rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:11 PM

Lillie:

Linny, You could put out another post, after we've received our blocks back home, and see if there is interest from others. Then we can decide on a format once we know how many would be participating.

Yes, that's what I'll do, Lillie.  Things change over time, don't they?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:23 PM

Diane:
I'm still shakey and feverish and drinking all day.  Taking cranberry capsules and drinking water and cran juice.

That's the thing about UTI's.  You have to go through the cleaning out process.  All that pollution from not urinating correctly builds up.  It takes awhile to get back to normal.  Nothing to rush.  My UTI's would turn into kidney infections in 24 to 48 hours.  That pain is horrific, so every time I felt one coming on I'd call the Dr. right then and there.  Otherwise I'd be needing someone to carry me to the ER, dreading every bump in the road on the way there.  I spent so much time at the Urologist's office that for awhile I wanted to go to school to become one.  That was back when I was in my late teens.  Sometimes I wish I had.  I'd have a very different life if I did.

Have you ever tried sassafras root tea?  It works very well and very fast.  Thing is you shouldn't drink it regularly.  Some people do, but that's not good for you. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:29 PM

Stephanie:
It's so hard to know with kitty's. Otis will do that when the water bowl is empty in the kitchen, or has a hair in it. And their timing! I had a cat that would jump up and start licking my nose while I was sleeping. One night after three times of putting her off the bed, she got mad and hopped up on my ankles. She waited for me to raise my head and look at her and took a whiz on me. I swear she waited for me to feel it soaking through the sheets and hooped down and hid. It's funny now, but I wanted to strangle her at that moment. LOL

That's so funny, but I have to tell you the thought of that happening crossed my mind when he was doing it.  I had a male cat once and he loved me so much he always wanted to include me in the territory he marked off for himself.  Not a fun experience as you know.  I never strangled him, but like you I wanted to, lol.  

I got to thinking about it and I think maybe he was telling me that Audra's cat, Molly was in her bedroom with the door shut and couldn't get out. She has been leaving the bedroom door open, but last night she had it shut.  He just tends to Molly so much.  It's sweet, really.  His water and food seemed okay.  Like you say, hard to tell with kitties.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:46 PM

I haven't tried sassafras root tea.  Does that help with the pain?  I don't have kidney pain just urethral pain.  Motrin and tylenol help.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:55 PM

Yes, but not because it's a pain reliever.  It removes the impurities and that helps the swelling and irritation go down.  You should read up on it.  I don't know how it would react with your other medications, but being a nurse, you could probably discern for yourself.  It works as a blood cleanser and purifier.  In the 70's experiments on rats showed that super-large doses of the oil in it caused tumors in the liver.  Thus, the FDA ban on it's use in medicines.  I got the dried roots from the health food store and made sun tea with them, wrapping them in cheesecloth.  If I boiled water to steep it, I strained it very well through a filter.  It shouldn't be used to prevent UTI's.  I would make a gallon of it and drink it in a day when I felt burning.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:47 PM

Thanks for the information Linny.  So can you buy it in teabags?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Diane,

I saw that in a bottle that was a concentrate to mix with water to make tea at the grocery store.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Linny t:
Molly was in her bedroom with the door shut and couldn't get out. She has been leaving the bedroom door open, but last night she had it shut.  He just tends to Molly so much.  It's sweet, really.  

Sounds like that very well could have been it.

I know I've mentioned before that Shelby (oldest rottie) will go in and slam the bedroom door shut. Now Gabby (youngest rottie) goes right behind her and before the door  shuts all the way pounds it back open with one of her paws and lets Shelby back out. Animals are too funny. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,265
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I trust everyone had  a restful night.  Mine was a little more like a restless night.  I just couldn't get comfortable.  The Hallmark Calendar has let me down on the today's national day.  Static Electricity and Play God Day do not really excited me.   I'll have to look for a better calendar if they keep this up.  Punchbowl. com declares this as National Apricot Day.   I think I can go with this one.  I'm not a big apricot fan but this one does hurt me one way or another.

Diane, have you tried uristat, it an over the counter pill that relieves the burning sensation and such.  I have read about some negative side effects if taken in excess so I usually only take one a day but it seems to do the trick for the pain and burning.  

Stephanie,  Your dogs have such great personalities.  I really get a kick out of reading about them.  

Linny,  I never knew that about sassafras. 

Lillie,  Congrats on being so close on the basement, like Stephanie I can't wait to see pictures.

Yesterday we started the mad rush to finish projects for the state level competitions which are in March.  So after school I have kids making no sew hat and scarves for little old ladies at the senior citizens center and alphabet cards for a group of preschoolers at the local elementary school.   It was a long day.   But a productive one so that was good. 

Stephanie,  you mention my ability to cook dinner each night.  It doesn't happen as often as I would like but I do try.  Otherwise we eat some pretty sorry meals.  Our small town is short of places you can go and get a full meal at a decent price.  We have a barbeque place, a Mexican place, a couple of home style restaurants (most of which are closed by dinner time), 3 pizza places and the rest fast food.     Every night is not a meal meal at my house like last night was breakfast for dinner, eggs, grits and bacon.  

Well,  time to get ready for school.   I hope you all have a good day no matter what day it is.

Happy Well Known Wednesday!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Diane:
Old age is not for sissies as they say, but I often feel like one.  

I sooo agree with you, Diane!  I have been feeling sick at my stomach for about 3 weeks and thought it was part of the withdrawl from Lyrica, but my doctor had put me on Metformin (for diabetes) and I happened to read the side effects for it and a nauseated feeling was one of them, so I quilt taking them last Friday. I am still not feeling very good, I guess it may just take a while to get out of my system.  I am not sure I even needed the Metformin.....I was testing my glucose with really old strips ( I didn't know they could go bad), but the pharmatist said they could.  I am going to keep checking it with the new strips and see what the readings are for a while. I had been taking the Metformin for 3 weeks.  The only good thing is I have lost five lbs. since Jan. 2 because I haven't felt like eating much.  Hurray for that!!    Now just to keep it off.  I have joined this "Biggest Loser" on a Skinny Fiber site from fb.  I haven't even received it yet, so I am ahead of the game. lol  We have our first week weigh in today.  Please excuse my misspelling, I can't find my dictionary.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:40 AM

Diane:

Thanks for the information Linny.  So can you buy it in teabags?

I don't know.  When I used it I didn't even look.  I haven't had a UTI in many years, so who know what they have and don't.  Check your local health food store.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:44 AM

Stephanie:

I know I've mentioned before that Shelby (oldest rottie) will go in and slam the bedroom door shut. Now Gabby (youngest rottie) goes right behind her and before the door  shuts all the way pounds it back open with one of her paws and lets Shelby back out. Animals are too funny. LOL

That's too cute and funny.  How does Shelby feel about it?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,400
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:52 AM

Robin:
The Hallmark Calendar has let me down on the today's national day.  Static Electricity and Play God Day do not really excited me.   I'll have to look for a better calendar if they keep this up.  Punchbowl. com declares this as National Apricot Day.   I think I can go with this one.  I'm not a big apricot fan but this one does hurt me one way or another.
 I get Static Electricity because it's winter and that's a good time to shock and be shocked by it and for it to play games with a hairdo under a wool scarf or cap, but Play God Day?  I think that's horrible.  I know some folks who think every day is that day, though, so I suppose some like it.  How in the world did they come up with that?  I'm with you.  I like apricot day better.  

I have breakfast for dinner often.  Sometimes it's just a bowl of cereal.  Depends on how big I eat for lunch.

Happy Well Known Wednesday to you, too.  Hope you're having a good school day.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:58 AM

It's so funny that every day has one or more names!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:14 PM

Linny--I didn't say this yesterday.  I am sorry that you had to go through all of that pain.  And so happy that you were able to get a correction for it.  When I was in my early 20's I had spastic colon and was on meds than included a minor tranqulizer.  I had to learn not to take my anxieties out on my body.  I am still learning.  In your case it was something that needed to be corrected.  I'm saying---glad they could help you.

Page 316 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev314315316317318Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use