Posts 2,992
Points 64,395
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 4:48 AM

Take your Pick:

Backwards Day

Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day

and.....

Inspire Your Heart with Art Day.

It is also the 100 day of school in Madison County!

Well today I'm just thankful that we didn't blow away last night.  It was real windy up here yesterday afternoon and last night.   And Now we are apparently head for some chilly weather.  As in we're at 46 and the projected high is 61.   Now for those of you who are snow bound, I understand that 61 is not really cold.  But yesterday we were in the 80's.  So it's more of a jolt than the fact temps are dropping.  I'm not sad about loosing the 81 because I knew it was way to early for spring but all this teasing can get on a girl's nerves.

More labs today.  Yes more!  I have two foods class on one one and one plus culinary on the other.   So it's an all out cooking week.   Next week Culinary will be back in the lab again working on homemade biscuits.  Hopefully there teacher will master the skill this weekend before she has to teach it.   By the way the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies were a hit with my admin.   Got to but getting him the recipe on my to do list. 

Well the no sleeping started last night.  I went to bed around nine, got up around 12 and stayed up til 2.  Worked on my April block for a while then graded some diagnostic test for a while.    Went back to bed and slept until 4:00.   Not to bad just hope I hold up for the whole day.  

Ok.  I need to hear from everyone today.  Since only Linny and I posted yesterday I'm a little worried that the Zombie Apocalypse started yesterday and hasn't reached Florida yet.  

Just kidding,   but I do hope you are all fine.   And that I hear from you all soon.  

Happy Inspire Your Heart with Art Day!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Robin:

I will take the Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day.  I woke up at 5:30 so Sammy and I got up.

We were at the dentist yesterday when we had all the wind and rain.  There were at least 10 men in the waiting room (the building and waiting room are shared by a family doctor and the dentist) waiting to get drug tests for employmemt. The men were talking about not being able to buy anything made in America.....so I went to my car and got my display and samples of the Paint Jack. (I had a captive audience) lol. I gave away about 6 of them, so hopefully someone will see them and want to buy one or more.  I have become a representative for the Paint Jack. I have sent several samples and letters to some of the big stores hoping to get a big order from them.  I took them to a Sherwin-Williams paint store and they were really interested in it; they just have to get the main office to approve it.

I made a round table topper with hearts on it and took it to one of the ladies that goes to our church. She appreciated it so much. She has a lot of congestion in her lungs and gets sick very easily so the doctor doesn't want her out in crowds with all the flu going around. She hasn't been to church for probably 6 weeks. George and her talk on the phone about every day. He is more of a phone person than I am. He talks on the phone while he does his walking in the house. He walks through the house for an hour every day when he can't go outside to walk.

I am hoping to hear from Darlene, like the rest of you; to hear how her husband is.

I don't know what I am going to do today; maybe make a purse. I have a mink stole that I have had for years and I know I will never wear it again, so I am thinking about making a purse out of it. If I do, I will post a picture of it.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:48 AM

Jo,

What a perfect opportunity for you to promote the Paint Jack! Good for you! I really hope these take off. Did Sherwin Williams give you the address for their corporate office? Don't forget Ace Hardware stores. They are selling Benjamin Moore Paints now, and carry a lot of handy tools that other hardware stores don't.

That was so sweet of you both to stay in touch with the lady from church, and especially sweet of you to make her a gift of a tablecloth and take it to her. Hope she gets well soon.

The mink purse sounds really neat. I have an old stole that I bought from an antique store years ago. I was planning to make a teddy bear from it, but haven't done it yet. Let me know how it sews. Look forward to seeing a pic of it when you finish.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:56 AM

Robin,

I'm shooting for a day of Inspiring My Heart with Art today. We are having a cooler and drizzly day here. It's a good day for open windows and working on your block.

The weather change is a jolt for my sinuses, but I love it, and I'm so happy to see rain today.

Good to hear the oatmeal cookies were a hit, and good luck on your biscuits. Hope you hold up for the day after crazy sleep. I had one of those too. Got up from 1:30 to 3 and back up at 6:30. At least for me, I can take a nap if I need to.

I didn't see a post about the Zombie Apocalypse yesterday. Have to go back and check for that one. LOL. Oh, can't you just wait to see kids running around dressed as zombies. Not! Eeew! LOL 

Hope you have a Happy day, and the sleeplessness doesn't leave you in a fog....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:58 AM

Linny t:

Isn't it exciting to think about getting our blocks back with all the beautiful work on them?  What great keepsakes we'll have.  Treasures.  I can't wait to read my journal.  I have been working on Diane's block, but I'm not near done.  Can't wait to see pics!

Me too!!!

Linny t:

Darlene, how'd it go with Tim's procedure?

Hope everything is ok?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:37 AM

Robin:

Take your Pick:

Backwards Day

and.....

Inspire Your Heart with Art Day.

Well, I pick Inspire your Heart with Art, of course.  

That Zombie Apocalypse thing is such an odd phenomenon, you know?  Urban legends....hmmm.  Sometimes they have their roots in truth, but are blown out of proportion.  I know some people who if I had to guess would say they are zombies, lol.  

Good luck with all your food doings.  Every time you talk about a lab I remember home economics class.  They didn't call them labs back then.  I remember them teaching me how to make baked Alaska and tuna casserole.  I am sure they taught me more, but lots of the stuff I already knew how to do, so I guess I didn't pay attention, lol.  I remembered the stuff I liked to eat :)  Teaching sure has come a long way compared to when I was school aged.

I've been having trouble sleeping, too.  I wonder how much the full moon has to do with it.  Even with Melatonin I have a hard time falling asleep as well as staying asleep.  So aggravating.  I think it's stress build up.  Hope yours gets better.

We had a cold front push through here and there was lots of wind with it, too.  Some rain, but not much.  This one's supposed to hang on for a few days.  Right now it's very sunny, windy and about 60 or so.  It feels like it's 50, though with the wind chill.  It's hard to imagine that yesterday I had to run the AC.  Lovely Florida.  The land where you never put your summer clothes too far away.

Have a lovely day!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:41 AM

normajo1030:
We were at the dentist yesterday when we had all the wind and rain.  There were at least 10 men in the waiting room (the building and waiting room are shared by a family doctor and the dentist) waiting to get drug tests for employmemt. The men were talking about not being able to buy anything made in America.....so I went to my car and got my display and samples of the Paint Jack. (I had a captive audience) lol. I gave away about 6 of them, so hopefully someone will see them and want to buy one or more.  I have become a representative for the Paint Jack. I have sent several samples and letters to some of the big stores hoping to get a big order from them.  I took them to a Sherwin-Williams paint store and they were really interested in it; they just have to get the main office to approve it.

Jo, do you get paid to be a distributor for the paint jack?

That's so sweet about the hearts table topper for your friend who can't get out.  Also about George talking with her while he does his walking.  

If you make a purse with a mink stole, I hope you post a picture.  Sounds like fun.

Have a happy bubble wrap appreciation day!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:29 PM

Linny t:
That Zombie Apocalypse thing is such an odd phenomenon, you know?  Urban legends....hmmm.  Sometimes they have their roots in truth, but are blown out of proportion.

I never did find the original post on this. I wonder if all our posts show sometimes? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:35 PM

It's been a good day on this end. I finally got to work on Robin's block for about five hours. Still far from finished, but it felt good to have a needle in my hands again. Feels good to be back on a regular week too. Then a short nap. Now, I need to play catch up with some housework. All the dogs have assumed their positions waiting for DH to come home. Everything is as it should be. LOL 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:44 PM

Stephanie:
I never did find the original post on this. I wonder if all our posts show sometimes? 
 I think Robin's the only one who brought it up.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:47 PM

Stephanie:
It's been a good day on this end.
I'm so glad you had a good day, dear.  Everything being as it should be is a wonderful place to be :)

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:02 PM

Thanks Linny.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,395
Robin replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:03 AM

Good Morning one and all,

Hooray it's Friday!

Today is National Freedom Day,  commemorating the signing of the 13th amendment.

I don't have any labs planned for today.   Friday is a quick day with short periods.   So we're testing in 3 classes and the others are working on projects.    Yesterday was rough,  I don't know how much of it was crazy sleep day and how much was the child that I have on Tuesday and Thursday that is a sweet as anything and as good to me as any student but is so hyper some days that she could make a nun swear.  And I have her two periods on those days, 90 minutes each, back to back. 

Hoping to have sometime this weekend to sew.   Lots of papers to grade and lesson plans to write.  Got to figure out where the foods class is going next.   But I also need to do some sewing my mind, fingers and soul needs the break from life.

Stephanie,  The zombie quote is at the end of my post yesterday.   I mention because me a Linny seemed to be all alone in the world.

Linny,  I haven't made it to the post office yet.  I'm planning on heading there tomorrow morning. 

Jo,   You are such a great friend.  Promoting the paint jack and making the table topper for the lady,  both such kind and unselfish acts.  Have you or your friend  taken the paint jack to independent hardware stores.  I know they don't have to involve the corporate office.  There are two in my home town.  They're great at supporting the community.  Also do you have any pictures to post of the table topper?  I would love to see it.   Good luck with your mink purse.

Diane,  How are all of your children?  Maybe guido is playing like he is a groundhog and going to come out tomorrow.

Lillie,  How is the preparations for your party going?  Is the basement done? 

In case I haven't said it lately I enjoy all of your company so much.   I love not only hearing about your quilting work but your lives.   Thank you for sharing.

Well, it's 6.  Time to get up get dress and go play with my children.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,395
Robin replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:09 AM

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine on FB who post days on there just posted it's Spunky Old Broads Day!

So there is a third choice!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:32 AM

Robin:
In case I haven't said it lately I enjoy all of your company so much.   I love not only hearing about your quilting work but your lives.   Thank you for sharing.
 Same right back atcha!

Hope you have an easy day of play with your children today.  

Linny T

Page 335 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev333334335336337Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use