rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:09 AM

Lillie:
We used to have a fresh water tank with lots of smaller fish in it. One day we put an Oscar fish in it and he started eating all the smaller fish. We went out the next day and got another tank just for him.  Whenever we fed him, we had to be extra careful when opening the lid, because he liked to jump out.  lol

Lillie, your Oscar story made me remember a fish we had in our tank.  We had a few mullet minnows and one small damsel fish.  That damsel fish would chase those minnows back and forth across the tank all day long.  Whenever I'd take the hood off for cleaning or feeding that fish would jump out of the tank with such momentum it would land in the fireplace next to the tank - about a 2' leap!  I can't remember how many times I fished it out of the ashes, cleaned it off and put it back in the tank.  We finally set her free because she was exhausting the minnows.  Those minnows were beautiful, too.  It's funny to say that because mullet are such common fish down her and are more or less considered poor man's food.  They were silver and swam together back and forth, gently turning all together.  They looked like a shimmering silver cloud or a silk scarf moving back and forth.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:19 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Lillie, are you going to have a party down there when the back splash is all finished?  

Yes, we're having a party on Feb 9. Ted has installed all the back splash. Now it's up to me to remove as much of the thinset as possible from in between the tiles and then grout. I'll start on thinset removal today. Hopefully on Monday I can grout.

My upcoming week it so busy. I really don't like it when I have too much on my plate.

We had a lovely dinner last night. Ted invited his boss up to spend the night. What a wonderful gentleman. I had a great time getting to know him. I made BBQ shrimp. Though it has nothing to do with being BBQ'd. It's cooked in the oven and doesn't have a lick of BBQ sauce on it. You eat it with your fingers. I'm glad we have some left so we can eat it while we watch football today.

Lillie, I did a back splash once and setting the tile was easy compared to cleaning the thin set and grouting it.  Still, it's what makes the tile beautiful.  Of course that was probably 30 years ago.  I bet things have advanced quite a bit where tile work is concerned.  Hope it turns out just the way you have envisioned it.

Now how do you make BBQ shrimp without BBQ sauce?  What makes it BBQ?  

How nice that your husband has such a great relationship with his boss as well as one you feel comfortable enough with to have him spend the night for a visit.   He sounds more like a good friend.  That's a blessing.  

How cool that you already have your party planned.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:26 AM

Robin, happy Penguin and Cheese day.  I envisioned a little penguin with a perplexed look on his face because cheese sauce was dripping down his face, lol.  Maybe he'd like the chocolate sauce better, lol.

I really enjoy these posts with the days.  Funny how it sticks with you all day.  It becomes part of my small talk with other people often.

I hope you have a great Sunday with your school work getting done sooner than you thought it would and plenty of time for things you love to do.  I am so excited about what you will do with my block, I can hardly stand it.

I've been doing the same with Diane's block.  I have ideas and all the materials gathered that would work with her block sitting next to each other and I play with them, each time coming up with another idea.  I really enjoy that process.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:43 AM

<> to everyone in celebration of National Hugging Day.    

I am off today but I'm spending the first half of the day at school with kids working on their projects and stuff.  I hope that we get a lot done.   I can't believe state is just a month and a half away.   Fortunately I'm not in panic mode yet!

Yesterday I worked until about noon and then I sat and stitched the rest of the day.  Got the path all the way around Laurie's flower's Still need to add at least 6 more blocks to make it even but I will probably add more after that.  Not sure where this thing is going to end.   It will be taking a back seat for a while because I started working on Linny's block yesterday and so that's on my front burner.   I am so amazed at the things I found on Linny;s block yesterday.  So many cute little elements that I had not noticed in the picture.  Also there is such beautiful dainty work on it.  

I hope things go well for Darlene and Tim today. 

Stephanie and Linny hope you both have a great day.

Diane happy stitching.

Lillie good luck grouting the tile. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:44 AM

It's National Hugging Day!  Now that's something I can get behind!

I got my dragon yesterday---he is lovely.  He is very light color and has some red near his ears.  I introduced him to my female, Nellie.  She came at him---attacking but not biting.  It freaked him out!  Anyway, back in his huge tank, he suddenly realized that Nellie is a female.  He (Guido) went crazy wanting to go back to see her.  Well he is a virgin of 6 years and is trying to figure out about the mating dance.  He got on top of her, trying to dominate her, which he did. But he didn't know what to do then.  Later he was biting on her neck trying to get control of her. He never got hold of her neck.  He is learning.  The next step is the real thing which he seemed to not get at all.  But he has made progress.  Having baby dragons is a whole new thing.  I would have to learn about it and buy an incubator.  Who knows?  He is a sweet little guy and already enjoyed lying on my chest and neck.  Much nicer than Nellie I must say.  I am happy!!!  I'll post pics soon.

Watching the inauguration---so interesting.  I hope to finish Lillie's block soon---will work more on it today.  

I hope everyone has a great day and gets plenty of hugs!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:08 PM

Wow, Diane, he's friendly.  Hug-able, even.  Much different that Tito.  How is Tito, anyways?  Guido will figure out the preservation of the species behaviors soon enough, lol.  Wouldn't that be so cool - to be a momma to a little dragon?   How exciting!

Happy National Hugging day to everyone.  Here is a virtual ((((((hug))))) for all of you.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:28 PM

Today Tito and Guido discovered each other.  What a scene.  Tito is highly excited and has not left my bedroom, upsetting Guido and he is pacing in his tank.  I hope things settle down soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:04 PM

Diane, here in Florida we have tiny little lizards that live everywhere.  It's fun to watch the males face off over territory because they proud themselves up on their front legs and display an orange/yellow part on their necks, like a little flag.  Then they press up and down.  It looks like they are doing push ups, lol.  Now that's fine because they are little and outside.  I don't know about large lizards protecting their territories.  Hopefully they will get used to each other soon.  I bet it's making you nuts with all that agitation going on.  What do you do if they confront each other? Can they damage each other?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:09 PM

It was so funny Linny.  My new guy, Guido, was doing that head bobbing thing like you described.  Quick sharp movements showing how big and bad he is.  And under his chin he was totally black---hence bearded dragon.  Tito was very cool, as he kept walking around the room just to get on his nerves.  Iguanas are more calculating and purposeful.  Finally Tito just went back to his habitat and fell asleep.  It was trying my patience but you know, they are going to have to get used to each other.  I'll never forget my first dragon Baby who I loved dearly.  Once when she was out of her tank early on, my then iguana, Rio, went over to Baby's corner and pooped.  Soon after, Baby went over and pooped in the closet where Rio stayed.  And that was the end of their discord.  They are funny characters. As you can see, I love to talk about them! 

I loved Michelle Obama's red dress for the Inaugural Ball.  When they were talking about her dress earlier today, I really thought  "I hope she wears red'!!!  She looks beautiful!  Like I did a few years ago, I'll be going down to the American History Museum when it's on display.  Her first dress was so lovely--tiny raised white flowers on a pale yellow dress.  And she wore lots of "diamond jewelry"  I'll try to find the pics to post.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:26 PM

Diane:
Once when she was out of her tank early on, my then iguana, Rio, went over to Baby's corner and pooped.  Soon after, Baby went over and pooped in the closet where Rio stayed.  And that was the end of their discord.
 ROFLOL.  I guess that once that sentiment was out they felt like they understood each other.  Too funny!

Diane:
They are funny characters. As you can see, I love to talk about them! 
 Yes, they are and I love to hear about them.  I've gotten plenty of entertainment from your stories.  

Diane:
I loved Michelle Obama's red dress for the Inaugural Ball.  When they were talking about her dress earlier today, I really thought  "I hope she wears red'!!!  She looks beautiful!  Like I did a few years ago, I'll be going down to the American History Museum when it's on display.  Her first dress was so lovely--tiny raised white flowers on a pale yellow dress.  And she wore lots of "diamond jewelry"  I'll try to find the pics to post.

You're so lucky to be close enough to go see them.  I didn't see her dress very well.  Most of it went on during the day while I was working and I haven't watched much news.  I did hear about the President's attire on the radio on the way to work...what he wears, why he wears it, etc.  The only thing that folks wish he'd stop is wearing his cell phone on his belt instead of concealed in his pocket.  He always wears blue or grey jackets, black shoes & socks, red or blue ties.  Not much variety.  Some of them encourage him to wear sharper or different outfits, but apparently he's very careful not to give any room for negative talk about his wardrobe choices.  I suppose a President has to mind that sort of thing.  He tells them it's more a matter of controlling/reducing the amount of decisions he has to make in a day.  

I look forward to you posting pics of Michelle's gown so we can get a good look at it.   

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 4:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

This should keep some of us busy:  National Answer Your Cat Day,  when your done with that you can reward yourself with a blonde brownie in order to celebrate National Blonde Brownie Day.

Spent a chunk of yesterday working on school stuff.   But finally quit and worked on Linny's block.   I am enjoying looking at everyone work so much.  I love the intricate detail of everyone works.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:18 AM

Robin, my kitty will be glad to hear this.  He's been talking to me so much I have to tell him to be quiet, but he never listens.  Tonight I will meow back at him and see what happens.  

Does anyone know what a blonde brownie is?  I can't believe there is a type of brownie I've never heard of before.

Hope you're having a good day at school, Robin.  I get a little excited every time I read you are working on my block. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 4:58 PM

Linny,

A blond brownie is heavy on the brown sugar and usually has chocolate chips.   They are thicker than a chocolate chip cookie.  My granny always made them with nuts instead of chocolate chips. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:39 PM

That sounds yummy.  I think I'd like mine with both :)

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:12 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you had a good night's rest.  I did!  

Today is National No Name Calling Day.   I found this from a friend on Facebook.  Liked it better than the list on Hallmark.   So I want someone to tell my students.  Haha!

Yesterday was a fairly good day Linny.  Thanks for the well wishes.   I just had a hard time wrapping my head around there not being a Monday.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday I get a planning period, so I usually have time to prepare for the long day that follows.  I didn't have that so I felt like I was playing catch up all day.  Also we had a surprise inspection from the lady at DOE, fortunately she is a very supportive person so that really wasn't that big of a problem.  Today is Wednesday so hopefully I get the odds and ends out to the way of tomorrow.

I hope Darlene checks in soon and let's us know how things are going with her family.

Diane,  I hope all of the critters in your kingdom are learning to get along with each other.    I didn't watch the inauguration on Monday.  But your comments made me have to go look up Mrs. Obama's Dress.  Your right it was great.  I liked the red much better than the white that she wore last time.  I have to agree that she is as very  tasteful, elegant lady.  She has been very successful with her political agenda to effect children's eating habits.  Our school lunches has made major changes which I think are good. Especially since some of my students count on us for two meals a day and those are the only real meals they get.

Where's Stephanie?  Hope she's not sick.

Lillie did you surviving the grouting?

The temperatures dropped to 32 overnight and we are only anticipating a high in the low 60's today.   This is a big change from the 70-80 degree weather we had last week. 

Have a great day. 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 327 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev325326327328329Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use