rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:24 PM

Stephanie:
I'd always use a sssst noise like the Dog Whisperer with my other kitties. They'd spin around and run
 The mister makes that noise, so maybe that's what trained him and not the mist.  Although he does not like water in his face of any kind.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:25 PM

Stephanie:
How's your other RR going?

I have signed up for 2 other RRs in 2 other quilting groups.  So each will get one of my "Under the Sea" blocks.  I will post them all when they are done in 4 months LOL.  They both start on Feb 15th.  I'll be kept busy again.  I love doing the crazy quilting but my work quilt and jewelry is suffering :o(.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:26 PM

Stephanie:
No flavor the way they pull them green and gas them to ripen. 
 That is so true.  Someone here at work had an excess of tomatoes and shared them with us.  He grew them on one of those upside down hanging things.  They weren't big, but man were they good.  Such flavor.  I think I had forgotten what a real tomato is supposed to taste like.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:26 PM

Lillie:

My goodness. I've just had a devil of a time getting on this site for the past two days. And all of my notifications are gone so I don't even remember what I wanted to comment on. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Lillie,

I've had some stall problems the last couple days here too. They might be working on the site again. It seemed faster for a while after they cleared out some of the older posts. Who knows? Hope you have a lovely weekend too. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:27 PM

Diane:

Here is Guido.  He's a little puffed up because he's upset.  But he is lovely!

He certainly is lovely, Diane.  Did you try the mood music yet?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:28 PM

Lillie:

My goodness. I've just had a devil of a time getting on this site for the past two days. And all of my notifications are gone so I don't even remember what I wanted to comment on. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

I was wondering what you were up to, Lillie.  How did your grouting go?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 4:28 PM

Linny t:
He certainly is lovely, Diane.  Did you try the mood music ye

He is still doing the head bobbing looking toward her tank but she is hibernation and I won't let him bother her.  I don't know what to do with him.  Right now he has sneaked away for some quiet time.  He will come out when he wants.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:14 PM

Diane:

Stephanie:
How's your other RR going?

I have signed up for 2 other RRs in 2 other quilting groups.  So each will get one of my "Under the Sea" blocks.  I will post them all when they are done in 4 months LOL.  They both start on Feb 15th.  I'll be kept busy again.  I love doing the crazy quilting but my work quilt and jewelry is suffering :o(.

Those under the sea blocks are going to be amazing when they're finished. Does your other group like to do the encrusted as well? You will be busy! Good thing we have postponed until May for the next one, There's only so much time in a day, and it sure goes by so quickly doesn't it? Of course with your recent adoptions, you've had to keep a watchful eye out too to make sure all the "lovelies" get along. Can't refer to them as furbabies. LOL. Do you still have Charlotte?

Interesting that Nellie has gone into hibernation already. Will she eat during this time? Sounds like poor Guido doesn't quite know what to do with himself. Will he have to stay out of Nellie's habitat now?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:08 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
He certainly is lovely, Diane.  Did you try the mood music ye

He is still doing the head bobbing looking toward her tank but she is hibernation and I won't let him bother her.  I don't know what to do with him.  Right now he has sneaked away for some quiet time.  He will come out when he wants.

He probably doesn't want his picture taken any more, lol.  They are fascinating creatures.  How long will she hibernate?  Does she tank up on food before like bears do?  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:18 PM

Linny t:
 How long will she hibernate?  Does she tank up on food before like bears do?  

I think they hibernate about 6 weeks.  Sometimes they wake up, once a week or so, and I hurry and feed her lots of meal worms--then she goes back to sleep.  I kept telling Guido that she was sleeping but he didn't listen.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:24 PM

Stephanie---I think this group did a better job.  Those blocks generally turn out really well but not as nice as these have.  We know eachother so well.  In the other groups it's much less personal.

I think I'll wait to put them together again until she is stronger.  The last time I put him in there she looked at me like "What???"   I have to be kind to her. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:09 AM

Good Morning one and all,

According to the calendar it's National Bald Eagle Day, National Peanut Brittle day and Spouses Day.

However, since my Spouse kick me out of the bed last night I inclined to forget the last one.  Just kidding,  it's just Donn has been doing some serious snoring and bed hogging lately.

Diane,  Your new friend is a cute little guy.  I love his coloring.

Darlene,  I'm glad to hear that you are staying at the hotel and using all the services available to make your trip safe.  I'm sure Tim is too.

Linny How's Barbara?

So thankful today is Saturday.  I spent the better part of the week working on lesson plans and having my TA grade stuff as well as me grade stuff, so I would have very little school work to do.  Still brought home a bag full of stuff but it's a lot less and probably won't take up to much of my time.  Of course there are the usual chores.   However, I am going to make sometime for quilting and reading this weekend.  DH got be the Giving Quilt for Christmas by Jennifer Chiaverini and I started it but haven't made much progress. Then yesterday Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker came in and I am not really ready for it.   So I' want to get where when Spring Break rolls around I'm able to read Mrs.Lincoln. 

I hope you all have a Super Saturday.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:15 AM

Diane-Are your other two quilt RRs online as well? Please let me know, I might be interested in joining or at least checking them out for future RRs.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:43 AM

Robin:
Linny How's Barbara?
 Thanks for asking Robin.  Barbara is hopeful and feeling stronger every day.  She has been spending a lot of time looking at alternate places to live.  She has a 3 br/2b condo.  It's big for her to take care of.  She's looking at something a little smaller and a little cheaper to live in.  Now that she's retired she can't really afford to live there.  She was caught up in the bubble a bit, so she's upside down in her mtg.  The bank, Bank of America, doesn't seem to want to work with her.  She's been trying with them ever since she got cancer.  They just keep asking her for more paperwork.  Sometimes it seams like they want her to default so they can have it.  So frustrating for her.  She hasn't really been able to deal with it with the chemo.  Now that she has some reprieve from it, she's looking at her options with a clearer mind.

I hope you have a Super Saturday yourself.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:34 AM

I usually post pics of other RR's that I do.  The other groups are Worldwide Crazy Quilting which Leslie E from here runs.  Also, Crazy Quilting International.

I have gotten lots of good comments on my bare block from WWCQ which is a smaller group.  As I said, I will post pics. 

Page 331 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev329330331332333Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use