rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:49 AM

Linny t:
Maybe we should start a site and claim a national day every day.

There you go! Have any thoughts for today?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I sure hope you have a wonderful one. 

Today is ........National Bittersweet Chocolate Day. 

Apparently in cat world it is National jump on the first lap you find whether they want you are not.

I'm running late but I had to pop in and say Good morning. 

Nothing really special on the calendar for today.    But to want to share that I was chosen as November's Teacher of the Month with you guys.  If your wondering why I've waited so long to share it's because ....I found out yesterday.   Sometimes we get a little behind with things at our school.   Anyway it was a nice thought and I appreciated.

I hope you all have a wickedly wonderful Thursday.    Get feeling better Jo, and Diane.  No more falling Stephanie.   Enjoy !

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:12 AM

Robin:
But to want to share that I was chosen as November's Teacher of the Month with you guys.  If your wondering why I've waited so long to share it's because ....I found out yesterday.   Sometimes we get a little behind with things at our school.   Anyway it was a nice thought and I appreciated.

That seems rude to wait 2 months and then say, "Oh, by the way, you were Teacher of the Month 2 months ago."  I mean, I'm sure you appreciate it, but why do they do it at all if they don't have time to do it right?  Oh, well, none of my business, really.  You are teacher of the month every month in my book, Robin.  Do the students vote or is it everyone?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:20 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Maybe we should start a site and claim a national day every day.

There you go! Have any thoughts for today?

Oh, you have to be having a good day to come up with these.  I can tell because the first one that came to my mind was national kick your boss in the a__ day, lol.  The thought of everyone doing that across the nation actually made me giggle.

How about National Thank God for Life Day?  That's noble.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,750
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:51 AM

Robin--congratulations on winning Teacher of the month in November.  So what does that entail?  Shouldn't you picture be posted somewhere where everyone could see what a great job you do?  It is late though.  Very laid back there aren't they! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 1:28 PM

Robin:

Apparently in cat world it is National jump on the first lap you find whether they want you are not.

LOL. Isn't it funny that their nature is to flock to people that don't look at them? People that don't care for cats think that if they don't look at them they'll stay away, and cats are polar opposite to this.

I'll go for that chocolate. LOL. Could be the best day yet. LOL

Robin:
But to want to share that I was chosen as November's Teacher of the Month with you guys.  If your wondering why I've waited so long to share it's because ....I found out yesterday.   Sometimes we get a little behind with things at our school.   Anyway it was a nice thought and I appreciated.

Congratulations Robin! Better late than never. Like Linny said, you're our teacher of the month every month. Hope you have two months now to bask in the belated glory before the next teacher finds out. At that rate, you could find out after retirement that you were teacher of the month for  years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 1:31 PM

Linny t:
I can tell because the first one that came to my mind was national kick your boss in the a__ day, lol.  The thought of everyone doing that across the nation actually made me giggle.

ROFLOL. I could have given mine a can of "Whoop a_ _ " this morning myself. LOL

Linny t:

How about National Thank God for Life Day?  That's noble.

Now there's a more southern gentile thought. Maybe we can do both. LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 9,295

Have any of you had a bad experience with Missouri Star Quilt Co?  I have had two......The first time I ordered paper piecing papers for the Wacky Web Quilt and was suppose to get 100 pieces and only got 60.  I called them and the girl I talked to said she would have to check on sending me the ones that were missing and call me back;  no one ever called back, so I made my own papers.  Just the other day I ordered some things from them and when I recieved them, there was one pen missing from the order. I called them and had to leave a message and asked them to call me back.  No one has called me back yet.   In the meantime I found the pen that I thought was missing; but they don't know that.  I like watching Jennie's tutorial's, but not the way they seem to do business.  I don't like people that don't do business like they should.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:05 PM

I haven't ordered from them, Jo, so I don't know first hand.  Maybe you could complain higher up the food chain or write a letter or something.  I'm sure someone there would want to know what you've gone through.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:47 PM

Congratulation Robin on your Teacher of the Month award. Hope they give you a month, with pay, off! Wish they had given you the award in November.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:53 PM

Jo,

I have purchased a pattern from MSQC and the instructions were very convoluted. I was disappointed in the pattern. I had to go back and watch the tutorial to get all the instructions I needed.

Next time keep bugging them until they make it right. You deserve to get everything you paid for.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:56 PM

normajo1030:
Have any of you had a bad experience with Missouri Star Quilt Co? 

Jo,

Sorry to read about your experience with MSQC. I have placed several orders with them and have not had any issues. I know there were some with the yardage in the kits for their first sponsored mystery quilt here on QCA, but they made good on all of them. That's a lot of paper pieces to have to make yourself! Wow.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the congrats. Both I and the teacher of the month for December were announced at the same time so I guess we'll share the month of January.   I actually got a lovely basket of goodies with a saying on each one.   Like on a 100,000 bar,  You're worth a 100,000 to us.  There is a bulletin board where pictures are posted for the Teacher of the Month.   I'm actually the one who makes sure that happens,  so I'll get it up there sometime next Monday when I have a planning period.  

The holiday of the day is kinda interesting in many ways.  But Linny I really like your take so maybe you should do your own calendar.  It might be such a winner Hallmark would hire you.  I certainly think they could use a little help in this department..

Have a nice evening everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,750
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:14 PM

Stephanie:
Sorry to read about your experience with MSQC.

The prices seem expensive to me.  My favorite online fabric store is Keepsake quilting.  They have beautiful fabric and the prices are reasonable.

I have had issues getting on here today.:o)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:15 AM

Good Morning,

It's Friday!   I love it.  Two days of rest and play coming up.

Hoping to get around to designing what I want to do on Linny's Block this weekend.   It has so much lovely work on it I'm just not sure what to add.  I like the idea of waiting for a couple of months before we start the next block.  

Today at school it will be club day so I will be meeting with students who are interested in going to state this year and nailing their feet down about getting things done. 

According to my friend on Fb today is National Jump in a Puddle and splash your friend,  so you can all considered your self virtually splashed.

Have a Fabulous Friday.

Robin

Page 318 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev316317318319320Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use