rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Robin:

and TIm is Home   HOOOOOOORAY!

It is SOOOOOOOOO Good to have him home.  The best part was not having to go to the hospital yesterday.  This time of year I prefer to stick close to home.

I like the Read in the Bath Tub day.  I loved to read in the tub when I was younger.  Now I rarely take a bath because of the challenge to get out of the tub when I am done.  Since my knee surgeries, I have a hard time getting out of the tub so it is showers for me.

Enjoy your Saturday whatever it may bring.  I agree with Stephanie, I think I would chose going to Hobby Lobby over household chores.  The laundry will be there when you find time to give it attention.  I like to tackle something like this a little at a time.  A load or two each day and before you know it you will be caught up.

Robin:
Anyway it will be a simple day one way or another.

Good plan.  A simple day is the best. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Diane:
I don't know if I'm up to doing the sale
Diane:

Darlene--sorry to hear about Kyle.  I think your mother in law does take your good nature for granted.

It is a challenge for Kyle but it is a bump in the road.  He is hearing from people who I don't think are reliable sources that he was not the person who was supposed to be fired and that this was a wrongful termination.  He has been told that he could go to the store manager and ask for a reinstatement of employment.  I have concerns because of who is telling him this but I believe there may be some value in talking to the manager.  The store manager is someone I worked with many years ago at a different company who I believe would be fair and listen to a well postured position.  I am not sure Kyle has the confidence or experience to express himself in this manner.  I do think it would be good for him to try.  Now that he has left them, he is not sure he wants to work there again.  I have tried to tell him that if he can get his job back and use his time off to search for a different job, a paycheck in the interim would not be a bad thing.  He is not looking at from this prospective.

As far as MIL, she definitely takes advantage of me.  I have developed an attitude toward her over the years that is strange but works to give me what I need when I am with her.  It goes like this:  She is not an entirely bad person.  She raised a wonderful man who she "gave" to me almost 22 years ago to be my husband.  On our wedding day I vowed to be with Tim for better or worse.  She is the worse somedays but because I love Tim I will not hold this against him.  She is the only mother God gave to Tim and He had a reason for putting them together as mother and son.  In her own way she tries to be good to us.  It is in her ways and on her terms.  She is a lonely [though it is self inflicted loneliness] and if I can give her a little bit of my time, I will be given what I need to compensate for that time.

May sound strange but this is what I tell myself to get past my resentment when she pushes my buttons.  And please do not think I am a wonderful person for having this mindset.  I am flawed and have moments of darkness in regards to her.  I just keep those moments to myself and try to get past them as quickly as possible.

I have a book of daily readings which help me start my day.  This book is amazing because I find so many of them are just right for the day and yet it was written and published in 2010.  God knew then what I would need to read today.  He is so good.  This is a year's worth of readings which I start again with the new year and find them relevant year after year.  Each month has a different theme and of course February's theme is Love.  Today's reading was based on Colossians 3:12-13 and was entitled "The Unloveables"  Totally what I needed as a reminder for today [and every other day]

Diane:
I don't know if I'm up to doing the sale

Diane, your investment for this sale was minimal and if the stress of going is too much, you should stay home.  You have had your plate full with your health and your dragons.  Take this time for you and I hope you feel up to the next opportunity you have to sell your jewelry.

Diane:

Bless you all for being there for me.

Thank you Diane for being there for me as well.  God's Blessings on your day.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
I remember how Kyle was so looking forward to being in the Air Force.  I just wish that dream had come true for him

Linny, your memory is so good.  The Air Force was all that boy ever wanted and when that was taken away it was the end of his dreams.  He is so uncertain of himself and doesn't know what the future holds for him.  Of course none of us truly know what the future holds for us.  I just continue to pray for him.  God has a plan and I trust that it is wonderful.  Just holding on until it comes to light.

Linny t:
 She must be in total denial on several counts.  Isn't there anyone else who could help her?
Linny t:
Your MIL

Yes Linny she is in denial.  Unfortunately Tim's brother is in Pennsylvania and his sister is in Texas.  We are the only ones local.  She lives a very sad life.  I was prepared for her dissatisfaction when I did not bring home everything she wanted and so I just let it roll off when she vented.   Monday when the roads are clear I will try to get the things I couldn't get Thursday night.  Some of it were valid items.  Quantites not reasonable but they were things she should not be without.  She is a victim of the Great Depression and hoards things sometimes.  Like she had me buy 15 boxes of Cup a Soup.  There are 4 packages in a box.  That will be 2 months worth of lunch.  It was on sale and they won't spoil but she doesn't have room to store that many at one time.  Her apartment kitchen is tiny.  Still, if it gives her some comfort to know that she will not have to worry if I am not able to shop again next week, I guess that is a small price to pay.  She has the money and she could use it in a lot of ways that would be worse.

Linny t:

That's sweet about Gracie sleeping by Tim's feet.  I hope you enjoy being snowed in with Tim and Gracie. 

Gracie had a bad night and today she is being reclusive.  I caught her on top of the refrigerator twice last night.  Not sure what the attraction is but had to shew her down.  I also found her on top of a cart in front of the kitchen window.  I wouldn't mind this so much except she had the cord for the kitchen blinds wrapped around her neck and she could get hurt.  I am going to find a way to clip the cord up out of danger today.  She is like having a small child around.  I am opening my eyes every hour to dangers which I didn't see before she came to us. 

After the climbing episodes, I told her she needed to make friends with Tim. She tried but she got under Tim's feet when he was coming to bed and he stepped on her.  She was rubbing up against his legs which is a sign of affection she had not displayed previously but then she wouldn't come into the bedroom last night.  I am going to try to find a glow in the dark or neon collar for her to help Tim see her in poorly lit environments.  He had turned out the lights to come upstairs when he stepped on her.  I also need to invest in some night lights for downstairs to avoid total darkness. 

Today she is downstairs.  We have not ventured down yet.  She has wandered up to let us know she is alive but won't come close.  This has been a major set back in the bonding but she needs to know her boundaries. 

Guess I should think about breakfast.  Tim wants pancakes.  I only have almond milk and I am not sure how that will work but going to give it a try.  Worst case scenario, he gets pop tarts and I walk to the convenience store at the end of our street to buy milk for tomorrow.

Have  a Blessed day

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
an ice storm during the night

Linny, I also love a good ice storm.  Having lived in WNY all my live, I have lived thru 3 that come to mind.

In March of 1976 my family spent my brother's 16th birthday at the local fire hall because of an ice storm.  He and I got our picture in the paper because it was his birthday.  We were without power for 3 days that year.

In March of 1991 on my brother's birthday I was living on my own and there was an ice storm which knocked out our power for 3 or 4 days.  Not sure but it seemed like an eternity.  Tim and I were dating but his mother did not feel it would be appropriate for me to come to their home so I found a friend who lived close to my place of employment and had power.  I stayed there for the nights and went to work.  I lived 9 miles from work and the power outage did not affect where I worked.

The last ice storm was maybe the most spectacular because it is what we call the October Surprise.  In 2006 [?] we had a surprise ice storm which hit on Friday the 13th.  Woke up in the morning to so much ice our trees were bent over to the ground.  Again power outages and roads closed because of trees down but that did not affect us.  Where we lived we were fortunate enough to get our power on in a couple hours.

Linny t:
looked out and saw that the world was a glorious ice palace.  The morning sun was shining on it. and it really did look like everything had been covered in crystals...and there was a wind and it made that crackling, tinkling sound when it blew through the branches of the trees.  

You have described the beauty perfectly.  Nothing like a good ice storm to remind us of God's plan and power.  He is in control.  Each time I have lived thru one, I have been blessed to be able to take time to slow down and take stock in the magnificence.

Hope that everyone is having a spectacular Saturday and a Wonderful Weekend.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Stephanie:
only charged you $46.00 and supplied the backing, or batting?

It was the batting she supplied, I had more cat fabric for the back. 

I have sent samples and letters to every large store that I can think of; Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Ace, Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin Moore, and even sent to those little sale catalogues you get in the mail that have a little bit of everything in them.  I just can't emagine why someone hasn't shown an interest in it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:15 AM

Thanks Darlene. My eye's hurt from coughing so much. It's a really horrible cough. I'm worried I'm going to break a blood vessel in my eye. Or worse, detach my retina.

Food is always a good bribe for a young man. lol  Good thinking about backing your Jeep into the driveway. You're such a smart lady. I'm glad we're friends.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,497
Points 138,408

Lillie,

Sorry to hear you have had a set back like that. Maybe a strong gargle with salt water will help your throat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,497
Points 138,408

normajo1030:
I just can't emagine why someone hasn't shown an interest in it.

I'm sure these things take time, Jo. Hopefully they'll send you some correspondence.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:49 AM

Darlene:
The Air Force was all that boy ever wanted and when that was taken away it was the end of his dreams.  He is so uncertain of himself and doesn't know what the future holds for him.  Of course none of us truly know what the future holds for us.  I just continue to pray for him.  God has a plan and I trust that it is wonderful.  Just holding on until it comes to light.
 I wouldn't be surprised if he felt God had let him down.  Since he wanted to be a fighter pilot, he may be called to be another kind of warrior.  My daughter was one of these and she was met with terrible resistance in her young years, even to the point I will continue to pray for him, too.

Darlene:
After the climbing episodes, I told her she needed to make friends with Tim. She tried but she got under Tim's feet when he was coming to bed and he stepped on her.  She was rubbing up against his legs which is a sign of affection she had not displayed previously but then she wouldn't come into the bedroom last night.  I am going to try to find a glow in the dark or neon collar for her to help Tim see her in poorly lit environments.  He had turned out the lights to come upstairs when he stepped on her.  I also need to invest in some night lights for downstairs to avoid total darkness. 

Cats normally climb up on things.  If you can find a place where she's allowed to do that it'd be good.  Then you can train her to not jump up where you don't want her.  I have found that a spray bottle works great for discouraging behavior.  All I have to do is show it to my kitty and he jumps right down.  We have an understanding, lol.  

I have led night lights that are photo sensitive.  They were really inexpensive.  I got them at the Dollar store.  My kitty is black, so I can relate to stepping or tripping over your kitty.  Everyone just needs to get used to each other.  When my kitty has his feelings hurt he stays in the other room and meows at me.  I'm always the one who has to go make up, lol.  He waits to be invited into my space when his feelings are hurt.  He wasn't always like that.  He was a wild, pushy little kitty that wanted what he wanted - end of story.  He's always been lovable, though.  He likes to have me hold him and he wraps his head up under my chin and around my neck.  He's my bubba.

It's so good to hear you talking about Tim doing normal stuff.  What a great change!  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:06 AM

Darlene, I was so moved and uplifted by your ice storm stories.  How exciting to see God's magnificence in nature.  I see that you look back in your life and see how you were blessed throughout it all.  I think that's the key to a beautiful life.  

I hope you also have a spectacular Saturday and Wonderful Weekend, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:09 AM

Lillie:

Thanks Darlene. My eye's hurt from coughing so much. It's a really horrible cough. I'm worried I'm going to break a blood vessel in my eye. Or worse, detach my retina.

Food is always a good bribe for a young man. lol  Good thinking about backing your Jeep into the driveway. You're such a smart lady. I'm glad we're friends.

Wow, Lillie, that's something for your eyes to hurt from coughing so hard.  For as hard as it is on your eyes, imagine how hard it is on your lungs.  Mercy!  Sounds like serious bronchitis going on.  Have you tried breathing steam - like a hot shower or the boiling water and towel over the head thing?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:18 AM

Robin:

Well it's Saturday which of course means no school.  So today I will deal with the mountain of laundry that has been produced by a washing machine that was not cooperating.   I've got my papers to grade of course.  There is shopping to do and other household chores.   But I might junk some of it off if Donn decides to go to Hobby Lobby for clay today.    He teaches ceramics and mention he needed to make a clay run this weekend.  So I might tag along.  Or I might stay home a sew tough decision.

Anyway it will be a simple day one way or another.

If I had the choice of doing laundry and grading papers or going for a ride to Hobby Lobby, I'd certainly choose Hobby Lobby.  If, however, the choice was staying home alone and sewing after reading a book in the bathtub, it'd be a harder choice.  It would depend on how large that mountain was, lol.  I think your compromise with junking some of the duty and going with Don to Hobby Lobby is a good one.

There is going to be a Hobby Lobby in my town some time this year.  They have started the expansion of a local, empty store and it's going to be plenty big.  It's near my sister's house, so that is a bonus for me.  I get to see her and shop there.  As soon as I heard it was being built I said to her, "There is still hope for this town.", LOL.  

That's cool that your hubby teaches ceramics.  Your hubby is quite a creative guy.  

Simple days are good things.  We have so many complications in our work lives that Simple Saturdays are a necessity for sanity.  Hope you have a great day!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:19 AM

Lillie--sorry to hear that you are so sick.  If antibiotics don't work, I usually take Elderberry syrup and Echaenasia.  It works within 2 days.  Rest is most important.  And do you have a humidifier going?  Motrin should help too.  I hope you feel better soon!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:23 AM

Stephanie:

Pampering yourself sounds like a good idea when you feel overwhelmed with stress. Sometimes when I feel that way, I start the new day  with the attitude that "This is My Day. God gave it to me, and I can spend it anyway I want. Now, what would I like to do today?"

And Bless you right back for being there for us.

That sounds like good advice Stephanie!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:46 AM

I am going to work in the yard today.  All week I've had a hankering to get my hands dirty...spring fever a little.  It's pretty outside today.  All morning I've been doing light chores while answering the phone.  Each time it was my NY daughter, Krista.  She called 3 times, each time having to go take care of some child need, lol.  She called to tell me how much snow they got.  She says it looks like close to 2'.  They have shoveled twice already and need to go clean off the car again so it doesn't turn into ice.  Her little ones were jumping at the bit to go out and play in it.  She called back after so we could have devotions together.  We have the best talks about God...the kind where you go away from it with a soft and humbled heart.  She is studying for a Masters in Psychology and Christian Counseling.  She loves it that this is what it says on her Bachelors Degree...yes she's still a little high about getting it.  If anyone is worried that their child's life will never turn to the good, they should hear her testimony.  If you had told me that her life would be at the point it is right now ten years ago, I would have told you that you were crazy.  She is a living testimony of God's Great Grace and a true trophy of His Love!

Okay, so you can tell I've just come from a really juicy devotion, lol.  There are much worse things.

Needless to say I have missed my window to take Diane's block to the post office today, so it will go out Monday.  Sorry Diane.  It is beautiful and I'm sure you will say it was worth the waiting.  Everyone has done such a spectacular job on it.  That I didn't get to the post office today means that I can put one more touch on it that I thought I wouldn't have time for.

I don't blame you, Diane, for taking a day to slow down.  You have to care for your soul.   Life is no good if we don't.  You've been so busy lately, especially with your creatures little love afair, lol.  Fun as it is, it's still and adjustment for you in terms of time and energy.  Hope you get to make it to church tomorrow.  I can always tell how uplifted you are when you do.

Did you get the snow where you live, too?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Page 344 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev342343344345346Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use