My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,630
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:40 AM

Happy Go fly a kite day to you, Robin.  I don't know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but here it's a perfect day to fly a kite.  Good to hear you had a nice rest and are refreshed so you can play with the children.  I just can't believe all that you do.  Teaching is a demanding profession.  You're teacher of the year in my book.  

Robin:
Linny,   I hope your day at work goes well and is without any junk.  If not you might want to mention to them it's Go Fly a Kite Day.
 This is such an excellent idea, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:09 PM

I saw a doc on Wed. He doesn't know what's wrong. He said go to the store and buy this and that and see if it works. Oh and get a chest x-ray and some blood work done. Chest x-ray came back clear. Blood work is not in yet. This and that from the store did not work. What a waste of time and $$$.

I'm exhausted just from the coughing. And my voice is completely gone and throat is raw.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie,

There is a terrible strain of a brochitis flu going around down here. My brother was down for two weeks with the same symptoms. He's not one to lay into something like that, but he said he just could not get out of bed it was so energy draining. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,630
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:37 PM

Lillie:

I saw a doc on Wed. He doesn't know what's wrong. He said go to the store and buy this and that and see if it works. Oh and get a chest x-ray and some blood work done. Chest x-ray came back clear. Blood work is not in yet. This and that from the store did not work. What a waste of time and $$.

I'm exhausted just from the coughing. And my voice is completely gone and throat is raw.

I'm surprised he didn't do a throat culture.  It sounds just miserable.  Chicken broth?  It always makes me feel better even if it doesn't make me stop being sick.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,630
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:44 PM

Check this out.  This person makes sculptures from shards of glass.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:
Thanks for the well wishes but I was not our schools nominee for teacher of the year. 

I'm sorry Robin. I thought yesterday in your post you said that one of the teachers had nominated you, and automatically thought you may have a chance. I must have misunderstood. I was thrilled that the older teacher that taught your girls won after you felt that she was truly deserving. The younger ones will have many chances, won't they?

Today, I would have celebrated Go fly a Kite day right along with you. Just thinking about it made me smile.

And after planning, cooking and serving for the event I would imagine you were exhausted. Bless your heart, Good to hear you slept hard and well. I would imagine these thing create quite an anxiety before they happen and you just drop when they're over. I slept all night from 8 to 5 myself. I think the Benadryl I took for allergies had a lot to do with it. There's a really bad Red Tide down here and it's just terribly affecting sensitive people. Felt good to sleep all night and be able to breathe this morning. Hard to believe how much allergies sap your strength.

Anyway, I am happy to hear that the event went well, and I truly hope that all of your efforts will be appreciated one day! You will always be our Teacher of the Year. I hope too that you journal some of the happenings to "Remember When" to show your grandkids one day.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:

Cool link Linny. It's always amazing to me that artists look at something and think, "I'm going to make something out of this."   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
I don't know how it happened but the bank will put the money back and investigate.  

Thank God the bank puts the money back first, Huh? I had this happen one year at Christmas, not with Verizon, but I had stopped at 7 eleven for gas and when I stopped on the way home to the grocery store to buy dog food my payment was declined. When I got home there were charges at a mall in Arizona that had totally drained my account. Unfortunately I had to wait out the weekend to get it resolved. It's maddening that people can  have no consideration for others in doing this. 

Diane:

Today I went out with my friend Karen and we did some errands and ate out the Parkway Deli.  It was so delicious.  Rubin sandwich with steak fries.  Yumm.  I don't get out to eat enough!

So good to hear you went out and had such a good time Diane, Is tomorrow your event for selling jewelry? I hope you do well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

normajo1030:

I have been busy writing letters to corporate offices of stores to try and get them to put Paint Jack in their stores. The "big" stores won't let the stores put them in unless they approve them and they have to buy and supply them.  I hope someone takes a liking to them. George had an eye exam yesterday and we went to a couple of stores while we were down there.  I sent 12 samples up to Canton, Oh. and surrounding cities last week. I used to live up there and I had a phone book to get names and addresses. There are a lot of independent hardwares up there, so I am hoping to get a big order from them. Wish me luck!!

Jo,

You have had a busy time putting your efforts into this.  I hope everything works out well for someone picking them up. Don't forget Walmart too. Back in the day Sam would pick up on things where no one else would. Maybe the tradition has carried over. Who knows?

normajo1030:

I got my cat quilt back from my long arm quilter on Wed. I was so surprised at what she charged me....... $46.00 and she supplied the backing!! The quilt was 110" wide and 115" long. Can you believe that?  It wouldn't have surprised me if she had charged me $100.00.  She just lives two houses away from me.  I have the binding to do. She even does binding on some of the quilts she does, but I like to do my own binding because I like to do the hand sewing on it. She of course would do it all on the machine. She doesn't do any fancy quilting, she has one pattern she uses and that is it. It is fine with me tho'; I am not entering them in shows. I will post a picture when I get the binding done.....it will be a while. lol

I can't believe she only charged you $46.00 and supplied the backing, or batting? Either way, that's unbelievably cheap. With supplying the material, it doesn't seem like she built in anything for her labor. She must love you. Look forward to seeing pic's of it finished. 

Give George some kudo's or a hug for supporting you in your quest. Thanks for checking in. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,555

Linny t:
She must really like you.

That wasn't a special price for me; I think that is what she charges everyone. She has a business. The next time I see her or I may call her because it might be months before I see her; I will ask if that ws a special price. She supplies the batting for all of the quilts she does.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Lillie, hope you are feeling better soon.  Very frustrating to go thru all the tests and expense of OTC and not feel any relief.

Sure you have but hot clear liquids--hot tea with lemon, chicken broth can't hurt and may help with the sore throat.

Lay low and let your body mend. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:
You never know who's lurking out there.

Funny you should say that. I got a friend request from a total stranger recently. I thought he might be a relative from Texas on my mom's side that I don't know. Not! He was supposedly widowed and looking for a girlfriend. LOL. Seriously? Start a message with, "Hi gorgeous" At my age? ROFLOL. I figured he was probably in prison somewhere looking for a sucker to make a fresh start when he got out.  The thought of it just weirded me out. Have to say, his pic's reminded me of the actor that played Bobby (Patrick Duffy) on Dallas years ago. He probably got them from a yacht advertisement.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Robin:

Darlene,  Thinking on you.  Well wishes being sent your way.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  We have had a busy week but to good results.

Tim came home yesterday.  Today we are being socked with the weather so glad I didn't have to go across county lines today.

MIL had a panic attack about the weather report and I had to go out last night after bringing Tim home to get her groceries.  I would rather have stayed home with Tim but it wasn't worth listening to her so I went for her "few" things and spent almost $200 without getting everything she wanted.  They were out of stock on some of the items on her list.  She was not happy but what could I do.  Out of stock is out of stock.

Kyle is adjusting to being unemployed.  He is talking big but not doing much to improve his situation.  I just keep praying for him.

Gracie is adjusting to life with Tim home.  She will still not get up on the couch with him but she did sleep by his legs last night in bed. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
 I remember the beauty of looking outside first thing in the morning and seeing that mighty blanket of fresh snow.  

Nothing more beautiful in winter than seeing that, Is there?Well maybe in addition to the glistening ice on the tree branches. Pictures will never be able to capture the memories that our eyes keep of those. Kind of like the sparkles on our blocks. I have wonderful childhood memories too of these times.

I too hope that Tim is released before the snow falls in NY. I hope he's home by now.  Hopefully Darlene won't have to get out and drive in it. And hope Kyle and Mom, Mil are ok too.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 4:59 PM

Linny t:

That is really great. It's so amazing the designs a true artist can come up with.

northern colorado

Page 342 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev340341342343344Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use