rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:35 AM

Darlene:
Gracie is forcing me to clean up my act crafting wise. 

It's just like having a toddler in the house, isn't it? "Mama's still a Mama where the babes might be in danger of getting into something that could be harmful to them. You'll have your hands full for sure setting boundaries for the little gem. There will be a lot of laughter along the way with the antics, I'm sure.

I share Robin's thoughts on you taking the extra day in the hotel to rest and pamper yourself a little. I always loved to stay in one. Found it quite nice to be in the clean space with minimal furnishings. Made for good planning time and rest.  

Got a chuckle out of your take on Mom's cat and you getting the brush off for being the bad human. They are characters.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:44 AM

Darlene:
Take it while it lasts.  Hopefully, it will last for a while.

Big amen to that. It's a gift to me right now.

Darlene:
Kyle still refers to people as blooming idiots at times.  I know he swears but he refrains in the presence of his mother.  Tim raised a gentleman.  I am so proud of them both for things like that.

I loved reading this. Sounds like you made a great impression yourself that way. I don't like to hear that vulgar language. It's disrespectful in a lady's presence in my eyes. I've found the workers on site to be very good at not using it when I'm there and I appreciate it.

Kyle sounds like such a fine young man. You must be very proud of him. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Stephanie:
It's just like having a toddler in the house, isn't it?

That is exactly how I felt when she first started getting into my sewing things.  It has been a long time since I have had to worry about keeping things like thread picked up.  I think it was Lillie who commented about the pins and needles.  My needles are secure but pins are in open dishes on the cutting table and by sewing machine.  I really like the open dish but I will have to rethink this practice. 

Not sure if I posted that I found her on the kitchen counter last night and just now she jumped up on the dining room table.  Tim and I are both sitting at the table with our lap tops and without thinking I swatted her off the table.  She meowed and ran into the basement.  She is a jumper and I am sure that my cutting table will not be out of bounds for her when I am not in the room.   The door is off in my studio so not sure what I will do about this.  Having the door put back on will be a major disruption to the floor plan and be a challenge but I may have no choice. 

We have been closing the bedroom door and until last night she had made no effort to go in.  Our 100+ year old house is unlevel and the door to our bedroom does not close tightly.  Last night she pushed her way in.  Because she is grey and our carpet is grey, Tim is afraid that he will not see her in the shadows and lose his footing.  Plus he really doesn't want her on the bed with us.  If that is his only restriction [other than our eating surface] I will not object.

Last night I was in the studio sewing after Tim went to bed.  I have strained my lower back this week [I think lugging pet carriers with cats who do not want to be in them] and decided that the massager on my sewing chair would be a good idea.  She came in and was rummaging in the closet.  I discovered this morning that a plastic shoe box of thread was on the floor.  Good news was that it was new sppols and most were wrapped in plastic so I do not believe she did any harm.  This may be the source of the thread I found in the dining room but I do not think so.  I sat down to sew this morning and saw the silverware organizer [like you use in your kitchen drawers] that I keep thread and bobbins in sitting next to my machine.  I will have to do something different there.  The spool of thread I wanted to finish a project was MIA.  Not sure it was there before Gracie came so I can't blame her.

Stephanie:
I share Robin's thoughts on you taking the extra day in the hotel to rest and pamper yourself a little

I have decided that I would stay Monday night.  We have to check out before noon and if I do not stay Monday, I would have to check out before we go to the hospital Monday morning.  This would just add extra stress to an already stressful day.  Plus I am looking forward to the pool and fitness room.  I am taking my bathing suit and we will check in early enough Sunday that I will be able to swim and spend a few minutes on the treadmill.

Also not sure of the weather and if I stay the extra night, the hotel will shuttle us to the hospital and I don't have to mess with cleaning off the car and parking.  The parking garage at the hospital is such a chore on Monday mornings.  There are times I don't mind the garage but Monday morning is not on that short list.

Well, it is breakfast time.  We slept in this morning and were late starting meds but now I must go to make my honey something to eat.

I will check in later.  In keeping with Opposites Day, I hope that you all have the most miserable day that lasts forever.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:00 AM

Darlene---one suggestion for Gracie is a cat bed with a heating pad in it for your bedroom.  Also, cats can eat thread and yarn which can tangle in their intestines and so you may want to close up all threads and if you have any empty spools, that would be a great toy.  Once they start eating the thread or yarn, they are unable to get it out and keep eating, trying to stop it.  She sounds like my cat at that age.  Now she never gets on the table but then again, she's 15. LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:00 AM

Darlene,

Oh my goodness, you certainly have your hands full with that little one! She's just been into everything. Sorry to hear you have strained your back and hope the massager does the trick for you.

Good to hear you have worked out your plan to stay Monday night as well. Reading your reasoning and plans for the days really make sense, all things considered.

Darlene:
In keeping with Opposites Day, I hope that you all have the most miserable day that lasts forever.

Back at ya! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:12 AM

It's such a lovely day here today. The house is a little chilly (67degrees) so I'm wearing a sweatshirt. It'll warm up soon enough. No sense in turning the heat on. I was catching up on my emails and saw some inspiring ones from our favorite stitchers. Not sure about my plan for the day, or if I'll have one. Feels good just to sit and just do nothing for a change. Planning to go in to work tomorrow. All of the tradesmen will be off for the weekend so not having the distraction will be nice, along with not having to worry about everyone bouncing off each other. I need my space. LOL 

Opposite's day. So along with Darlene, hope you all are having a terrrible day. LOL. Seems so odd to be saying that. LOL  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:28 AM

Stephanie:
I can't believe shipping overseas is going to double. I went on an Australian website not long ago to order a magazine. The current issue had a postage of $4.00. They had a couple back issues on sale for half price so I ordered two of those as well. When it came time to check out it said the shipping alone was $32.90! For three magazines!!!!!! No way! And it's going to double?  That's just crazy. Will it affect your bead orders?

I have never shipped my jewelry overseas so it won't affect me.  It's just in the other groups, there are some people in Canada and Australia so that would be a problem for them.  I don't know what arrangement could be made when one of those people get into a RR.  Also, on lady lives in Japan!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:45 AM

Darlene, something that helped me train my kitty was a little mister bottle.  I didn't use a full fledged spray bottle, because they leave a wet spot.  I just sprayed that mister when I didn't like where he was headed.  Soon he'd see me with that bottle and turn around, then finally he'd leave it alone.  He was one who always wanted to pry at the windows trying to get out and ruined a couple of my blinds.  I had to stop that.  He was a rescue from a litter of kittens that Ricky found under his house, so he was used to fending outdoors.  It took a bit to get him domesticated.

I am glad to hear you are spending the extra night at the hospital.  Hopefully you'll get a chance to swim and loosen up your stiff muscles.  It's funny how much easier it is to relax once you resign yourself to the fact that nothing else can be done because you are away from it all.  

Oh, by the way, I always used to make Ricky take the animals to the vet so they'd be mad at him and not me, lol.  My kitty pouts and hides from me for a day when I take him to the vet.  See, that kitty of your mom's was mad because h thought he could trust you.  I'm glad that kitty's okay.  Your mom needs him.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:50 AM

I guess the way the overseas shipping will affect me is for things I get from sites that are overseas, like Piper's silk.  Once in awhile I order from them.  I don't suppose I will any more if shipping goes up that much.  It's really going to hurt businesses like theirs in US Sales.  Trish Burr is another that comes to mind.  It's a real shame if you ask me.  All I can say is why do they have to raise the price so much.  Some law, no doubt.  There are so many laws now.  I heard today where they are trying to ban tomatoes from Mexico in the US.  They're saying this will raise the cost of tomatoes to over $5 per LB.  I will grow my own before I pay that much.  They aren't that hard to grow.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 12:52 PM

Here is Guido.  He's a little puffed up because he's upset.  But he is lovely!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 1:01 PM

My goodness. I've just had a devil of a time getting on this site for the past two days. And all of my notifications are gone so I don't even remember what I wanted to comment on. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:11 PM

Diane:

I have never shipped my jewelry overseas so it won't affect me.  It's just in the other groups, there are some people in Canada and Australia so that would be a problem for them.  I don't know what arrangement could be made when one of those people get into a RR.  Also, on lady lives in Japan!

How's your other RR going? That will be such a bummer for those ladies to have to quit if the shipping is so high. I know I'd be so disappointed.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:16 PM

Linny t:
I didn't use a full fledged spray bottle, because they leave a wet spot.  I just sprayed that mister when I didn't like where he was headed.

Sounds like yours was a stinker too. The mister bottle sounds like a good idea. Otis loves water and would probably think I was treating him. LOL. He's not the norm though. I'd always use a sssst noise like the Dog Whisperer with my other kitties. They'd spin around and run. 

Linny t:
I always used to make Ricky take the animals to the vet so they'd be mad at him and not me, lol.

LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:21 PM

Linny t:
 I heard today where they are trying to ban tomatoes from Mexico in the US.  They're saying this will raise the cost of tomatoes to over $5 per LB.  I will grow my own before I pay that much.  They aren't that hard to grow.

Unreal!!! Wondering what the reason is behind that. I tried to grow tomatoes a couple times and they got that wilt. I think it was just the wrong time of year. Paul got me a couple of those hanging things to grow tomatoes in. Maybe I'll drag one out and see if I can do it with that. I definitely won't pay that either. It's hard to find a decent tomato anymore in the grocery anyway. No flavor the way they pull them green and gas them to ripen. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:22 PM

Diane:
Here is Guido.  He's a little puffed up because he's upset.  But he is lovely!

He is really pretty Diane. Looks so healthy too.

Page 330 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev328329330331332Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use