rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:00 AM

Linny t:
I like mine buttery, salty and with a little chocolate sauce on the side for dipping.  How do you like yours?

Yum! I think my fav is to put melted butter, lemon pepper and a splash of shredded parmesan cheese. Nothing fattening about that mix. LOL

In answer to Monday off myself. That would be a no. LOL.  Thanksgiving, and Christmas are usually it unless the others fall on a weekend.  It pretty much revolves around busy times.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:27 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
I like mine buttery, salty and with a little chocolate sauce on the side for dipping.  How do you like yours?

Yum! I think my fav is to put melted butter, lemon pepper and a splash of shredded parmesan cheese. Nothing fattening about that mix. LOL

Now, see, as I was reading this I was thinking it would taste good with chocolate dipping sauce on the side, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone!

Today I am rearranging my room a bit---actually the shelves ---because tomorrow evening I am getting a rescue bearded dragon.  I found him online and I was chosen because of all the experience I have with them and that I will give him attention.  I always have had 2 dragons at a time because the females hibernate for a couple of months and I miss them when they sleep all the time.  This one is a male so no sleeping problems. LOL  He will be right next to me where I sew and use the computer so I will keep him busy and we will watch eachother. LOL

I have been so interested hearing your stories about the salt water fish.  Do you ever watch the show "Tanked"?  I think it's amazing.  I had a freshwater tank in my 20's but none since---except goldfish.  Salt water fish are so beautiful!!  And I like my shrimp in a butter garlic sauce or dipped in cocktail sauce.  Love shrimp!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 3:03 PM

Diane:
This one is a male so no sleeping problems. LOL  He will be right next to me where I sew and use the computer so I will keep him busy and we will watch eachother. LOL

How fun for you! Maybe a friend will lighten Tito up a bit too. Can't wait to see a pic of the bearded dragon.

I think I watched that show Tanked a while back. If it's the same one I'm thinking of they made these beautiful custom made tanks. I rarely see aquariums in peoples houses here anymore. They have services here that will maintain them, but I think we have to many clientelle that only live here part time. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 337
Points 9,240

Diane:
He will be right next to me where I sew and use the computer so I will keep him busy and we will watch eachother. LOL

http://dogwork.com/igurk9    Hi everyone....I thought about Diane when I saw this on Face Book.  Check it out.   Can't wait to see your new buddy, Diane!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:08 PM

WOW Normajo----------that is one big, old iguana!!!  You can tell he's old because he is very stout like they get and he is well fed.  Once my first iguana and I was warn was on the table and ate a glazed doenut!  I used to feed her table food but was told it would make her sick so after I explained that to her, she never bothered with it again.  She used to run to me when I had a grilled cheese sandwich.  And I would give her some.  Amazing pets.  Thanks jo.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:31 PM

Diane, I can tell that you are just tickled about getting another bearded dragon.  I'm happy for you!  That he will be next to you all the time is fun.  That's interesting that the females hibernate.  I didn't know that.  How do they react to each other?  Will Tito rebel?   

That's funny about the shrimp.  I like them that way too, lol.  It was hard to keep up the tank.  I'd rather eat my sea food these days.  It's much easier.  Keeping fish is really another hobby.  I'm thinking your CQ block is as close as I'm going to get to an aquarium.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:40 PM

Oh, my goodness!  That iguana is huge!  He looked so friendly and had an almost happy look in it's eye.   Probably because he really likes Kix and Bananas, lol.  He was really eating that stuff up.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:40 PM

I am excited about the bearded dragon Linny.  But I have to ask---shrimp in chocolate sauce???  Now that's a new one on me.  How did that start?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,010
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:37 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Penguin Awareness and National Cheese Day.  

Although this is a weird combination I'm good with it since I like them both. 

Congratulations Diane on your new baby.   I feel like we need to throw you virtual shower for all of these babies you are taking in.   I guess once a nurse always a nurse.  These guys and gal are so lucky to have you and your caring heart.  

Jo,  that was such an awesome video.   I don't think I have ever seen one that big and that includes a trip to Mexico were they roam freely and you see them everywhere.

As for the popcorn and shrimp I love them both seasoned and covered in butter.   But I will also eat the shrimp fried, boiled, fricassee, in a box with a fox, on  a train in the rain, I like shrimp yes I do Sam I am.   Not sure I would like them with chocolate though.  

Linny and Stephanie,  I hope you both had restful and creative weekends.  Before you have work on Monday. 

I spent yesterday cleaning the house, cooking, visiting with Mom and working on Laurie's Grandma's Flower.   Since it's my first quilt in the UFO challenge, I'm trying to make sure I work on it a little each weekend.  I'll share when I've made some real progress.   I really just want to get this one off my unfinished list.

Today it's about school for the first few hours and then I'll probably go back and work some more,  I also probably play with Linny's block today.  I've got some ideas but I have put anything in place yet.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:22 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, are you going to have a party down there when the back splash is all finished?  

Yes, we're having a party on Feb 9. Ted has installed all the back splash. Now it's up to me to remove as much of the thinset as possible from in between the tiles and then grout. I'll start on thinset removal today. Hopefully on Monday I can grout.

My upcoming week it so busy. I really don't like it when I have too much on my plate.

We had a lovely dinner last night. Ted invited his boss up to spend the night. What a wonderful gentleman. I had a great time getting to know him. I made BBQ shrimp. Though it has nothing to do with being BBQ'd. It's cooked in the oven and doesn't have a lick of BBQ sauce on it. You eat it with your fingers. I'm glad we have some left so we can eat it while we watch football today.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:30 AM

Stephanie:

Salt water fish can be  pretty pricey. I had quite a few damsels (blue), clownfish (orange and white striped, a foxlady (vibrant yellow), a royal angel (beautiful blue with black), a fushia one and the cowfish that Paul caught in the ocean. Most of those were reasonably priced back then with the damsels only being a couple bucks apiece. The thing I found is that you have to be careful with the mixes. I pit a puffer fish in and overnight he had eaten four of my damsels over night. The man I bought them from said he'd take him back. It was a hoot capturing him in the net. He blew up twice his size and hissed. Scared me to death. I didn't know whether to hold onto the net or throw it across the room. LOL   

Stephanie-Your story really made me chuckle. 

We used to have a fresh water tank with lots of smaller fish in it. One day we put an Oscar fish in it and he started eating all the smaller fish. We went out the next day and got another tank just for him.  Whenever we fed him, we had to be extra careful when opening the lid, because he liked to jump out.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:35 AM

I would be totally freaked out having something that large on my table, or running around my house.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:52 AM

Diane:

I am excited about the bearded dragon Linny.  But I have to ask---shrimp in chocolate sauce???  Now that's a new one on me.  How did that start?

I'm not sure, but I think it's because I said I like popcorn with chocolate dipping sauce.  How it got transferred to the shrimp I can't tell, lol.  My Mom would say, "How do you know you don't like it until you try it?", but I don't think she'd have allowed me to consider chocolate with shrimp.  Now will I think of it the next time I eat shrimp?  Propbably, but today I'm on to penguins and cheese, lol.

Hey, it's good to mix up the mind sometimes.  It keeps us being creative thinkers, lol. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:55 AM

Lillie:

I would be totally freaked out having something that large on my table, or running around my house.  lol

I just think about how it'd react with the rest of my pets.  That thing looked like it was over 2' long.  My dogs would never speak to me again if I brought something like that into the house and my cat's feet would probably never touch the floor again, lol.

Diane, could that iguana have managed to get on the table by himself?

Linny T

Page 326 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev324325326327328Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use