  I really want to get back to my Sunday School class but so many on my Sundays get clogged with stuff I need to get done for Monday that I am afraid to make a commitment to that right now.

Darlene,

Hoping Tim and Gracie are having a bonding day and maybe you can have a little play time.

Well, it's off to the salt mines for the day.  Got to go get Hubby up.  Fortunately it's the odd day so I get a planning period.   Thinking time today.

Happy Magnificent Monday

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:03 PM

Robin:
I think I am primarily going to try needle turn applique.  Although I know that because of some of the curves in the project I've selected I might have to do some with the freezer paper to get the curve right.  I've chosen to try last year's BOM from The Shabby Fabrics.

Robin:

http://shabbyfabrics.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

My main concern it the little edging at the roof line.   I hope I can do it.  But if not I figure I could substitute a piece of rick rac for it.   They just started a heart pattern that looks really cool and I'm going to download each month but my mom loves houses so I thought this might be a neat project for her.   The quilt I gave her a Christmas a go she put on her bed but it's really not bed sizes.   Plus with all the riding I'm fixing to be doing to state and workshops I need a car project.  Laurie's Grandma's Flower has gotten to big for that. 

Such a cute quilt!  You could just use that wide rick rack for that edging at the roof line if you didn't want to fight with those curves, although I bet you could handle them.  Rick rack would add interest and texture, I bet.

Robin:
I really don't like home owner's associations.   I mean they can do a lot of good but they can also be stinkers.   My mom use to be in one and one couple got where they were such stinkers about such little details I think they are part of the reason my mom moved.    I mean if you don't like the way someone's flower bed looks then don't look, especially when someone is going through a rough time, or better yet rally the neighborhood to treat that person to a curb appeal weekend and go over and tidy things a bit add some annuals and get happy.   Barb is a better woman than I am because them nagging me might have moved that item further down the list even if I agreed it needed doing.

The lady who's the town crier there is such a PIA.  She writes these letters knowing Barb has had her back against the wall.  The first bit of sympathy came yesterday when she said, "Well maybe I'll come by and spray weed killer, but you'll have to get the dead stuff out."  Nice, huh?  Besides, what's in there is mostly dead anyways.  It's not all that bad, just not fresh and weeded.  Her association will fine her if she doesn't comply within a certain time period.  I like the idea of a curb appeal weekend.  Actually, I'll be over there next weekend to wield the shovel for the planting.  It'll be fun.  She got some small shrubs and some really pretty dark green/purple ground cover along with a focus plant.  It'll look nice and be low maintenance for her.

Hope you had a good day at the salt mines and have a Magnificent Monday with a Peppermint Patty.  Hope you make a friend today...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:07 PM

Robin,

I belong to this group, http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/applique/forum/p/39184/505284.aspx#505284  and they are getting ready to start the country cottages in March. Perhaps that's a good place for you to start.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:23 PM

Lillie,

Your Christmas project pattern is really cute. It will look wonderful with the hand stitching.

Are you feeling better?

Thank you for the lovely compliments in the other post. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:33 PM

Robin:
I've chosen to try last year's BOM from The Shabby Fabrics

Robin,

I think this is the same one the applique group that Lillie mentioned. It's adorable! I don't see why you couldn't use ric rac for the  roofline.

Robin:
I absolutely love the work you did on my block.  I posted you specific comments in the other section.   You can post the pictures in the media,  so you can highlight all the little details because I was so overwhelmed when I looked at I'm sure I missed some.  There was just so much to look at. 

Thank you Robin. So happy that you like it. I will post it in Show and Tell Gallery for you tomorrow. I will also have it in the mail tomorrow. I would have today, but didn't want to leave it without me being here. Glad I didn't, we didn't get any mail today or Saturday.  

So funny, today at lunch I saw peppermint patties by the register and almost nabbed one. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:41 PM

Linny t:
The lady who's the town crier there is such a PIA.  She writes these letters knowing Barb has had her back against the wall.  The first bit of sympathy came yesterday when she said, "Well maybe I'll come by and spray weed killer, but you'll have to get the dead stuff out."  Nice, huh?  Besides, what's in there is mostly dead anyways.  It's not all that bad, just not fresh and weeded.  Her association will fine her if she doesn't comply within a certain time period.  I like the idea of a curb appeal weekend.  Actually, I'll be over there next weekend to wield the shovel for the planting.  It'll be fun.  She got some small shrubs and some really pretty dark green/purple ground cover along with a focus plant.  It'll look nice and be low maintenance for her.

I could never live in a place like that. Those type of people are in every community. I'd sure like to know what they do with those fines! They should use some of them to help people with special circumstances like Barb. I won't go on, or I might get ugly. LOL. I don't want to take a chance on catching that lady's Bad Karma.

You two will make it beautiful with new shrubs and the ground cover. What did she buy for a focus plant?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:56 PM

Today was long for me. I worked outside all day. The weather was nice, around 80 but we were in full sun for most of it . Mike was cramping. He was ooohing and ouching all the way home. I think he needed some potassium. He has to take a diuretic and that depletes potassium. We stopped and bought a healthy drink high in vitamins and potassium.

Looking so forward to having tomorrow off. Every work day is crazy lately. So much going on that I find myself just having to think of where I am and what I am doing in that moment lest I be overwhelmed and want to go lay down. It wouldn't be good to go lay down in someones front yard. LOL. There might be fireants.

Mike had to run over to my younger brothers house to borrow an extension cord. Someone stole ours from the job over the weekend. Anyway when he came back my brother had sent me a gift. He said he bought it for me about 5 years ago. It was an angel watch. Raphael's angels I think and it had a bookmark with a sweet angel prayer. Don't you just love spontaneous things like that?

I'm sure it will be an early nighty, night for me. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 6:59 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie,

Are you feeling better?

DH took me back to the docs this afternoon. Doc says I don't have pneumonia, but definitely have something going on in my lungs different than last week. He gave me antibiotics and script cough meds. DH is out getting them filled as I write.  I hope these do the trick. I'll keep you posted.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:25 AM

Lillie:
Doc says I don't have pneumonia, but definitely have something going on in my lungs different than last week. He gave me antibiotics and script cough meds. DH is out getting them filled as I write.  I hope these do the trick. I'll keep you posted.

That sounds like some serious stuff. I'm so sorry you have been so sick. Take care of yourself, and I hope the antibiotics and cough medicine help you feel better soon.    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:51 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

It's Tuesday hooray!  I always love extra long days don't you.

Well it's Fat Tuesday for those who celebrate Lent, which will start tomorrow with Ash Wednesday.

According to the Hallmark Calendar today is   International Darwin Day,  Lincoln's Birthday and Lost Penny Day.

Today will be a regular school day in my room.

Linny,

You have have the right attitude about Barbs situation.  Just do and then maybe she will be able to live in peace.  The lady with the weed killer is making her own poison. 

Stephanie,

How sweet your brother thinks of you in such sweet ways.   Enjoy your day off.

Diane and Lillie,   Stay well.   I hope you two ladies have a bright and Sunny day where you are.   Rain is expect here in the next 24.

Darlene and Jo,  Hope you are both doing well. 

Time to go way up the hubby and get him moving.   He is suffering so bad right now with all the aches and pains in his joints.   He has a lower curve spine and was told as a child to get a desk job add that to his excessive weight and he is a walking stump almost.   Not to mention a family history of arthritis  a mile long.   I've tried to get him to go see a doctor but am having no luck. 

Wishing you all the best Fat Tuesday ever.  

Robin

Page 346 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev344345346347348Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use