My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:04 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. I sort of feel as if I turned the corner on this. But, I'm still going to rest and not do too much. Lest I have a horrible relapse. Happy weekend everyone. Stay safe and warm.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Darlene:

Tim came home yesterday.  Today we are being socked with the weather so glad I didn't have to go across county lines today.

And just when I posted I look up and see this! I am thrilled for you.

Darlene:
MIL had a panic attack about the weather report and I had to go out last night after bringing Tim home to get her groceries.  I would rather have stayed home with Tim but it wasn't worth listening to her so I went for her "few" things and spent almost $200 without getting everything she wanted.  They were out of stock on some of the items on her list.  She was not happy but what could I do.  Out of stock is out of stock.

Oh my goodness! Is Tim an only child? My MIL would have died before she'd have asked me to do this if Mike was coming home. Sorry, I think your MIL can be a stinker sometimes.  Maybe because when I worked for the grocery store we offered a free service to shop for homebound people and deliver. Maybe they don't do this up there?

Darlene:

Kyle is adjusting to being unemployed.  He is talking big but not doing much to improve his situation.  I just keep praying for him.

Is he talking about what he'd like to do? Does he have some dreams, or just thinking about where else to apply? Is he ok? Sorry for all the questions. I'll pray for him too... It's hard sometimes when your young to have a path. My older brother had one out of High School. His son really didn't. He went to college for a couple years, and finally was forced to find a job. He went to work for Home Depot, and loved the people. Finally he caught a break with an accounting firm. I talked to him recently. He says it's a means to an end, but he still liked working at Home Depot better. LOL. You never know.

I never had a plan. I had no clue of  what was out there to choose for a career path. No guidance, and many fears... Where do kids go when they are like I was?   

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

normajo1030:
I will ask if that ws a special price. She supplies the batting for all of the quilts she does.

Jo,

I just had a thought that she may have a Vendors license that allows her to buy her batting at wholesale. That could make a difference. I always think of what it costs us, even on sale. Even so, I think it was a very reasonable price. And I'm glad that you have someone that you can take your quilts to that don't charge you an arm and a leg to quilt them.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. I sort of feel as if I turned the corner on this. But, I'm still going to rest and not do too much. Lest I have a horrible relapse. Happy weekend everyone. Stay safe and warm.

Good to hear you are feeling a little better. Hope you do rest and continue to feel better. Happy weekend to you. Staying warm shouldn't be a problem down here, LOL. We're almost 80 degrees today.

I have to close and get some dinner. I think I may have a little writers cramp to boot. LOL  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:14 PM

Oh, good, Darlene.  Tim did make it home before that storm.  What a relief!  I was worried about you traveling all that way or Tim worrying about you being alone and stuck in it.

Your MIL, Darlene.  $200?  Really?  For a few things?  With her son just home from the hospital with that serious of a problem and she's worried about food to the point where she can't think of anyone to ask but you?  Then to complain when they don't have everything.  Unbelievable.  She must be in total denial on several counts.  Isn't there anyone else who could help her?

I remember how Kyle was so looking forward to being in the Air Force.  I just wish that dream had come true for him.  It seems like he's been having a tough time ever since that.  It's understandable, too.  If you feel called to do something and suddenly find that the rug's been pulled out from under you it's probably normal to flounder and wonder what to do next.  I pray that God shows him his intended path and he comes to know and understand that God does have a plan for him.  He's such a bright star.  He just doesn't realize what that means, yet.  He' so very young yet.

I didn't know what my plan was all my life.  I used to think there was something wrong with me because it seemed that everyone else around me knew exactly what they were going to be "when they grew up".  I always say that God didn't tell me because I'd try to do it myself, lol.  Looking back on my life I realize that even with my mistakes and blunders, I have lived the exact life He had planned for me.  God has a way of using our failures.  He's the Great Recycler, lol.  He doesn't waste a thing!

That's sweet about Gracie sleeping by Tim's feet.  I hope you enjoy being snowed in with Tim and Gracie. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:16 PM

Lillie:

Glad to hear you are feeling like you're on the mend, Lillie, and that you're taking it easy anyways.  You stay safe and warm, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:29 PM

Stephanie:
Nothing more beautiful in winter than seeing that, Is there?Well maybe in addition to the glistening ice on the tree branches. Pictures will never be able to capture the memories that our eyes keep of those. Kind of like the sparkles on our blocks. I have wonderful childhood memories too of these times.

As I read this I remembered one day I woke up and there had been an ice storm during the night.  I had a little tiny room in the attic and I'd always open the window in the winter just so I could see and smell.  That room was like having a really safe tree house.  I loved it.  I looked out and saw that the world was a glorious ice palace.  The morning sun was shining on it. and it really did look like everything had been covered in crystals...and there was a wind and it made that crackling, tinkling sound when it blew through the branches of the trees.  My gosh, I bet I was 6 or 7 years old, yet that memory is still so clear in my mind that I can even smell that smell.  

Thanks for that!

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:32 PM

normajo1030:

Linny t:
She must really like you.

That wasn't a special price for me; I think that is what she charges everyone. She has a business. The next time I see her or I may call her because it might be months before I see her; I will ask if that ws a special price. She supplies the batting for all of the quilts she does.

Wow, I thought it was a good price for supplying the backing, but the batting, too?  Like Stephanie says, she must get a good price by buying it wholesale and in bulk.  Batting has gotten so expensive over the years.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:23 PM

Hi  Everyone

I have been reading the posts.

Linny--what a wonderful memory you shared.  When we are that age, snow is magical

Normajo---I have a quilting friend who charges hundreds of dollars for machine quilting.  I would love to see it when you get it finished.

Stephanie--glad to hear you got some down time with your busy schedule.  I hope your brother feels better soon.

Robin--always enjoy reading your posts.  You are so fortunate and blessed to have a busy fulfilling life.

Lillie--glad to hear you are feeling better.

Darlene--sorry to hear about Kyle.  I think your mother in law does take your good nature for granted.

The dragons are still honeymooning and getting more used to eachother.  I'm so happy that I introduced them.  Soon I will have grandchildren!!!  You have to take them wherever you can get them!   LOL

I don't know if I'm up to doing the sale tomorrow.  I have been so stressed out  lately almost like I am a little manic.  Not getting enough sleep.  I need to pamper myself I'm afraid.  Also, I haven't worked on my jewelry since before Christmas and I want to do some different things.  So I think it will be stressful.  I'm going to church Sunday---not that is pretty stress free for me!!!

Bless you all for being there for me.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is a day that is full of choices:  Lox and Bagels day or National Read in the Bath Tub Day.   Not sure about either of these.   I'm not a big fan of Lox and when I read in the bath tub my book always gets a little wet.

However,  It does sound like a great day in the neighborhood. 

Lillie's feeling better.

Diane and Jo are very busy.

Stephanie got some much needed and much deserved rest.

and TIm is Home   HOOOOOOORAY!

Linny the sculptures you posted were awesome.  I can't imagine how time consuming they must be. 

Well it's Saturday which of course means no school.  So today I will deal with the mountain of laundry that has been produced by a washing machine that was not cooperating.   I've got my papers to grade of course.  There is shopping to do and other household chores.   But I might junk some of it off if Donn decides to go to Hobby Lobby for clay today.    He teaches ceramics and mention he needed to make a clay run this weekend.  So I might tag along.  Or I might stay home a sew tough decision.

Anyway it will be a simple day one way or another.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
As I read this I remembered one day I woke up and there had been an ice storm during the night.  I had a little tiny room in the attic and I'd always open the window in the winter just so I could see and smell.  That room was like having a really safe tree house.  I loved it.

Great memory Linny, and you shared it so well. Thanks for sharing it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

I don't know if I'm up to doing the sale tomorrow.  I have been so stressed out  lately almost like I am a little manic.  Not getting enough sleep.  I need to pamper myself I'm afraid.  Also, I haven't worked on my jewelry since before Christmas and I want to do some different things.  So I think it will be stressful.  I'm going to church Sunday---not that is pretty stress free for me!!!

Bless you all for being there for me.

Diane,

Pampering yourself sounds like a good idea when you feel overwhelmed with stress. Sometimes when I feel that way, I start the new day  with the attitude that "This is My Day. God gave it to me, and I can spend it anyway I want. Now, what would I like to do today?"

And Bless you right back for being there for us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
But I might junk some of it off if Donn decides to go to Hobby Lobby for clay today.    He teaches ceramics and mention he needed to make a clay run this weekend.  So I might tag along.  Or I might stay home a sew tough decision.

I'd junk some of that work off for a trip to Hobby Lobby or sewing any day. LOL. It'll feel like such a treat after the busy week you've had, won't it?

That's pretty cool that Don teaches ceramics. I loved taking ceramic lessons back in the day. I bet that was 25 years ago, and I still have a few things left.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:08 AM

Guess I've had a relapse. My throat feels like someone is stabbing it. My throat kept me up more than 1/2 the night. I'm just dead on my feet right now.

I love lox and bagels. Just slice the cooked salmon very thin and do the same with raw red onion. Lot's of cream cheese and toast the bagel before you spread the cream cheese on it. Yummers!

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe. For those in the Nemo snow area, hire someone to shovel it for you.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Lillie, sorry to hear about your relapse.  It will take some time.  Just lay low.

I like the bagels with the cream cheese but think I will pass on the Lox.

Your suggestion of hiring someone to shovel the snow is a great idea.  The weatherman yesterday called this "heart attack" snow.  It is so wet and heavy that it is a big deal to move it.  Kyle came over last night and shoveled twice.  Once before dinner and again before he left.  Of course it was still snowing when he left so we will need to do something today.  I backed into the driveway and the Jeep with 4 X 4 is first out of the driveway so I could go without shoveling.  I think that is what I will do.  Sending a text to Kyle to see if he is inclined to shovel again today.  Mom is bribing him with food.  We had pizza and chicken wings last night as an incentive to come over.

Rest and take it easy.  This bug is taking a terrible toll on the people affected.  Don't rush yourself

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 343 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev341342343344345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use