rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,835
Points 106,210
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:51 PM

Diane:
I just heard that the postage for over seas is almost double soon.  All postage is going up a little but over seas is really expensive.  Not good for groups who are mailing to Canada and Australia.  I will be mailing Lillie's block after the 1st of the month.

It seems like everyone gets a raise in this world but me :(

I will be after the first of the month with your block, as well.  More like around 2/9 or 2/11.  I hear you about life and inspiration not being always easy to do.  Sometimes my life and inspiration seem to go separate ways. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:07 PM

Darlene:

Good evening to all my quilty frineds.

Tim's test Monday was successful and the surgeon has scheduled the repair procedure for Monday next week.  We are anxious for this to be done.  It has been a long time coming.

We adopted a cat yesterday.  She is 7 months old and her name is Gracie.  She is a short hair grey cat and has a wonderful disposition.  She is slightly nervous about sudden movements and will not sit on Tim's lap.  Tim fears she was the subject of abuse before going to the shelter.  We are not pushing her to be with Tim although I hope she will get friendlier with him.  The reason we got her was for Tim.

Darlene-wonderful news about Tim's test. Now just a few days and then the surgery. Yippie.

Happy to hear that you have a new addition to your family. I would not worry too much about Gracie being nervous. Most of the cats we've adopted were standoffish for the first few days. Then all of a sudden they were in your lap just like they belonged there.  lol  I remember we had on cat, a Himalayan, that hid behind furniture for over a week. Would hardly come out while we were awake. But always jumped on the bed to sleep with us. Then one day, she just up and jumped up on my lap. It was wonderful.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:11 PM

Saw this the other day from one of my other groups. Thought ya'll might like to know.

"Buy your postage through www.paypal/shipnow.com using First Class parcel rate if package weighs below 13 ounces, and quilt squares are almost always below that.  The current rate is $2.99 including tracking. "

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:56 PM

Lillie:
"Buy your postage through www.paypal/shipnow.com using First Class parcel rate if package weighs below 13 ounces, and quilt squares are almost always below that.  The current rate is $2.99 including tracking. "

Great tip Lillie!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,269
Points 135,098
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:00 PM

Diane:
 It sounds to me like you were hypnotized.  I have been hypnotized several times.  When coming out of it, you can have difficulty doing everyday things for a few minutes.  Gee--people pay to learn how to do that for themselves and you did it for nothing!  Do you think it could be that?

It sounds exactly like that. I took one of those personality tests one time and one of the things it said is that I could have the capability to become totally delusional, and that I would have to keep that in check. What a hoot! Maybe I'm on my way. LOL I have been so into this project that not only have I done those silly things, but I haven't felt any aches and pains, and my everyday worries have been totally lost on me. Outside of being aggravated by a worker of mine distracting me while I worked one day, I haven't had a care in the world since Monday. It is like what you say about being hypnotized. It's free, and I'll take it. LOL. At least until I finish this project. 

Thinking of making the extra money on baby dragons would be nice. I'm not sure what the whole process is with the incubator and feeding. I kept some baby cockatiels for a friend for a couple weeks and had to mix food and feed them every four hours even through the night. That was tough, but I really enjoyed nursing them along and watching them grow and start feathering. Being able to let them go is a whole other story. 

I can't believe shipping overseas is going to double. I went on an Australian website not long ago to order a magazine. The current issue had a postage of $4.00. They had a couple back issues on sale for half price so I ordered two of those as well. When it came time to check out it said the shipping alone was $32.90! For three magazines!!!!!! No way! And it's going to double?  That's just crazy. Will it affect your bead orders?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,269
Points 135,098
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:07 PM

Robin,

I think I'll have to go for the Eskimo Pie. You've had me on an ice cream kick since the chocolate strawberry one. LOL. At least I've been doing without chips for our New Years resolution. I think they should call it a New Years challenge instead of a resolution. Sounds more forceful, and I need a "force" to keep me out of the salty snacks.

I'll be curious to hear if the dinner attracts more parents. It is pretty sad that the comparison between the games and parents meetings are so large. I never even knew when Paul's school had them. Maybe that was when they sent notices home with the kids.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,269
Points 135,098
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:17 PM

Diane:
I am trying to finish Lillie's block.  These things take time and inspiration which is not always easy to do.  This block is truly "encrusted".  I think this group has accomplished that and the blocks are turning out great.  I love that look---real eye candy.  What's great about RR is that you learn more about CQing from eachother and are inspired to try new things and do the best we can.

So true. We've  come a long way in this over a realtively short period of time. I too love the inspiration from each other, and seeing everyones work in person has been such an experience.  I get stumped getting started and pull everything out that could work with it. I fret over it, and it seems just when I'm about to give up something pops up to start with.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 23,855

Happy Thursday night.  Had a good day today. 

Mom's cat came home from the vet and is totally happy to be home but wants nothing to do with me because I was the bad human who put her in the car and took her to the vet and then brought her home again.  Have to laugh about it.  I am glad that she is mad at me and not Mom.  It was tough enough for Mom to have her gone for two nights. 

Gracie is forcing me to clean up my act crafting wise.  She found a spool of thread and strung it throughout my dining room.  Wrapped around the table legs, over the rungs of the chair, around table legs some more, and on and on.    Got that cleaned up and she found some netting which I had cut to crochet into scrubbies.  She wadded it up and then began chewing on it.  This evening she found a ball of cotton yarn which she had strung out across the living room while I was making dinner.  Tim told her "Mama doesn't share very well.  Get used to it"

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 23,855

Kyle came over and Gracie made quick friends with him.  We will be spending the night at a hotel near the hospital Sunday night and I may stay over Monday as well.  We have asked Kyle to stay here so that Gracie is not alone and we don't need to worry about the house being empty.

So glad that the two of them are getting along so well.

Another good piece of news is that Gracie is getting warmer to Tim.  She got up on the couch next to him this afternoon and she looked at him after dinner but was unsure of the blankets so she didn't get up with him while he was laying down.  At least she is getting closer.

We are hopeful that when Tim comes home from the hospital he will be sitting up more and she will continue to get closer to him.

Caught her up on the kitchen counter this evening after dinner.  Again, she is forcing me to clean up in a timely manner.

Robin, thanks for the inspiration for the day.  Having three to choose from was tough but I ruled out the beer can option quickly.

Stephanie, glad you are having a good week.  Take it while it lasts.  Hopefully, it will last for a while.

Linny, I chuckled about the Name Calling comments.  I have worked in those environments as well and there are days when not calling someone a "blooming idiot" was a challenge at best.  When Kyle was about 3 years old and was in the car with me, someone cut me off in traffic and I started to call them something else but it came out blooming idiot.  For years that was my choice of ways to relieve my frustration while driving.  Kyle still refers to people as blooming idiots at times.  I know he swears but he refrains in the presence of his mother.  Tim raised a gentleman.  I am so proud of them both for things like that.

Guess it is time to think about taking Kyle home.  He is willing to walk but it was only 7 degrees when I brought him over at 6:00 and I am sure it has gotten colder.  I need to fill up the gas tank so I will go out and take care of that while taking him home.

Have a great night and an even better Friday.  The weekend is almost here.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,855
Points 61,125
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:17 AM

Good Evening everyone!  I  hope you had a wonderful day.

Now if you check the time of this post don't think I've lost it.  Because today is National Opposite Day!

Diane,  Congrats on being about finished with Lillie's Block.   I thing I finished Linny's last night.   Like your block there has been so much great work done on this block there was not a lot left to do, but once my mind got going I found several fun things to do with it.  Linny should have it back around the first with no problem.   Sorry your dragons are having so much trouble with their relationship.  Perhaps some mood music would help.   (Sorry I couldn't resist. )

Well,  Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,835
Points 106,210
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:23 AM

Darlene, Gracie sounds like such a playful and inquisitive little kitten.  She will train you, won't she.  Still it gives everyone something else to focus on.  Pets help us not worry.  I bet she's cute.  Maybe you could post a pic when you can.  We'd all love to meet her.

Praying that Monday comes and goes, leaving Tim without these handicaps he's had to deal with.  Things will get better from here on out.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,855
Points 61,125
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:25 AM

Darlene:

Happy Thursday night.  Had a good day today. 

Mom's cat came home from the vet and is totally happy to be home but wants nothing to do with me because I was the bad human who put her in the car and took her to the vet and then brought her home again.  Have to laugh about it.  I am glad that she is mad at me and not Mom.  It was tough enough for Mom to have her gone for two nights. 

Gracie is forcing me to clean up my act crafting wise.  She found a spool of thread and strung it throughout my dining room.  Wrapped around the table legs, over the rungs of the chair, around table legs some more, and on and on.    Got that cleaned up and she found some netting which I had cut to crochet into scrubbies.  She wadded it up and then began chewing on it.  This evening she found a ball of cotton yarn which she had strung out across the living room while I was making dinner.  Tim told her "Mama doesn't share very well.  Get used to it"

Somehow I missed your two post this morning.  But when I saw them I had to response.   I think it is so cute that Tim called you Mama.  I can tell Gracie already has him wrapped around her paw. 

Second note.  I think you should definitely stay in the hotel the night after Tim's surgery.  You need your rest and strength too!   It's not a bad thing for you to pamper yourself with all the caretaking you're doing right now you need to be mindful of your own personal need to before you wind up sick.  That would certainly be a bad turn of events in your world right now.   Please take care of yourself.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Darlene:
Gracie is forcing me to clean up my act crafting wise.

Darlene, you need to be really careful with needles and pins; cats are soooo curious, they get into everything.  You don't want a BIG vet bill or worse.  You are lucky Gracie didn't get the thread wraped around her. She will get a little better as she gets older.  Wlhen Sammy was little, I couldn't have a vase of flowers on the table without him upsetting them. Now he doesn't pay any attention to them.  I keep the door closed to my sewing room. Sometimes he sneaks in when I go in and I let him stay if he is good; he has a window seat in there and if he stays on it or on the floor we are ok.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,835
Points 106,210
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:47 AM

Robin:
Perhaps some mood music would help.   (Sorry I couldn't resist. )
 That made me LOL :)

Robin:
Because today is National Opposite Day!
 Sooo....have a terrible day at school today

Off to work I go, too.  Hey can I claim opposite day for it being a work day?????

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,269
Points 135,098
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:19 AM

Linny t:

It seems like everyone gets a raise in this world but me :(

Me too. You're not alone out there. And not only shipping, but grocery prices. My world, I went into Publix and bologna was $5.69 a package. I could buy a whole ham for what it costs for a couple packs of bologna and stretch it a lot farther.

Linny t:
I will be after the first of the month with your block, as well.  More like around 2/9 or 2/11.  I hear you about life and inspiration not being always easy to do.  Sometimes my life and inspiration seem to go separate ways.

I think I'll be falling in around this date as well.

Page 329 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev327328329330331Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use