My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:41 AM

Robin--so sweet that you married your high school sweetheart!  My sister did also and was married to him 30 years when she died.  I am interested to know how long you have been teaching and if you have any ideas about retiring?

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:39 PM

Diane, I saw one of your bare blocks in one of those groups.  It was the one with the black and white angle fish looking fish.  It was pretty.  QCI, I think.  Or was it Stitchmap?  Can't remember.  I don't participate in those.  I just lurk and comment on the pretties from time to time.  Lots of talent in the world.  I get lots of ideas from lurking.  I don't have time to join in their fun and do this group, too.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:54 PM

Linny--that is my block in Crazy Quilting International group. It's the one with the angle fish.  The one with the multicolored fish is the one I will be sending in the World wide CQ--Leslie E's group.  They both start on Feb 15th so I will be busy!

I still haven't found my new guy Guido yet.  I hope he's having a nice vacation from all of us.  I"m sure he will come out when he's ready.  They all do this from time to time.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:46 AM

They have some really pretty blocks on those sites. I haven't seen yours yet, but I'll keep looking.

Interesting that Guido has been in hiding. Has Tito been out and about?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is a National Chocolate Day!

Linny,  

That really stinks about Barb and the issues with the bank.   I hope that she can find some place fast and sell her's even faster.  

Diane,

I've been teaching 25 years.   When June comes I will technically be four years away from my retirement.   I would be able to stay on for as long as I want, at least another five but I doubt that I will.   I'll be 52 when I get to 30 and I'm not sure what the next step is for me.   Although I will be able to draw by retirement I will probably still work somewhere at least part time.   I've toyed with a lot of ideas in my head but nothing is real yet.   I would love to simply be able to walk away for my teaching career and live off the benefit I will receive from the state.   But I know that's not going to happen since that will not be enough for DH and I to live off of.   We are the typical American family so be have the debit that most do.   I am proud of the fact that we are paying that debt off fairly rapidly.  But it's a long way from done.  So basically when I get to by 30 year mark I'll see where we are and what I can find, as well as how I feel about teaching and make a decision.   Most days I love it.   I've got some great kids.  Then some days I'm real tired of the bureaucracy, kids with poor social skills and all the hoop jumping.   Those are the days that I start counting the years.    DH is also a teacher but came to the party very late in life.  He is only in his 10th year teaching, so he is not even close to count days yet.   He has no retirement from his other job, barely had a paycheck.  So we are nowhere near the point we would like to be.     But we do have two lovely daughters, a home and jobs to get up and go to in the morning so we are very blessed.

I wish you would post a like to your rr I would love to watch the progress and try to learn a little more.

I've got a couple of questions for you all:

Yesterday I worked on the laundry and the house.  Spent some time working to Grandma's flower.   I really want to finish that one this year, so badly I chose it for my UFO challenge.   I using that as an incentive to make myself work on it.  I'm looking for a pattern to make a lattice looking border.   I don't want to end with just the traditional hextagon edging.  I want to make a lattice looking border out of greens and whites and then applique a couple of the flowers on it.  What do you all think?

I'm also working hard to finish my BOM this year.   I currently stitching on April.  I did finish March I just haven't post the picture for it.   Once I finish April I just need to do May and I'll be ready for putting it all together.   I'm thinking about tying it instead for quilting it.  Would that be more traditional?

In honor of today's big event,  You all have Super Sunday!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:22 AM

Robin:
DH got be the Giving Quilt for Christmas by Jennifer Chiaverini and I started it but haven't made much progress. Then yesterday Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker came in and I am not really ready for it.   So I' want to get where when Spring Break rolls around I'm able to read Mrs.Lincoln. 

I started the first Jennifer Chiaverini book Elm Creek Quilts a while ago. I really liked what I have read so far. Have you read the rest of the series?

Linny,

So sorry to hear Barb is upside down in her mortgage. I spent a solid year of monthly re-doing all the paperwork and interviewing over the phone. There was also a year of timely reduced payments. Then, after that year I got a notice saying they were foreclosing. Two days later I get one saying we had been accepted and they'd dropped our interest to 2%.I had already started packing.  It was an insane, emotional, head game, roller coaster ride that I think many people lose hope and give up on. I don't know if the banks count on that, but that process in itself should be against the law. I was told after several phone interviews that the person handling the paperwork changes every three months, and half the time they don't even get copies of the paperwork.  Anyway, just wanted to give her some insight about the process. 

Lillie,

You must really be enjoying CQ to want to join the other groups as well. That's wonderful!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:34 AM

Robin:
I want to make a lattice looking border out of greens and whites and then applique a couple of the flowers on it.  What do you all think?

That sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure how difficult those are to do, but in "picturing" it, I love the idea

Robin:

I'm also working hard to finish my BOM this year.   I currently stitching on April.  I did finish March I just haven't post the picture for it.   Once I finish April I just need to do May and I'll be ready for putting it all together.   I'm thinking about tying it instead for quilting it.  Would that be more traditional?

Can't believe you only have two blocks left and you'll be ready to put it all together. WTG! I wouldn't begin to know how to quilt a CQ, and think some form of tying or spaced hidden stitches would be the way to go.

Congrat's on hitting the 25 year mark for teaching! Has your whole year for class become Culinary now?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:45 AM

Looks like my dreamstate bubble has bursted.  Yesterday I finished the last of laying in all the background of the built in, and today all the aches and pains and lucid thoughts are back in full force. It was nice while it lasted. Back to Earth, so they say. LOL

I think I'll spend my day of rest working on Robin's block. Maybe do a dish or two and definitely vacuum. And maybe a nap. Sounds like the perfect day.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:21 AM

I just joined the two CQ groups Diane talked about. Golly, their sites are so difficult to navigate. Most of the time is says I need to join, which I already did. Still can't see the galleries. I'm sure I'll have access  sometime in the future.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:35 AM

Lillie:
I'll have access  sometime in the future.

When you try to view the photos, something will pop up that you have to fill out and send.  They will OK it and you will have access it.  They are confusing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 11:48 AM

Diane:

Linny--that is my block in Crazy Quilting International group. It's the one with the angle fish.  The one with the multicolored fish is the one I will be sending in the World wide CQ--Leslie E's group.  They both start on Feb 15th so I will be busy!

I still haven't found my new guy Guido yet.  I hope he's having a nice vacation from all of us.  I"m sure he will come out when he's ready.  They all do this from time to time.

Yes, you will be very busy.    Still when it's over you will have your 4 Under the Sea blocks all done and ready to put together.  That'll be fun.

I hope you find Guido soon.  Was all the new stuff just too much for him to handle?  Maybe he's hiding out in some dark spot where he feels like he knows what's going on.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:01 PM

Stephanie, I copied your reply about Barb & mortgage trouble and emailed it to my sister.  That you were packing when you got your refi. is incredible.  Imagine going through all of that while having to battle cancer right after breaking your shoulder.  Just terrible that they didn't make the process easier for her knowing she was that ill.  It has caused her many sleepless nights just when she needed her rest the most.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:18 PM

Lillie:

I just joined the two CQ groups Diane talked about. Golly, their sites are so difficult to navigate. Most of the time is says I need to join, which I already did. Still can't see the galleries. I'm sure I'll have access  sometime in the future.

Lillie, even as a "lurker" I have had to join all the different gallery groups within the group.  It's a Yahoo thing, I believe.  It's the main reason I didn't get involved with them.  It took more time to navigate than I had at the time I found it.  Every time I wanted to look at something I'd have to join another gallery group.  Still, some of the eye candy was well worth it.  Lizette Root posts on there and she's the one who put out CQmag Online.  She is a real artist.  It's fun to watch what she's up to.  There are a few others, too.  She's on Crazy Quilters International.  

For Robin, here's a link to Crazy Quilting International Gallery One, just to get you in there.  It'll ask you if you want to join the group.  You have to also join the CQI main group.  It seems complicated.  It's a really large group.  

They post what they call "Cover Girls" once a month.  That's the pick of the best block pics posted.  I love looking at those.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:21 PM

I forgot to say that you also have to first sign up for Yahoo Groups, if you aren't already a member.  It's the same kind of thing as Google/gmail.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:36 PM

Stephanie:

Looks like my dreamstate bubble has bursted.  Yesterday I finished the last of laying in all the background of the built in, and today all the aches and pains and lucid thoughts are back in full force. It was nice while it lasted. Back to Earth, so they say. LOL

I think I'll spend my day of rest working on Robin's block. Maybe do a dish or two and definitely vacuum. And maybe a nap. Sounds like the perfect day.

Too bad your bubble had to burst...but if it had to better now than later when you're on your back with the aches.

I am glad you'll have a perfect day.  It's beautiful outside today here in sunny Florida, isn't it?  

Linny T

Page 332 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev330331332333334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use