My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:27 AM

No, we did not start the back splash on Thurs either. DH says he will start it on Fri morning.  I'm going to the gym, aqua aerobics, and then grocery shopping. I'm meeting a few girls around 5:00pm for an evening of sewing and kibitzing. lol  So, DH is on his own and will have to deal with the back splash on his own.  

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:37 AM

Stephanie:
Remember how good it felt for you to purge that stuff off your porch. I'm looking forward to the space.  
 Yes, I do.  Unbelievable how short a time it takes to accumulate, though.  I like to hang on to things, too.

Stephanie:
He wants to do salt water. I'll be thrilled to see it up and running. I love aquariums and we both have such fond memories of that fish he brought home from the ocean and what a showoff character it became. He's talking about having a service come in to do the set up and water changes. That would be nice.
 That would be nice.  I kept a saltwater tank years ago and it was a family thing.  We'd go out to the inter-coastal grass flats and just skim with nets.  We had a pistol shrimp, and anemone, and a lot of other interesting stuff.  It was hard work, but doing it as a family made it fun.  We'd bring home 5 gal buckets of salt water to keep that fresh....those were the days.

Stephanie:
We have bears from time to time but not grizzlies. It'd be fascinating to see one. The bears that are around usually just get into peoples trash at night. I've been keeping a close eye out.   They've warned that although the  cub is used to being around people, not to approach it. I don't think they'd have to worry about that out of me. LOL 
 Now I know that yours is truly a Wild Kingdom!  I'd be really wary about that little cub, too.  I bet you have to watch carefully with your doggies outside.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:02 AM

Darlene, good to hear your Mom is home and is feeling better.  Poor Tim must feel like he's lost a friend with the kitty being gone, but I bet your mom is happy to have that kitty to keep her company.  

As for you, well running all over the place as per usual, right?  Would you be bored if you didn't have to do that running around?  I bet you would.  8 degrees is too cold for me to fathom.  We dropped to 49 her and my winter coat came out this morning, lol.  

Another test, another week.  That's the part I don't like.  They seem to string these things out over so much time.  It's got to be maddening.  He's in my prayers, as are you and your Mom and Kyle. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:11 AM

Lillie:
I'm going to the gym, aqua aerobics, and then grocery shopping. I'm meeting a few girls around 5:00pm for an evening of sewing and kibitzing.
 Have to say, this sounds like a perfect day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:31 AM

Stephanie:
So funny, after she passed away, we went back to the house. My sister and I had to hold hands to go up the staircase to use the bathroom. We both were scared to death and swore we felt her ghost as we passed by her room. There was a chill and the hair on our arms stood up.We flew down those stairs like we'd been shot out of a cannon. I suppose that's normal when you experience death for the first time at such a young age.
 Wow, spooky.  Who knows, maybe she was there thinking you children should be sitting on the couch, not wondering about the place.  

Have you ever done Ancestry.com or anything like that?  I found it fascinating and I learned a lot about relatives just from that.  

Too bad that she wasn't affectionate.  She missed out on a lot.  Some people were raised like that and it's all they know.

When I think of Oklahoma, I think of wide expansive skylines and cornflower blue skies.  I bet you have dreamed of what it would've been like to grow up there on a farm.  They had tough time on farms during the dust bowl years, though.  If they were on that farm through that they are some tough, strong people.  

So many mysteries for you.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,650
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:42 AM

Lillie---I remember how hard it can be to get husbands to do things.  Especially when you really want it!!!  LOL

Stephanie---It sounds like you have had to  learned many lessons in your life, maybe more than most.  I believe we are here to learn those lessons in order to move on spiritually.  I think you have done so well with you life.

Normajo---best to you and your family through these trials.

Robin---I still marvel at all you do.  I envy you.

Linny---than you for all you do.  Keep a positive about your sister.  I am hearing every day stories about cures for cancer.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:24 PM

Lillie,

Water aerobics are so good for your back. Sounds like you have a fun evening planned. Hope you have a great time with the girls!

Linny t:
I kept a saltwater tank years ago and it was a family thing.  We'd go out to the inter-coastal grass flats and just skim with nets.  We had a pistol shrimp, and anemone, and a lot of other interesting stuff.  It was hard work, but doing it as a family made it fun.  We'd bring home 5 gal buckets of salt water to keep that fresh....those were the days.

That's so cool making it a family affair. I'll have to look up pistol shrimp, but I've seen pic's of anemone in National Geographic and they were really something to wonder over. Oh, yes, the five gallon bucket was our friend wasn't it. So you actually hauled the salt water from the beach? I bought the salt and would measure and fill the bucket with tap water and a chemical that neutralized the ammonia and chlorine. A typical tank change was 20 gallons.    

Linny t:
I bet you have to watch carefully with your doggies outside.  

In the news it said it weighed 125 lbs so that would be about Shelby's size.  I don't worry too much about the big dogs but the little ones I watch close. Hopefully with it being that small it probably has some fears still. It's just funny out here that people can have exotic bears, but they won't let some people have livestock. The County is too weird. LOL

Linny t:
 Unbelievable how short a time it takes to accumulate, though.  I like to hang on to things, too.

Well, you have Nate's toys and Audra's things too. Not that that's an excuse, LOL. I know we do well enough collecting on our own. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:34 PM

Diane:
I believe we are here to learn those lessons in order to move on spiritually.

I honestly, from the bottom of my heart, believe this. And God Bless you for saying it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:52 PM

Stephanie:
In the news it said it weighed 125 lbs so that would be about Shelby's size.  I don't worry too much about the big dogs but the little ones I watch close. Hopefully with it being that small it probably has some fears still. It's just funny out here that people can have exotic bears, but they won't let some people have livestock. The County is too weird. LOL

On the way home from work I heard on the radio that the little cub was found a couple of miles from it's owner.  Amazing how far the little guy got.  I thought to myself, oh, that's Stephanie's bear cub!  Glad they found him before harm came to him.  Poor little guy was probably scared - either that or thrilled to be free, lol.

Audra needs a house for her own things.  She'd be in trouble if I didn't have a garage, lol.  Every once in awhile I like to go out there and make sure I can still see the lawn mower, lol.

Such is life, right?

Stephanie:
Oh, yes, the five gallon bucket was our friend wasn't it. So you actually hauled the salt water from the beach?

Stephanie:
Oh, yes, the five gallon bucket was our friend wasn't it. So you actually hauled the salt water from the beach?
 We'd bring home 2 buckets every week.  We had a smaller tank than you did.  The pistol shrimp would make a loud snap noise every once in awhile.  I think he did it to keep the fish away from him.  Maybe he was looking for a friend, I don't know.  We also had a little brittle star.  The anemone was amazing.  I liked feeding it.  It grabbed the food with it's tentacles and pushed it into it's mouth in the center of the thing.  It was basically a pretty eating machine.  Fascinating to watch.  We fed it brine shrimp and it ate things out of the water.  It was a beautiful tank.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:58 PM

Linny t:
Who knows, maybe she was there thinking you children should be sitting on the couch, not wondering about the place.

LOL, I'm not sure, but we weren't gonna stick around and find out. My stepmother at the time had already spooked us enough with her childhood stories about this old barn and things flying around.

Linny t:
Have you ever done Ancestry.com or anything like that?  I found it fascinating and I learned a lot about relatives just from that.

I have never tried that. Might be fun one day to do something like that.

Linny t:
When I think of Oklahoma, I think of wide expansive skylines and cornflower blue skies.  I bet you have dreamed of what it would've been like to grow up there on a farm.  They had tough time on farms during the dust bowl years, though.  If they were on that farm through that they are some tough, strong people.

The reunions were so neat. We kids stayed with my favorite aunt one summer and learned so much. My great grandparents and family were cotton farmers. And My great grandma dipped snuff! ROFLOL. You'd have had to have seen her tiny self to even fathom that. LOLThe families would bring some very old memorbilia and tell stories of the past and experiences. Back in the wagon days, one of the male family members played a prank and switched babies in one of the wagons. The families didn't realize it until way into their trip home and had to keep each others babies until the next Sunday meeting at Church. LOL.We got to go  to that old church, and the people were so friendly and would come up to us and tell us stories about our mom when she was younger attending it, and singing in the choir. My aunt and her daughters sang in Sweet Adelines, and my aunt square danced and made the dresses to do it. Almost all of the aunts and great grands and aunts quilted, gardened and grew crops and the aunts all worked full time jobs and would lay out spreads of food like I'd never seen. I don't know how they did it!

I'm ranting, but you can easily see how my heart's desire would have been to grow up there.    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:03 PM

Diane:
Linny---than you for all you do.  Keep a positive about your sister.  I am hearing every day stories about cures for cancer.
 What a sweet thing to say, Diane.  It's my pleasure, really.  We are keeping positive.  I think it'll take her a while to really feel confident.  Now she gets to see what color her hair is, lol.  We're taking bets if it will be white or brown or mixed or curly or straight.  My SIL's hair came back curly and had patches of white.  Before it was salt and pepper and bone straight.  She was thrilled she didn't have to get perms and thought of it as a gift from God for going through the chemo. 

Tomorrow we're going to go out shopping together and have lunch at Sweet Tomato's.  I love that place.  I have a 50% off 1 reg. priced item coupon from JoAnn's that I want to use.  We didn't need too much of an excuse as you can tell.  Tomorrow is supposed to be beautifully cool, but not cold.  

TGIF!! and tomorrow's Saturday.  Yahoo!!!  The week was so long for me.  I thought Friday would never get here.  Anyone got any fun plans for the weekend?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:07 PM

Linny t:
Every once in awhile I like to go out there and make sure I can still see the lawn mower, lol.

Oh you poor dear! I remember the feeling when Paul was here. He could have afforded a storage unit, but thought it was a waste of money. LOL Maybe to him! LOL

Linny t:
The pistol shrimp would make a loud snap noise every once in awhile.  I think he did it to keep the fish away from him.  Maybe he was looking for a friend, I don't know.  We also had a little brittle star.  The anemone was amazing.  I liked feeding it.  It grabbed the food with it's tentacles and pushed it into it's mouth in the center of the thing.  It was basically a pretty eating machine.  Fascinating to watch.  We fed it brine shrimp and it ate things out of the water.  It was a beautiful tank.

Your tank sounds amazing! Pretty eating machine. LOL. I 'd have loved ot have seen that. Isn't it wild that the shrimp would make that noise?

Linny t:

On the way home from work I heard on the radio that the little cub was found a couple of miles from it's owner.  Amazing how far the little guy got.  I thought to myself, oh, that's Stephanie's bear cub!  Glad they found him before harm came to him.  Poor little guy was probably scared - either that or thrilled to be free, lol.

I just saw the news clip. Boo Boo is home. LOL. Oh gosh, those poor people are going to have heck to pay with the investigations now. Hopefully everything will go well for them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:44 PM

Linny t:
 Now she gets to see what color her hair is, lol.  We're taking bets if it will be white or brown or mixed or curly or straight.  My SIL's hair came back curly and had patches of white.  Before it was salt and pepper and bone straight.  She was thrilled she didn't have to get perms and thought of it as a gift from God for going through the chemo. 

I worked with a gal years ago at Publix. Her hair grew back in a beautiful brown and full of body, curly. She was thrilled too.

Hope you both enjoy your shopping day and have a great lunch. Sweet Tomato's is so good.

It was a long week for me too. So glad it's over.

Linny t:
Anyone got any fun plans for the weekend?

I have some work I brought home. Nothing big, just samples.  Mike's going to be working, so sewing is going to be my top priority in the morning. Do you have off to celebrate Martin Luther King day?  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:05 PM

Stephanie:
Do you have off to celebrate Martin Luther King day?  
 Nope.  I work in construction.  They never take a day off if they can help it.  I should have been a school teacher or a government worker.  They get all the holidays off.  How about you?  Do you give yourselves MLK day off?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,955
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 5:27 AM

Just realized my post from yesterday morning didn't save.   I hate when that happens!

I'm up and got to get to it.  My mom is coming to visit for a while today and the house is a weekday mess.  I wish I was a better house keeper but I'm just not.  My two daughters are good help but lately they've been slacking too.   I can't blame them to much.  They are both working as many hours as they can get and going to school.  Poor Laurie has one night with two classes back to back.  She doesn't get out until 10:00.  She then has to drive 30 to 40 minutes to get home which is not bad but since it's literally that many miles in through the woods in places where her cell phone can't get service it's a little iffy.   So it makes a late night for Daddy too.

Yesterday was National Winnie the Pooh Day.  

So I shared one of my favorite Winnie the Pooh Quotes:

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smart than you think. "   

Which applies to all of you in so many ways.  

Darlene--- Praying for your family.  I hope that Tim's procedure went well yesterday and everything is set for Monday.   Glad Mom is better hope she stays that way.

Lillie-- How did DH do with the backsplash?

Stephanie and Linny-- I hope your weekend is a restful and relaxing one.  I do have Monday off, however, I spending it at school with the kids who are doing competitions because it is time to get ready.   I love my crazy, sometimes almost tragic beautiful life.

Diane--- I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend.  Hang in there your spunk will return.  In the mean time treat yourself to a little pampering. 

Have a great Saturday.  Got to go get DH up or he's going to be late.  He is suppose to be at school at 7 to let the photographers in to set up for senior pictures, this is round two of this event.  

Oh by the way  Today is National Popcorn day.  So make sure you have a bowl or two. 

Robin

Page 324 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev322323324325326Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use