My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:27 AM

WOW Darlene, you did accomplish a lot. It's no wonder you went to bed exhausted.

Poor Kyle. What a horrible life experience for him. I hope he keeps his chin up and finds another job soon. I know this must be very hard for you with everything else that's going on in your life right now. Praying for the three of you.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:18 AM

Lillie:
We should put ours in there when they are completed.
Excellent idea.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:40 AM

Robin:
I love the wisdom that you share with us each day also.  It makes me feel like "Gee, I hope I can be that wise some day".
 Gee, Robin.  I think the same thing about you all the time.  Thanks.

Robin:
But anything I say she takes as me trashing her dreams.
 I have been having bouts of this with my DD who lives with me lately.  They just don't take advise well sometimes, do they?  At least not from their mothers.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Hi My good friends,

I'd hoped to be able to reply to posts but have two proposals to write and look up some info for Mike. Be back in the morning....Have a lovely evening...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day. 

I've done celebrated this day on Tuesday, which is good because I doubt I'll be doing much cooking tonight.

Tonight we are serving at the teacher of the year banquet.  I am so excited because it is such a great way for my kids to give back to those who give to them all the time.  Our nominee is a young man who is a reading teacher.  They say he's awesome in the classroom at getting the kids to connect with what they are reading, and he's a football coach.   Go figure.   I'm not downing football coaches they just usually don't get a lot of props for teaching skills.   Anyway then there are some new teachers who I don't know and some older teachers who have been down the prim rose path before but haven't never gotten the county title so it should be interesting to see who gets the title.   Speaking of which I had a lovely lady who is a retired teacher and is on the committee who works with the group who tallys and tabulates the decision tell me yesterday that she had nominated me.   I was very honored just by the fact that she thought that much of me.  I think it was God's way of telling me all was right with my world and that I need to "Keep Calm and Keep On".

Oh the Plumber came!  He fixed the washer and all is right in the our household again.   The best part was he didn't even charge me.   He said that since what he did the other day didn't work he wouldn't charge me for this one.  I tried to pay for both but he wouldn't have it.   One of the things you have got to love about small town living.  

Stephanie,  Missed your witty and insightful post, hope all your work is done and you can visit with us more today.

Darlene,  I hope no word for you is because you were to busy getting Tim settled in.

Lille, I think posting them all in the media is a wonderful idea.   By the way where do you want me to send the picture of me with your block.   I can uploaded to the site as by avatar or in my media and you could downloaded if that works for you?

Diane and Jo,  I hope you girls are fine.  Just up to your elbows in really pretty stuff.

Linny,  Your right!  They so don't listen to Mothers.   Donn can say anything about their lives and they take it like he's offering the Holy Grail.  I'm just thankful there's a Daddy and he loves his little girls.    

Have a Terrifically Blessed Thursday Everyone.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 6:20 AM

Robin:

Lille, I think posting them all in the media is a wonderful idea.   By the way where do you want me to send the picture of me with your block.   I can uploaded to the site as by avatar or in my media and you could downloaded if that works for you?

Robin, go ahead and upload it in media. That's a great idea.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:
Tonight we are serving at the teacher of the year banquet.  I am so excited because it is such a great way for my kids to give back to those who give to them all the time.

Robin,

I hope you have a great time tonight. And even more than that I hope you win the Award! Just to be nominated is an honor, but you sure deserve it for all the effort you put into everything you do.

That was so sweet of that plumber to fix everything pro bono for you. Nice break after having to haul laundry out for the week or so. God Bless the small town people!

I still have work to do at home. I was hoping to have the energy to do the grain part last night, but after working outside yesterday I was worn out. I plan to do it this afternoon after I work on your block for a few hours. I'm getting there. I'll be ready to put it in the mail by Monday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Darlene:
I know that this is a horrible time for him and I want to help but I don't know what to do.  I have sent the texts and left the messages and I have to just trust now but I feel something I can't put into words.

Darlene,

I'm so sorry to hear about Kyle losing his job. That has to be depressing for him. I think all you can do at this point is try to give him hope and steer him into thoughts of the kind of work he'd enjoy even if it meant student loans and going to Community College, or an ITT school. Just to help him feel that he has options and so much of his life to look forward to, and that you love him.

Hope Tim gets to come home. Being in a hospital is the pits. And boring to a fault.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:
So she has decided to settle on School Counseling instead of school phy.    I don't like her settling because I'm not sure she can survive the pressures of being a school guidance counselor.  Working in a high school setting I know the pressure they have not just with scheduling students but then add testing regulations, kids with problems, parent conferences, people believing you can magically fix everything with the flip of a switch and it can be emotionally training.

I can relate to your concerns about this. When Paul first went to College he was taking Criminal Justice and had thoughts of becoming a Policeman. I didn't want to see my sweet, happy son turn into someone hardened by having to constantly deal with calls for Domestic violence, drugs, alcohol and be unappreciated for trying to make the world a better place. It was a burden on my heart and finally I decided to have a chat and paint a picture in his mind of what his life would be like and the chaos he'd have to deal with every day. Of course I left it with the thought that ultimately it was his decision and I would be proud of him no matter what.

Can't tell you how thankful I was for him to change and go the Fire Dept/.Paramedic route. I still have my sunshine son, and now he's thinking of going further into medicine.

I hope Laurie finds her niche. Even if she starts in that route, it doesn't mean she has to be locked into it forever. And I think it's important for her to know your concerns. I know you don't want to see one of your sunshines have to face that either, but sometimes they have to experience things for themselves to know Mom was right.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:

Robin:
I love the wisdom that you share with us each day also.  It makes me feel like "Gee, I hope I can be that wise some day".
 Gee, Robin.  I think the same thing about you all the time.  Thanks.

And I have thought the same about the two of you. : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie,

I think putting pic's of the finished blocks in Show and Tell is a great idea. Maybe we'll influence some new additions to our group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 9:43 AM

I wanted to show you a pic of the loving couple.  Nellie is at the top--and is fat with eggs, and Guido is dozing below.  They are having a great "honeymoon" LOL.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 9:55 AM

Diane,

Their coloring is so different. How long till she drops the eggs? How many does she have at one time? This is so fascinating. Can't wait to hear more about them.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:23 AM

Lillie---Nellie is considered red and Guido is beige with red/yellow on his head.  I am still learning about all this.  When Nellie starts scratching around, I'll put her in a box of moist sand where she will dig and lay her eggs.  Then I have to provide a moist vermiculite filled box with humidity---a pan of water at 84 degrees. I gingerly move the eggs to the box.  If the eggs are fertile, they will hatch in 4 to 6 weeks.  Then I have to feed them pin head crickets and vitamins often.  It sounds a little overwhelming right now but I'll begin to collect those things.

Sometimes I think I have too much going on.  The pets, quilting job, crazy quilting, jewelry----too much.  I guess it's better than not enough.  So many of the people here attend the social activities and spend time talking and relaxing that way.  I have so much to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:40 AM

Diane, they look good together, don't you think? :)  How fun to have that to look forward to - the eggs and baby dragons.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Page 340 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev338339340341342Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use