My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:04 AM

We had a wonderful time last night at the UFO/Pajama Sewing group. There were 8 of us, including one man, and we laughed and talked the whole night. I only stayed until 8:00 as I was already exhausted before I left my house. This is a really great group of people. We already signed up for the next one in Feb and it's already full.  lol

I always wanted a salt water tank. But the fish are so expensive.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:09 AM

The back splash is coming along nicely. DH got about 1/3 of it installed while I was out of the house Fri evening. He thinks he'll get the rest of it completed this morning (Sat). Then it will be up to me to put in the non-sanded grout on Monday.  woohoo

Linny-have a fun day shopping with your sista. I love Sweet Tomatoes too.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:57 AM

Robin:

Yesterday was National Winnie the Pooh Day.  

So I shared one of my favorite Winnie the Pooh Quotes:

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smart than you think. "   

I just love Pooh Wisdom.  

Robin:
I love my crazy, sometimes almost tragic beautiful life.

You gotta love it, dear.  God gives you the grace and energy for it.  You have some of the most interesting things going on in your life.  You are such a giving soul.

Have fun with your Mom today.  It's a nice excuse to spruce things up.  Nothing like time with Mom.

I feel for your girls always either working or schooling.  It will all pay off in the end.  Audra used to have a class in St. Pete twice a week where she'd be driving after 10 on the interstate, but there was that "dead zone".  I always was relieved when her car pulled in the driveway.  Lot's of prayers went up for that.  God had her all the time.

National Popcorn Day, eh?  That's a good one.  I like mine buttery, salty and with a little chocolate sauce on the side for dipping.  How do you like yours?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:59 AM

Lillie, are you going to have a party down there when the back splash is all finished?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 27,110

Lillie:
wonderful time last night at the UFO/Pajama Sewing group

Lillie, this sounds like so much fun.  I am inspired to see about setting up similar with my friends.  I think this would be a great have some way to get some UFOs done and catch up with frineds at the same time.

Glad to hear that DH is making progress with your backsplash.  Can't wait to see the finished space.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 27,110

Linny t:
Darlene, good to hear your Mom is home and is feeling better.  

She got cleaned up and dressed yesterday while Tim and I were at the doctor.  She had a visiting physical therapist come in and felt she needed to be "decent" for him.  She has informed me that she needs to  have her apartment "straightened up" before he comes on Monday.  The cat had taken all her toys out of the box and had them strung across the apartment.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 27,110

Stephanie, reading about your family makes me smile.  You were not ranting.  It was so sweet to hear about these precious memories.

I think every family has their gems which were kept in the closet.  These are the treasures which families need to hold on to.

Thanks for sharing.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 27,110

Good morning friends.  Happy Saturday to all.

We are expecting high winds for the remainder of today and until 4 PM tomorrow.  Temps are down and then you add the wind chill.  Not pleasant to go out in.

I had hoped to stay in today but a dear woman from our church went home to her Lord this week and the funeral is today.  She was the aide in the pre-school at our church when Tim was in pre-school and was still there when Kyle was 4.  Kyle is off today and planning to go to the funeral.  There is a viewing time before the funeral and Tim wants to go to that.  I was glad to hear him say he wanted to go so I am going to make sure he goes.  Any time he wants to go some place these days, I do whatever I can.

We saw the doctor yesterday.  He seemed genuinely surprised that all this was happening.  We last saw him in November for the post op follow up and he believed Tim was doing fine at that time.  He was seriously concerned with Tim's lack of ability to smile, the weakness in facial muscles and the overall change since he last saw Tim.  He looked up Tim's nose with a camera thing and said things look good.  He is optimistic of the results.

We have the long test on Monday and see the Nurse Practioner at the surgeon's office on Wednesday.  They are still planning tentatively to do the repair on the following Monday.  We have been told to expect for 2 nights in the hospital but the doctor told us he thinks Tim will be feeling like himself by Valentine's Day.  Tim is looking forward to the possiblity of "puckering up" and kissing his honey.  He feels bad that he can't do that properly.  It has been a long haul and we are clinging to the hope we got yesterday.

Guess I need to get moving so that we can get to the church for the funeral.

Will try to check in later.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

I like popcorn so well that I order it on line from Farmstead Popcorn....I don't like boughten micro popcorn...too much salt. I bought a microwave popcorn popper and pop my own; then I spray Crisco buttery spray on it and use Kernel Seasons butter flavored powder on top of that.  I buy the popcorn in 15 lb. bags. I first bought a mixture of the different kinds of popcorn they sell and decided which one I liked best.  I liked the red popcorn best because it doesn't have as many hulls as some of the ones you buy in the stores.  I eat it almost every night instead of other types of salty snacks.  I drink diet tonic water w/lemon juice with it. The doctor said tonic water would help the cramps in my legs because it has quinine in it.  I does help!!  I couldn't drink it without a little spray of lemon juice; it tastes horrible by itself. George can't eat it because it upsets his colon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:27 AM

Robin,

It sounds like the girls are following in mama's foot steps with their busy lives.

Thanks for sharing the Winnie the Pooh quote. That series is one of my all time favorite childrens books. So many thoughtful lessons and cute characters. 

I've come to look forward to the National Day's. Most are fun to think about, and believe it or not I had popcorn for breakfast. LOL

Hope you have a great Saturday and weekend for that matter...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:33 AM

Darlene:

Linny t:
Darlene, good to hear your Mom is home and is feeling better.  

She got cleaned up and dressed yesterday while Tim and I were at the doctor.  She had a visiting physical therapist come in and felt she needed to be "decent" for him.  She has informed me that she needs to  have her apartment "straightened up" before he comes on Monday.  The cat had taken all her toys out of the box and had them strung across the apartment.

These are good signs of a recovery, Darlene.  Sounds like kitty was happy to be home, too.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:40 AM

Lillie,

The UFO sewing group sounds like so much fun. What a great way to start the weekend.

So tickled to hear your hubby did follow through and got so much of the backsplash finished. Woohoo, you're almost there!

Salt water fish can be  pretty pricey. I had quite a few damsels (blue), clownfish (orange and white striped, a foxlady (vibrant yellow), a royal angel (beautiful blue with black), a fushia one and the cowfish that Paul caught in the ocean. Most of those were reasonably priced back then with the damsels only being a couple bucks apiece. The thing I found is that you have to be careful with the mixes. I pit a puffer fish in and overnight he had eaten four of my damsels over night. The man I bought them from said he'd take him back. It was a hoot capturing him in the net. He blew up twice his size and hissed. Scared me to death. I didn't know whether to hold onto the net or throw it across the room. LOL   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:44 AM

Darlene, so sorry you have to go out in that weather and on top of it to say goodbye to someone so special to your family.  She must have meant a lot to Tim to want to go.  Just think of how many lives she touched in the pre-school.  Still, she's with her Lord now, so she is well and happier than her best day on this earth.

That's very hopeful that Tim will be able to smooch his honey on Valentine's day :)  Won't be long until he is back to his normal self.  It's been a long haul for both of you.  I'm sure it will be nice for you to see him smile again.  Although, I'm sure he's smiling on the inside.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:49 AM

Good morning to you Darlene.

So cute reading that the cat has officially moved back in to your Mom's place. LOL Hope she continues to keep feeling better.

That's so wonderful of all of you to attend the funeral today. She sounds like she dedicated her life to her preschool position at the church. I'm so happy that Tim wants to go too, and you can share her loss with the whole family together as well as members of the church.

I'm so happy that you have hopeful news about Tim's recovery. It tickled me when he said he wants to be able to pucker up and kiss his honey. So sweet.   

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and hope you will all find comfort in each other today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:53 AM

Jo,

Your version of the Farmstead popcorn sounds delicious. I've never heard of Farmstead popcorn. I'm glad you mentioned again about the tonic water. I've been starting to cramp up a lot with the weather change and think I could use a shot of that tonic water myself. 

Page 325 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev323324325326327Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use