rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:24 AM

Diane,

The stories about the iguana vs bearded dragon are too funny! They must surely keep you on your toes. LOL. Hopefully they'll adjust Guido and Tito will adjust to each other like Rio and Baby did. I didn't even know you had the female Nellie. Wouldn't baby dragons be so cool!  Have you read up on how many eggs they lay and percentage of hatchlings? That would be an experience to remember for sure.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:57 AM

I can't believe all the posts I missed.

Linny,

I loved to watch the mullet surface on the water with their silver shimmer. Such a beautiful contrast to the blues and greens of the ocean water. You were a dedicated mama to your fish, retrieving the jumper so many times. I had a wooden canopy over mine so if the damsels tried to jump they would have surely bumped their heads. LOL 

Lillie,

I enjoyed reading about your adventures with your aquarium too. I read that you have a busy week, hope it's a fun one for you. Keep us posted on the grouting, and post when you can

Jo,

I recieved the paint jack yesterday, and thank you. I'm going to private message you. Oh yes, I wanted to tell you, I had some tonic water left over from having company at Christmas. I was having cramps in my legs for two days. I drank a small glass of that and I swear within an hour they were gone! As a matter of fact all of my muscle cramping was gone. I think it will be a staple in my house from now on. I'll have to get some lemon or lime like you suggested though. I drank it without and it definitely not a flavor to linger over. Blech. LOL    

Robin,

I missed days of National Days, I can't believe it. I like the no name calling for a kids day.  You're busy as always and thanks for asking about me.

I was sick with sinus all weekend. Laid out flat pretty much, but the rest did the trick. Monday and Tuesday I was hard at it at work. I'm creating a woodgrain effect on a built in entertainment center and it has consumed me. I'm sure all of you can relate when you get intensely involved in projects.That "dreamstate" takes over and nothing else seems to register.  One of my workers was telling me yesterday during the final hour that he thought I was zoned on fumes. I didn't think anything about it until I was leaving. I pushed the elevator button and when the door opened I thought I had gotten off on the wrong floor, when in essence I hadn't even gotten into the elevator. LOL

Seriously though, yesterday morning I wasn't in the fumes yet, and went totally into the wrong building. Pushed the elevator button to go up and when the doors opened the interior was different than I remembered. I had to call Mike and ask him what building I was supposed to be in. He just laughed. I make no bones about being directionally challenged. LOL

Have to admit, when we got home I felt so much better when Mike came out and said, "Look at this" I looked and he was wearing two belts and had been all day. We just rolled with laughter and commented about getting old. (By the way, he wasn't in the fumes all day.)  

Laughter is good for the soul, and when you can laugh at yourselves it's even better.     

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 11:14 AM

Stephanie:
Laughter is good for the soul, and when you can laugh at yourselves it's even better.     

Laughter makes a good medicine....

Glad you're feeling better.  We've missed you in here.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:06 PM

Thank you Linny.

Jo,

I tried to private message you. Not sure if it came through, or if it came through three times. I kept pushing the submit button and nothing happened. Let me know.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:28 PM

Robin, I'm pretty sure I made it through the day without any name calling, lol.  There were a few times when it was close, but I resisted because of your post, lol.  

I looked at Michelle's gown because of Diane's post, too.  Lovely gown and beautiful jewelry.  Imagine how she must have felt wearing that.

I'm happy to hear her efforts on children's nutrition are making progress at the school level, too.  I know many kids get 2 out of 3 and sometimes 2 out of 2 of their meals at school.  

Hope you had a good day with the kids at school. 

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Good evening to all my quilty frineds.

Tim's test Monday was successful and the surgeon has scheduled the repair procedure for Monday next week.  We are anxious for this to be done.  It has been a long time coming.

We adopted a cat yesterday.  She is 7 months old and her name is Gracie.  She is a short hair grey cat and has a wonderful disposition.  She is slightly nervous about sudden movements and will not sit on Tim's lap.  Tim fears she was the subject of abuse before going to the shelter.  We are not pushing her to be with Tim although I hope she will get friendlier with him.  The reason we got her was for Tim.

It is garbage night, so I guess that I have to sign off and get things together for the curb.

Have a great night.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:07 AM

Darlene,

That's great news about Tim getting scheduled for repair.

Congrat's on Gracie. She'll have to scope out her new territory. It's been natural with the ones I've adopted to be standoffish in the beginning. About the time you give up, they pop right up there and smooze you. They have that "cattitude" that they are the ones in charge. LOL  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:24 AM

Linny t:
There were a few times when it was close, but I resisted because of your post, lol.  

LOL. I was lucky ti bypass that myself. I was home alone. LOL

Robin, Hope you had a good day too.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,982
Points 64,180
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:11 AM

Take your pick,  today runneth over with things to celebrate.

Yesterday was the average typical day at school.  Thank goodness!  This week has felt so weird since we had Monday off.  I will be glad to find norm again.  Tonight we have a mid term open house, we have done one of these in years.   But the boss said we need to do it because people don't feel like they know what's going on at the school and we are not very inviting.   So we're doing the open house thing with a meal.  Now 5000 can find their way to a football game but only 20 (if your lucky) can find their way to any kind of group parent meeting, but we're uninviting.  So now we're going to serve a meal to bribe people to come see about their children's education.   This kind of dog and pony show drives me nuts.  But we'll do what  we must do right?!

Stephanie--- Sorry to hear that you were sick, glad you are feeling better.  I'm also glad your project went so well.   )Hope you have another creative day.

Linny---- Congrats on surviving No name calling day.    Although I somehow doubt it was really that hard for someone as sweet as you.

Darlene--- I'm so glad Tim's test is behind him and that you guys are moving forward.  I will be praying for him.     I have a black and white kitty named Gracie also.   We also have a rescue kitty named Ranpu (Japanese for Light On), which is a whole nother story.   She was frightened at first but has become one of the most affectionate seeking critters I have ever met.  But like her owner (my daughter) it's on her terms, at her appointed hour.   I'm sure your rescue baby will take up with you guys before you know it.   How's mama?

Diane---- How's life in your Wild Kingdom?   I think it is so cool that you keep all finding a rescuing these animals.  

Lillie--- Hope your busy week is going smoothly and the backsplash is in finish state.

Here's wishing you all a thoroughly happy Thursday.  May you find time to stop an admire a Beer Can, give and compliment and eat an Eskimo Pie.   

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:25 AM

Darlene:
We are not pushing her to be with Tim although I hope she will get friendlier with him.  The reason we got her was for Tim.
 Stephanie said everything I would think of except have Tim be the one that feeds her every day.  She'll learn who to ask for food when she's hungry.  That's the quickest way to start the relationship - through the tummy, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:43 AM

Robin, I like National Compliment day the best, although I really like Eskimo Pies.  I'm not much of a beer drinker, so I wouldn't know about that.

That was a sweet compliment about my temperament.   Thanks, so are you :)

Wishing you a Thoroughly Happy Thursday right back.  How about complimenting a beer can while eating an Eskimo Pie, lol. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:50 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
There were a few times when it was close, but I resisted because of your post, lol.  

LOL. I was lucky ti bypass that myself. I was home alone. LOL

Contrary to Robin's take on me, I had to try hard.  I was at work, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:59 AM

Stephanie:
Wouldn't baby dragons be so cool!

I am having a time with these 2 dragons.  Poor Guido doesn't know how to mate and he gets so excited wanting to get at her.  I don't know how many eggs they would have if they did mate.  I remember reading that you have to scoop them up carefully so they don't turn over and place them in an incubator. They sell for about $50 in a pet store so I could make some money but don't know if it would be worth it.  I knew a man who had 3 females and a male in a tank.  The male kept getting the girls pregnant and he did  make money.  I told him that he had a "harem" of dragons.  He didn't think that was funny. LOL These two would have some pretty babies.

I am busy trying to get work done and making some progress. Every day is more issues to take care of--called life!! LOL

I am trying to finish Lillie's block.  These things take time and inspiration which is not always easy to do.  This block is truly "encrusted".  I think this group has accomplished that and the blocks are turning out great.  I love that look---real eye candy.  What's great about RR is that you learn more about CQing from eachother and are inspired to try new things and do the best we can.

I just heard that the postage for over seas is almost double soon.  All postage is going up a little but over seas is really expensive.  Not good for groups who are mailing to Canada and Australia.  I will be mailing Lillie's block after the 1st of the month.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 12:12 PM

Darlene--congrats on your new baby cat.  I find with cats that as they get older, they become more affectionate and loving.  I'm sure she will do the same.  Glad to hear that things are progressing with Tim.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 12:21 PM

Stephanie---I was interested in the post that you made about being in an "altered state" while working.  It sounds to me like you were hypnotized.  I have been hypnotized several times.  When coming out of it, you can have difficulty doing everyday things for a few minutes.  Gee--people pay to learn how to do that for themselves and you did it for nothing!  Do you think it could be that?

Page 328 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev326327328329330Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use