rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:30 PM

Linny t:
We have the best talks about God...the kind where you go away from it with a soft and humbled heart.  She is studying for a Masters in Psychology and Christian Counseling.  She loves it that this is what it says on her Bachelors Degree...yes she's still a little high about getting it.

Linny,

I think this is wonderful! How sprirt lifting that you can share talks of God. She deserves to be on a High for getting her Bachelors Degree.

When are you going to post pic's of Diane's block?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:58 PM

Stephanie:
When are you going to post pic's of Diane's block?
 Probably tomorrow sometime.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:31 PM

I think it's a great idea to get a glow-in-the-dark collar for Gracie. And the night lights might help as well. But in all honesty, she needs to learn to get out of the way. There have been many times when I stepped on one of my cats. The particularly didn't like it when I stepped on their tails. They got over it and learned not to stop right in front of me.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:33 PM

I did try a hot shower yesterday. But did not notice any improvement. My DH asked what he could do for me this morning and I motioned a bullet in the forehead. He didn't think that was very funny. IDK Y...lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:35 PM

WalMart is building another store here in Fort Collins. It's not going to be your typical WalMart or WalMart super store. Something about WalMart Marketplace. I'm not sure what that is and haven't found anything about it online either. I'll let you know when it's completed and open for business.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:37 PM

Diane-

Did you post a pic of my finished block before it went out in the mail yesterday?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:07 PM

He are the pics again Lillie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:32 PM

We didn't get any snow here Linny.  We got a little wind and rain last night.  It must be nice to be able to work outside this time of year!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:04 PM

It is, Diane.  There's nothing nicer than Florida in the winter.  Of course we earn it all summer and fall.  Did I say fall?  What fall?  Everything stays green.  You know it's winter when some of the trees loose their leaves.  You know it's winter when you don't hear ACs running, although this winter I've run mine most weeks here and there.  It's been a warm, dry winter.

I'm glad you're not in that snowy mess, Diane.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:06 PM

Lillie:
Something about WalMart Marketplace. I'm not sure what that is and haven't found anything about it online either. I'll let you know when it's completed and open for business.
 I've never heard of a WalMart Marketplace either. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,973
Points 63,960
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:38 PM

Lillie,

Here is my recommendation for a sore throat and cold type bug.   Get in a tub of hot water, as hot as you can stand it.   Add some Epsom salts and soak, take a glass of water or orange juice to drink because the bathroom should be so warm you sweat.   When you get out, make sure you put on enough clothes that you keep the warmth in and the chill out.  This will help with the throat and some of the body ache.  But it will also probably make you very tired.  So I usually take a nap and wake up feeling better.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,973
Points 63,960
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Ok it's National Cream Cheese Brownie Day.  So who's house are with all gathering at for brownies, because this is definitely a girlfriend kind of holiday.

Where do I begin you ladies were all so busy yesterday.

First,  I did blow off all the work I should have done and go to Hobby Lobby.  They had beads on sell for 50% off this week and I always try to fulfill my beading needs on these days.   I also pick up some fabrics for my attempt at appliqueing.  Will see how I do with block one and go from there.  I also went because Donn promised me some chick fli a  if I went and I love it.  We don't have one in our small town so I have to take it when I can get it.   Besides it's about the only alone time we get.   My girls are not constantly running right now so they are here.   When we got home I just played with a table runner I'm starting for my sister in law for Christmas.  Then I played with my last block on the crazy quilt BOM.    It's a beach because May was the first month we went to the beach.   The girls and I love it.  Donn not a fan, he's real pale skin.   So no sun.  He wears glasses so not a big fan of wind blowing sand,  all that leaves is saltwater and he can't really swim all that well.

Linny,

I think it is so neat that your daughter and you have devotions together.   Is this a once a week thing?    I love the story you shared about your daughter.  I'll have to remember it for when my daughters are giving me that "I know what I'm doing"  answer. 

You are going to love Hobby Lobby!   It is awesome.   There are things they don't have but man what they do have.  They run regular specials on things.  Like the beads are on sell at 50% off at least once a month. So like the beads I bought yesterday was 3.99 regularly and I got them for 2.   Ribbon and trims on the little rolls are on sell every other week.  They're fabric compares in price to about what a quilt shop charges but is always 30% off.   Also before you go, go to their website and print off the 40% coupon for the week.   It's good on anything that isn't on sell.  They don't carry alot of dyes.  And I haven't tried the ones they do carry, so I can't tell you alot on that.  They do have DMC but it appears they may be in the process of switching to anchor.

Stephanie,

I hope you had a good Saturday.  Did you have to work or were you off?  Are you or Linny going to the sewing expo in Lakeland?   I wanted to go but my school schedule me to go to a conference in Tampa the following week and I just can't miss that much school and the kids get anything done.   And it's time for them to be in the kitchens and they have worked so hard to do that I need to be their for them to do that.

Diane,

I think you have your plate full right now with seeking dragon eggs, and taking care of the children at the church.   You talk about me being busy.  I envy you and your many activities.   I think you are a marvel.  

Lillie, 

I hope that you are feeling better this morning.  Don't over due it.  From what I hear this bug is a nasty little bugger that simply requires rest.  Time for a good book or a bunch of old movie, juice and naps.   Trust me that back splash isn't going anywhere.

Darlene,

I think night lights sound like a good idea not just for Gracie but for anything that might be in Tim's way.   I bet you can get some at the dollar store.  I know Dollar Tree down here carries them and some touch lights for a dollar each.    Gracie sounds so cute.  I remember when my Gracie was a kitten and she would scamper around and get into things.   Be careful with the blinds not just the cords but we had one get they're paw entangle part between the two slats.  She got one of the toes wrapped in it and I thought the little thing was going to tear it off trying to get free.   It took two of us to free her.  One to hold her, you imagine how much fun that was and one to unwrap the toe.  

Kyle is not in the minority.  As a teacher I see so many kids who are so disillusioned about their future.  Either they put all their eggs in one basket or they put them in a basket they are no where near qualified for.   I try to encourage kids to always have a back up plan, but so many don't think this gray hair old woman knows what she is talking about.  Then  I actually have kids who think they are going to be an lawyer or doctor can't pass Algebra.   They plan to leave high school and go straight to Florida State or Florida were the Freshman GPA is 3.95 to over a 4.0, and they barely have the 2.0 required for graduation.    

Has Kyle consider looking into a private pilots license?   Or applying for a job with the local airport?   It might help him discover what else he might be interested in.   Also if he might want to see if there is any programs in your area that would help him analyze his interest.   In our town it's called Workforce Development.   I would think with his school background and scouting experience they would not have any problem placing him.  Also maybe a scouting camp might have need for him during the summer.   I can only imagine what a great influence that would have on him,  kinda return him to a point before all of this happened.   You might even get his old scout master or band teacher to make some of these suggestions.   Sometimes when they come from someone other than Mom we hear them. 

Sorry to sound like such a Dear Abby, but I just got thinking about him and my heart goes out to him.   There is nothing more heart wrenching to me than to watch a young person struggle with what next.    They all do it unfortunately.   But it is particularly hard when the challenge comes so early in their adult life. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:10 AM

Thank you Diane for posting the pics of my block. I remember I did see these. Sorry about that, Diane. My goodness, it's just so beautiful. I can't wait to get it home.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:13 AM

Robin:

Lillie,

Here is my recommendation for a sore throat and cold type bug.   Get in a tub of hot water, as hot as you can stand it.   Add some Epsom salts and soak, take a glass of water or orange juice to drink because the bathroom should be so warm you sweat.   When you get out, make sure you put on enough clothes that you keep the warmth in and the chill out.  This will help with the throat and some of the body ache.  But it will also probably make you very tired.  So I usually take a nap and wake up feeling better.

Robin

Thank you for the advice Robin. I think I'll try that later on today.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:33 AM

WOW Robin, you did have a good day on Sat. and you found all of your items on sale.

What kind of applique are you going to pursue?

One of my quilting groups decided our 2013 group project is a block swap. Has to be Christmas colors, but the blocks don't necessarily have to be a Christmas pattern. Just a pattern that gives the feel of Christmas. Everyone can pick their own pattern and all 12 blocks must use the same pattern and use a "focus fabric" in all blocks. I really don't like the focus fabric that was selected. It's wasn't a cheap fabric, but it frays easily. Very disappointing. Here is the pattern I have selected.

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/christmas-glitter-quilt-pattern-4464-18/36631

I did a test block yesterday to see how I wanted to hand embroider everything. I'm only doing up to the red border. And our blocks have to be 12-1/2 inches square.  It was good that I did a test block because now I know what to fix and what to change. I'm using the focus fabric for some of the leaves. Decided to use a chain stitch around all of the leaves because of the focus fabric fraying. Also decided not to use very much of it for the leaves. I'd like to get a green/brown floss for the stems too.

northern colorado

Page 345 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev343344345346347Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use