My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:
For those of you who are like me and went to bed early last night.  Here are the Superbowl Highlights that they will be talking about today. 

Thanks Robin. Too funny. I was asleep by 8:30, and never even thought to look up the highlights. Great move! One year I saved the Budweiser commercial. It was the Clydesdales after 911 going to the site where the Twin Towers had been. One by one the giant horses dropped to their knees and bowed their heads in prayer. I had watched all of the news and interviews of people over those months, but when I saw those beautiful giant horses do that.... well.... let me just say it touched my heart profoundly.  I didn't see last nights, but I'll never forget that one.

I really feel for you having to deal with the grade thing in a society that has an excuse for everything. By that age they should be gaining a clue that some kind of effort has to be put into life to get something out of it. Poor you. Must be really frustraitng.

Have you tried pulling your lwasher hose out of the drain pipe and putting some Drano in there? I had a backup one time in the drain where the washer hose went in and it backed water up all over the laundry room floor everytime the washer drained. I put some Drano in and hot water a couple times and never had a problem since. Just thinking.... maybe? PS, If people only knew the money and "time off" teachers spent working and buying materials there is not a soul on earth that would balk at you bringing your laundry to school. More "saavy" people would have sent it out and billed it as cleaning the chef's uniforms for culinary. LOL

I can't wait to see May block. I think I still need to comment on March and April. I got bumped off this morning and my posts disappeared. Know how you feel!!!

Robin:
I so hope you woke up this morning feeling great and accomplished for getting the house clean.   I admire your spunk.

Thank you, Back at you tenfold!!! Long story short on that. Mike got less than half way through the pressure washing and broke pvc pipe to our well! No water in the house or out. I sent him to the hardware store with a list of things I needed to fix it. I was so proud of him when he got everything. LOL. By the time I got the pipes and fittings cut and put back together it was getting dark. Looking back it was still a great day. He made the effort to clean for me, he went to cover for his blunder, I didn't get angry, and I  had the water back on before it got dark. That's a blessed day in my book!   

PS: I'm going for the vacuum day myself. Not the cleaner kind. The kind you put yourself into after a long day at work. LOL 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie:
There were just 5 of us and that was perfect. No one had a favorite team there. They wanted the Bronco's and I wanted the Seahawks or Pats. We ate, drank, and were merry.  lol

That's the way a small party should be! Glad you had a great time. Mike is of the mind that when the game is on no one should speak!!!! That's not fun in my book, especially in the days I wanted to have a Superbowl Party. LOL Glad you had a great time.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:

Thanks for the synopsis on the Super Bowl.  I didn't watch it at all.  I don't feel like I've missed an important event in my life either.  Is something wrong with me?

My sister loves sports. Obviously that being said, she doesn't have a hobby. Any kind of hobby. Mike loves sports. He doesn't have a hobby. Any kind of hobby except fantasy sports which involves sports. LOL. Is there something wrong with us? Or them? LOL  One good thing about ours is that if the power goes out tomorrow, we still have something to do. : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

I just wanted to let you know. I see finished pic's in Cute as a Button pic's. The sites still slow, and in the evening light I can't see them as well as I'd like to, so I'll comment on their beauty in the morning.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:37 PM

Stephanie:
Is there something wrong with us? Or them? LOL  One good thing about ours is that if the power goes out tomorrow, we still have something to do. : )

That's right and we'll have something to show for our spent time.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Robin:
Today is National Create Your Own Vacuum Day

The Create Your Own Vacuum sounded so wonderful that I did as Stephanie said and created a vacuum around me.  I haven't been out of the house today.  I talked to Tim a couple times and his Nurse Practioner called to update me because I wasn't there when she came in.

Tim's INR (?) count is at 1.3.  It needs to be 2 before he can come home.  She anticipated Thursday but said it could be Wednesday if he responds to the changes in meds.  Our primary care provider will monitor his blood thinners and maintain things so that all his meds are being distributed by the same doctor.  Makes sense but I feel like the surgeon is passing the buck.  Probably shouldn't feel that way but that was my gut reaction when she told me that.

He was disappointed that I didn't go to the hospital today but I had so much to do around the house and I needed a day of not being around sick people.  I got a lot accomplished around the house.  My LR is all straightened up and cleaned.  I made major head way in the DR and was able to remove one leaf from the table.  I suffer from Flat Surface Syndrome and if there is a flat surface, I must cover it.  By getting a leaf out of the table, my flat surfaces are reduced and I will keep things picked up better. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:32 PM

Good for you, Darlene.  Sometimes you just have to create a vacuum around yourself.  Hospitals day after day are so depressing and the going and the coming wear you out more than anything.  Staying home and cleaning made you feel good and it'll be done for when Tim does come home.  I bet Gracie was happy to have you home all day.  

As for the meds, maybe it's better if all of them do come from 1 Dr., so more care is given to things that are bad when mixed with other things.  That works if all his Drs. talk together, I would suppose.  Still, if your gut tells you something, you should listen.

I have that flat surface syndrome, too, lol.  I've gotten better since my DD has been living with me, but still, things just build up, don't they?  My kitty helps me, though.  He lays on anything flat and if there's stuff up there he just puts it on the floor for me because he knows I need more exercise, lol.  

I hope you took some time out to get a little rest.  Sometimes, though, getting things done can be a rest in itself...getting it done is a relief.  I hope you have a good night's sleep and wake up to good news.    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,035
Points 65,535
Robin replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm going to the Hallmark site for the day today because I have decided to declare today

Hooray for Darlene Day!

I hope you will all join me in celebrating not only this incredible woman who has been through alot lately but the fact that she had a great day yesterday and hopefully felt very proud of her accomplishment last night.   I am sure it was hard to hear Tim over the phone, but just imagine the comfort it will be to come home to a clean house.  I know for me that is one of the best things my family can do for me when I'm gone on a long trip.  To come to a straighten and clean house especially a clean bed is the bomb.  You should be so proud of yourself, not only for straightening the house but for the clarity that mind must have been in for you to be able to focus on one single task that has so many components. 

As to your concern about Tim's meds,  I am certainly a gut girl but I'm also a worrier.   Lately I've been reading a book call Max Lucado called Fearless.   And if I haven't learned anything else of value I have this message for you this morning.  You have only to ask.   Last night I was reading about fear as it relates to children but I feel led to share it with you.  It was the story of Jairus, the guy whose daughter was suppose to be dead.  When word reached him that she was dead he had the choice to believe the word of the guard or to believe Jesus who said she wasn't and headed on to the house.   All because Jairus asked in the first place.  Ask to be given as discerning spirit over this voice in your gut, over the situation and it will be given to you.  This I pray for you.

Give your Gracie a kiss for me.  What color is she?

Linny,

I'm right there with you about the superbowl.  Now I did see a couple of things I thought would have been interesting to watch a little of.  Apparently the coaches on the opposing teams were brothers and the kid who The Blindside story is based on was playing in that game.   I think it would have been interesting to watch the commentary on that relationship.   But short of an FSU football games sports is not a big attracter  for me.

Don't you love the way kitties experiment with gravity.

On a bright note.  Donn went to the post office yesterday afternoon and mailed your block.  It should be there is a day or two.  Enjoy!

Stephanie,

Not to judge those who are hobbiless but I'm pretty sure we have the better end of the deal.  Sports are very limited in the fact that unless you just love all sports you spend a lot of time waiting for the season to roll around and second it's living through someone else instead of doing it yourself.   I'll take needles,  ribbons and threads any day.

I need to come to your house and learn all the cool things you do.  Like fixing the pvc pipe, I'm impressed.   At my house I would have been the one who broke it and Donn would have fixed it but probably cussed several times in the process.  Although he comes from a plumbing mechanical family he did not inherit the gene.   Thanks for the tip on the drain.  We've tried that.  The laundry drain is connected to the kitchen drain somehow and we done all of them.  We can't seem to move it.   Last week we had the line between the house and the city washed out thinking that it was time for that but no luck.  I can only imagine what our bill is going to look like.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Lillie,

So glad you had a good super bowl party.  I think it sounds wonderful.  A small intimidate group, not a lot of yelling and debating, which is what my family does.   I don't mind if we're all on the same side but that never happens since by brothers start arguing football when the second one was still in the womb.  It's definite if one brother goes one way the other goes the opposite.   I just try to stay out of the middle.   So with the round robin ending what is your next quilting project?  Was your back splash hard to do?  We're thinking of painting cabinets, tiling the back splash and replacing the counter top this summer and I'm just wondering how hard it was?   Stephanie and Linny please feel free to jump in and give me any advice you have on these topics.  The cabinets are not great but we simply cannot afford to replace them right now.

Woke up at 2:00 so it's going to be a long day.   Fortunately it's a 1/2 day even though I'll have kids working until whenever it won't be like having classes until 3 and then kids working.  Maybe we can get a lot done.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:12 AM

Stephanie:

Mike is of the mind that when the game is on no one should speak!!!! 

The only time we didn't talk to each other was when a new commercial would come on. Then we all had opinions on whether it was a good one or not. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:17 AM

Darlene:

I suffer from Flat Surface Syndrome and if there is a flat surface, I must cover it.  

I love that Darlene. Flat Surface Syndrome.  Glad to hear that Tim may be home in a day or two.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:26 AM

Robin:

Lillie,

So with the round robin ending what is your next quilting project?  Was your back splash hard to do?  We're thinking of painting cabinets, tiling the back splash and replacing the counter top this summer and I'm just wondering how hard it was?   Stephanie and Linny please feel free to jump in and give me any advice you have on these topics.  The cabinets are not great but we simply cannot afford to replace them right now.

Robin

I'm going to try and get all of my UFO's completed. I have a few projects that have been on the back burner for 3 years and I'd like to finish them this year. 

The back splash was not hard to install. Just that DH put on a bit too much thin-set and I've had to scrape it out from between the tiles. They are matchstick tiles, which means there are a bazillion places to scrape. 8-(  I think we'll put on the grout tonight or tomorrow and finally be DONE!

I wanted to paint our kitchen cabinets too, but DH said he really liked the wood. YUCK! I can't stand the color of the stain the contractor used and I really don't like Oak. Since we could not come to any agreement, they are still original. We can not afford new cabinets either. So I asked DH to clean them. Still waiting...  lol

We had Stilestone installed from Home Depot. And we installed the back splash. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Darlene,

Sometimes a free space does a mind wonders. Tim will be so thrilled to come home to a clean house. I have flat surface syndrome myself. LOL It sure seems to happen quickly and takes a while to undo.

I hope Tim's INR count continues to rise so he can come home. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:

I have decided to declare today

Hooray for Darlene Day!

Love this Robin. What a great idea and thoughtful post.

Sorry to hear the Drano and pipe cleaning has not helped your problems. That has to be frustrating to say the least. Hope it's nothing serious. Let me know when you're ready to paint your cabinets and what they're made of. There are special primers for formica and conversion varnish whichis often used in kitchens to give wood that hard finish.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie,

Good for you setting goals to finish UFO's. I have more than a few myself that I'd like to finish.

Sounds like you've had quite a project scraping the thinset off. I'm not sure I have heard of matchstick tiles. They sound really neat. They really have some beautiful tile out now a days. I could ogle over it for hours. LOL

Lillie:
I can't stand the color of the stain the contractor used and I really don't like Oak.

As much as I love wood, oak's grain is not pretty to me unless it's finished darker. It brings to mind an electrocardiogram. They're not so bad when they're new, but  lighter colors yellow over time and takes on an unpleasant cast to me, and they look dirty all the time.  I'm sure over time the two of you will come to a compromise. I saw some beauties this week in a condo. They were made of knotty alder in a color called Nutmeg. I'm in cabinet envy. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

And speaking of wood, I have had the pleasure this past two weeks of taking an older painted built in entertainment center/bookcase and recreating it to look like wood. Although it is a lot of work, it's my favorite thing to do in faux finishes and I'd love to share a pic of it when it's finished. Hopefully the lighting will work with me to get a good one.

Have brought some new panels home to work on. I was just finished with all of the Box parts of the unit, when they have decided to take the old lighting out and install new. The panels will cover the old holes. The supervisor was nice enough to let me finsh them off so I didn't have to redo all that over the head stuff, which was very considerate concerning my back issues. He's a good guy, about Paul's age and he and wifey are ready to have their first baby any day. Oh, remember when....

Guess it's time to get to it and get something constructive done .... Have a Happy day....

Page 338 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev336337338339340Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use