My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:38 AM

Darlene,

Praying that all goes well with Tim's surgery today. How long will he be in the hospital after the surgery? Big hugs to you and Tim.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:16 AM

Stephanie:
Can you believe we have been on this site that long? 
No, really.  It doesn't seem that long.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:20 AM

Stephanie:
That payment after the reduced interest and finding a cheaper Homeowners policy dropped from $2500.00 a month to $783.00. Unreal, huh? If I could have been smarter in the first place and gotten that kind of rate, I could have had a whole lot of money in savings and life could have been a lot easier. Hindsight. 
 That is unreal!  Wow, you could actually afford to live with that reduction.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:23 AM

Robin:
Today is National Blueberry pancake day!  
 Wahoo!  I like them, too.

Good luck on your demo day, as well as your quest to find the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie recipe.  I can't believe it's almost time for state again.  Where did the time go?

Happy Manic Monday!  (I love that song)

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:35 PM

Robin,

Did You see my post on asking you if your class is all about Culinary, or does it still involve other aspects of Home Ec? Just Curious.

Robin:
my immediate supervisor loves oatmeal cookies and I have been promising to find a recipe. 

Yum. I may have a tip for you that I learned from a lady that went to Culinary Arts classes. She was an awesome cook. Anyway, I watched her make oatmeal cookies one day.  She par boiled her raisans to plump them up. Just enough water to cover, boil until you see them plump. Maybe ten minutes, drain, cool. They are divine in oatmeal cookies. It takes the sugary sweet, chewiness out of them and keeps the cookies moist. I expanded from her and started doing that when I make waldorf salad. You won't believe the difference it makes in that too.

I don't quite understand a demo day? Are you demonstrating on how to make biscuits? I'd love a good recipe on those. Actually, if you get around to making a yeast bread, I'd love some tips on that. As many times as I have tried, I have never been able to do that.

State in 30 days. That will be here in the blink of an eye won't it? Hope you make the best of your crazy days...

Robin:

It is the immortal words of The Bangles  "Just another Manic Monday".

Didn't Cindy Lauper do that too?

Just another manic Monday, wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day........ Same one?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:39 PM

Darlene,

Hope Tim's procedure was successful today, and that, what little time I'm sure you've had in the hotel you are taking full advantage of. Prayers for both of you, and mom, Kyle and kitty too.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is National Corn Chip Day!

I hope that you have some crunch in your day.

Darlene,  Praying that everything is going well for you and Tim, and that you were able to get some rest last night.

Lillie,  If I remember correctly Tim's stay was suppose to be a short one if everything went ok.  Like 2 or 3 days.

Stephanie,  I have one culinary 1 class,  3 Nutrition and Wellness/Food Prep classes, 2 Early Childhood 1 Classes, 1 Early Childhood 2 classes and 1 Early Childhood 3 Class.  So Eight Classes total in an 8 Period schedule.   I have by ECE 2's and 3's at the same time.    Food Preparation is an introduction to culinary, leaning more on Nutrition and Wellness than Food Preparation.   This helps the kids who will have to take nutrition down the road some where.  And weeds out the ones who want to be in Culinary just to eat.   Our kids come to us without having had any electives other than music and PE.  So they are really unprepared to work in a lab setting, so I won't take beginners in Culinary without some background.  There are just two many ways they can mess things up.

Linny,  I'm done with your square.  As soon as I get a chance I'm take some pictures to post and put it in the mail to you.   I think you're probably ready for it to come home.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:39 AM

Robin:
I have one culinary 1 class,  3 Nutrition and Wellness/Food Prep classes, 2 Early Childhood 1 Classes, 1 Early Childhood 2 classes and 1 Early Childhood 3 Class.  So Eight Classes total in an 8 Period schedule.   I have by ECE 2's and 3's at the same time.

Wow, That makes for a busy, busy day. And sounds like a lot of lesson planning. I think it's great that schools are teaching early childhood classes now too. I can understand your wanting the kids in Culinary to have some background. I remember Paul taking an Art Class in college. He thought it would be an easy credit. Boy was he wrong. LOL. Have to admit that I was happy when he came to me for help on his painting. It was fun to teach him to "see" shadow and light and the dimension they add to a painting.

I remember back to where they used to teach us the four food groups. People may not think that matters, but it stayed with me all of my life. When Paul was little, I always cooked making sure he had all of the food groups. Nutrition is so important. Kids may not realize it when they're young, but they sure will benefit from it as they get older.

Can't wait to see what you've done with Linny's block. Look forward to pic's.

Hope you have a great day today. Corn chips sound good right now. I'm a saltaholic. LOL 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:20 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I'm done with your square.  As soon as I get a chance I'm take some pictures to post and put it in the mail to you.   I think you're probably ready for it to come home.

How very exciting!  I can not wait to see it in all it's glory!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:21 AM

Stephanie:
I remember back to where they used to teach us the four food groups. People may not think that matters, but it stayed with me all of my life. When Paul was little, I always cooked making sure he had all of the food groups. Nutrition is so important. Kids may not realize it when they're young, but they sure will benefit from it as they get older.
 I did this, too, Stephanie.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:54 PM

I've almost completed Stephanie's block. Just putting the finishing touches on it.  I think just a few more days. Will probably mail it out on Monday. Stephanie, your block is so beautiful. I know you will be pleased with it.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:31 PM

Lillie,

Made my heart leap with happy just thinking about it! I can't wait to see your additions. I can't wait to see the whole thing in person.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:26 AM

This one is certainly for me......

National Escape Day!

With me having spent the last two days demonstrating for students today is lab day.  The first one for some of my classes. So say a little prayer that I keep my sanity in all of this.    Fortunately they are good classes so I'm looking forward to it instead for dreading it.  

Lillie,

Congrats with finishing Stephanie's block.  I hope you get the pictures up faster than I'm moving.   I was just beat last night when I got home from school.  With the kids staying and working each day and what not I'm not leaving before 5:30 or 6:00.   Starting the day around that time makes for a long day.

I hope everything is going well for Darlene and Tim.

Here's wishing everyone a Pocket full of Wishes Wednesday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:11 AM

Robin:

This one is certainly for me......

National Escape Day!

Me, Too!

Robin:
Fortunately they are good classes so I'm looking forward to it instead for dreading it. 
 That's good to hear.  

Robin:
Here's wishing everyone a Pocket full of Wishes Wednesday.
 Same right back to you, Robin!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 5:37 PM

Isn't it exciting to think about getting our blocks back with all the beautiful work on them?  What great keepsakes we'll have.  Treasures.  I can't wait to read my journal.  I have been working on Diane's block, but I'm not near done.  Can't wait to see pics!

Darlene, how'd it go with Tim's procedure?

Linny T

Page 334 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev332333334335336Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use