My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:54 AM

Robin, I get something called Thoughtful Quote of the Day in my inbox every day.   Your story about your Grandmother and Mom reminded me of it.  Your Grandmother believed it was so and so it was.  Here's the quote:  

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.

― Henry Ford
Your Grandmother was an amazing lady, sounds like.  It's not hard to see that you take after her that way.
Robin:
Today is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day!  Which is a day I can really get behind.
 Me, too.  I love strawberry ice cream.
Robin:
I really hate for someone to tell me what I have to do in my classroom.  Like you have to have this many assignments, you can't give a grade lower than ____ and stuff like that.
 Seems pretty unfair, especially considering the class you teach.  

Hope you have a totally awesome Tuesday, too!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:10 AM

Diane:

Stephanie:
How'd the Doctor appointment go? Are you still continuing to feel better?

My UTI is gone!!  I was so happy!  The doctors says the infection made me weak and shaky but it's gone.  I had a very good doctors appointment.

I started working on Lillie's block yesterday.  It's such a beautiful block  and I can't believe I'll be putting the finishing touches on it and it will be complete!

That's really good news, Diane.  So glad you're on the mend.

I can hardly wait to see those finishing touches.  I get to do the same thing with your block.  The photos of it really don't show just how beautiful it is.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:17 AM

Robin--what a great post about your wonderful grandmother.  I had a grandmother like that--she fought all of her life and attained so much. In her early 20's she went to art school.  She went to law school in her 20's but had pneumonia and had to drop out.  She had my father and a sick husband at the time. She worked at Macy's in New York as a buyer for children's clothing. Things were so different back then.  Finally she went into the army in WWII (at the same time my Dad was in) and after that she went to college and became an occupational therapist.  She loved crewel embroidery.  I loved her home---she had so many beautiful things that she made. I don't think she ever bought brand new furniture.   She taught me how to sew on an old black and gold Singer when I was 13.  At that age she had worked for a seamstress and learned loads of tips.  I made so many clothes for school that summer.  We shared that in common for years.  I often think of her when I do crafts and sewing.  She died at 94.  Such wonderful memories I have of her.  Thank you Robin.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:31 PM

Diane,

That's great news about the doc visit!

Your story of your grandmother was pretty incredible. It's so neat that she taught you to sew and that you made so many clothes at such a young age. She must have been thrilled to have you to share her love for sewing and crafting with. Beautiful memories. Thank you for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:33 PM

Linny t:
I've been making scissor fobs and key chains with beads.  Really, I think I like using the tools, lol.

Can't wait to see some pic's!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:34 PM

Linny t:
 Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.

― Henry Ford

Great quote! I think it's true too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:52 PM

Pretty uneventful day here. I've spent most of it cleaning. I decided to take all of the furniture out of the dining area and do a deep clean. I had jumped off a small ledge yesterday and my knee gave out and I did a roll in the dirt. LOL. Nothing injured but my pride, thank goodness. In my head I think I can still do these things. This getting old is full of hard lessons, isn't it? We're putting an aging  glaze on the whole outside of a very large house. It's rubbed on with a stain pad and stippled out with a chip brush. Lot of hand work.

Fortunately I ran out of carpet shampoo relatively early because I need to save my energies for tomorrow's work day. It's really funny to me how when I'm busy, I have the desire to take on more tasks. I had that whole week during Christmas and New Years and laid around like a couch potato. LOL Crazy.

The weather the last couple days has been perfect and a great time to work outside. The young hawk was back for a visit this morning, perched on the fence post basking in the sun. He spins his head around when I talk to him. I love the fluffiness of the feathers of young birds. Makes you want to reach out and touch them. I'm hoping over time, he'll get used to me so I can get some closer pic's. That'll be fun.

The pups are either watching out the window or hanging by the door waiting for "Daddy' to come home. As soon as they hear the truck they'll start their chattering and barking happily.    Bella usually starts it. She's perched on the back of the couch looking out the window very intently waiting for the first sign. They're so cute.

Hope you all have enjoyed moments in your day, and loved reading your stories.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:59 PM

Stephanie----how many pups do you have now?  Could you post a picture of them together?

Tito is still pretty feisty but I found a spot on his head that he loves me to rub.  It will calm him right down.  There are still some days when he want's nothing to do with me.

Iguana love-----tisk, tisk----lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:48 PM

Diane, that's just such a beautiful memory you shared about your Grandmother.  How lucky you guys are.  I never knew my grandparents.  I have a vague memory of my Mom's Mom, but she died when I was 5.  The rest of them passed before I was born.  I remember her letting me play with her hankies.  She crocheted around them and I used to pretend they were all beautiful ladies with magnificent gowns dancing and swirling around.  She starched and ironed all her linens, even her bed sheets.  Can you believe it? All her hankies were beautifully starched and pressed.  

I have some good news about my sister.  She is officially in remission and no more chemo.  They are going to recheck her in March.  Please keep her in your prayers because it's not gone, gone.  It's much smaller and shriveled and they are hoping it just dies and doesn't travel to another location or start growing again.  We are claiming a victory.  When she first started this she was about 2 months away from death.  She said she's afraid to openly celebrate, though.  She doesn't want to stop respecting it. I think it's a normal thing to feel that way.  Anyways, we all have only now that we are certain to be alive, right?  She's focusing on the now and the fact that she doesn't have to have chemo again and the icky shots.  Praise and Thanks to God in Heaven!

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:03 PM

Linny t:
She is officially in remission and no more chemo.

That's wonderful news! Happy dance for Barb and you too!!!!  I hope it dies away and she is looking toward a long lived, happy life. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:15 PM

Diane:
 That made me really LOL, Diane.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:16 PM

Diane:

Stephanie----how many pups do you have now?  Could you post a picture of them together?

I have four! And of course Otis my sixteen year old, oldie goldie cat. Shelby and Gabby are my rottweilers. Shelby's seven and Gabby one. Stetson and Bella are the Boston terriers we adopted from Paul's first girlfriend. Stetson is ten and Bella eight years old I believe. I have been trying off and on since Christmas to get a "family" photo. LOL. They were so cute in their Christmas hats. One had antlers, one with bulbs, One a pretty little Santa hat, and I can't remember the last. They were so excited and running around with their squeaky toys I never did get a good shot. I'll keep trying. It's nice when you can put a pic to the stories.

Diane:

Tito is still pretty feisty but I found a spot on his head that he loves me to rub.  It will calm him right down.  There are still some days when he want's nothing to do with me.

I was going to ask you how Tito was doing. You found his secret spot for calming him down. I'm so tickled for you that everything worked out for the two of you. Hopefully he'll mellow and  be sweet like your Baby was. Has he posed for you lately?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,074
Points 66,420
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:26 PM

Linny,

That's terrific news!  I am so happy for her.  I will continue to pray for it.   It is a sweet and precious victory.  

Thanks for the quote.

Diane,

Glad to hear that your UTI has passed I know they are really icky.   I've had several.

Love the stories about your Grandma she sounds like quite a gal.

Stephanie,

Awwwwww! Shucks  You made me blush.   Have two of your ice cream bars you deserve it.   But please watch were you step.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:29 PM

Linny t:
 She crocheted around them and I used to pretend they were all beautiful ladies with magnificent gowns dancing and swirling around.  She starched and ironed all her linens, even her bed sheets.  Can you believe it? All her hankies were beautifully starched and pressed.  

That's a neat childhood memory. I can just picture you swirling them around. I bet they were really pretty with the crocheted edges. I used to have to iron when I was young. All the clothes, all the hankies, table linens, napkins, pillowcases. I think my stepmom would have loved to have me iron the sheets too. That just didn't make sense to me when they get covered up with a bedspread. I know ironing sounds like a drag to most people, but I really enjoyed it. Bounce has a pressing product out now that is fragranced with my favorite Downey scent. Now ironing is even more pleasant. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:35 PM

Robin:

Awwwwww! Shucks  You made me blush.   Have two of your ice cream bars you deserve it.   But please watch were you step.

LOL. You're so cute. I may just do that. LOL I'm going to have to be really careful with my new trend of falling down, especially because this is a construction area and the ground is so uneven. I get focused on what I'm doing and lose track of where I'm stepping. After all these ice cream bars, I'll have plenty of padding to be a roley poley.LOL

Page 321 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev319320321322323Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use