My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:33 AM

Thank you for all of your well wishes.  I do fell a little better today and have a doctors' appt tomorrow so I'll be able to bring in all the blood work results from the ER. 

I am packing up Stephanie's block today and plan to mail it tomorrow.  It's looking beautiful Steph!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks for the comments on my stash. It will be fun using some of the  colors of silk.

Robin, I bought these and a clear glass collection on Ebay. I figured since I didn't have any when I started this, and I don't get into town to shop much, it would be a good inexpensive way to build some stash. Sounds like you have had a busy day even after sleeping in. I hope you feel better too. The fronts like this have my sinuses and left ear irritated.

Linny t:
I have bought the household assortment of screws, nails, etc. and combined them with another just to have the storage container for CQ and beading stuff.

What a great idea.

Linny t:

All this talk about tools makes me want to clear out the garage so I can get back out there and play, lol.

I asked Mike to take down a ceiling fan for me today. (Getting smarter as I get older) True to his character he brought in his tool bag and emptied it on the table and left everything there. Then he did yard work and left all the cutters and gloves right inside the door. I don't know how he'd live without me to pick up after him. I always teased him that when we first met and I saw his closet, I should have known I'd be in trouble. LOL.

I took all the salvageable screws and washers out of it. The fan itself was broken so I pitched it. That's going to be the extent of my tool time for today.

Linny t:
Today I put away Christmas.  Now I'm washing all the rugs, etc. and will wash the floor while that's going on.  After that, who knows.

Sounds like a productive day for you too.  

Diane,

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I know it takes time with antibiotics to get back to full steam. I can't wait to see my block in person!!!! And thanks for the reminder. I need to print my label for Linny's and get it mailed out.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:05 PM

Stephanie:
I don't know how he'd live without me to pick up after him.
 That must be part of how he needs you to tell him you love him :)

Sounds like you did some heavy duty work today.  Hope you took time to rest, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:07 PM

Diane, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better yet and it always eases the mind to have results from blood work, doesn't it?  Get plenty of rest and clear liquids.  (Just thought I'd give you some of the "nurse" routine I'm sure you have given to others plenty in your life.)

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:
That must be part of how he needs you to tell him you love him :)

He has so many good points too. I was just in one of those "don't pass it up pick it up" modes yesterday.  

it turned out to be a productive day with cleaning and spiffing up. It's a constant with all my lovely furbabies. My older brother called and said he'll be popping in for a short visit in February. Yay! I'll look forward to that.

Busy day today, must get ready.

Hope everyone has a great day for a Monday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
have a doctors' appt tomorrow so I'll be able to bring in all the blood work results from the ER. 

Prayers for you that everything goes well for you today at the Doctors. Keep us posted...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:13 AM

Good Morning my find Quilting Friends,

I am excited to read all about the busy beavers club that you all have formed.   It seems you are all being so productive.   I hope you all have a fantastic Monday.  We are headed back to regular work day today.   The kids will come in with their excuses for why we shouldn't work today, but back at we go.  

So I'm up and rolling checking all the post and found out our two National days are..................

National Rock Day  or National Tempura Day or you can combine them and have National Tempura Rock Day.

Blessings to all of you who are headed to the doctor today.   I pray that you receive nothing but the best medical care.  I hope that you will receive good news and if you have to wait it is not long.

Stephanie,   Sometimes I think God made woman with a heighten sense of the "pick it up" mode because he knew the children and husbands that lied ahead in our lives.

Linny,  You were a very busy beaver hope you are not too sore today.

My house was covered in rain so although we were all productive it was a quite day.    After I finished the little bit of work I need to have ready for today.  I shortened the sleeves on the second chef jacket and then sat and worked on my March square all afternoon.   I did cook supper, which we all seem to enjoy Pork Loin, Broccolli, Pasta and Baked Sweet Potatoes (just for me, no one else likes them).    It was good.  I find I do so much better when I make a menu for the week and post it on the calendar in the kitchen, then there is no discuss about supper when I get home it's just go in and fix it.

Here's wishing everyone (including my students) a very Mellow Monday.

Robin

Oops I almost forgot to tell you!!!!!   I was going through my buttons yesterday hunting some for the block I'm working on when I came across two buttons with Eskimos on them.   One is slightly broke but I'm still going to find a use for them.  It was in a jar of old buttons I got from Pennsylvania years ago.   And I remembered I had seen them before I just forgot I had them.  I try to take some pictures and post later.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:06 AM

Robin:
National Rock Day  or National Tempura Day or you can combine them and have National Tempura Rock Day.
LOL

Robin:
I find I do so much better when I make a menu for the week and post it on the calendar in the kitchen, then there is no discuss about supper when I get home it's just go in and fix it.
 This is such a good idea for anyone with a family, Robin.

You could put your Eskimo buttons on your RR block when you get it back.  I bet they're cute. I look forward to seeing them later.

Hope you have a mellow Monday, too!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:09 AM

Stephanie:
it turned out to be a productive day with cleaning and spiffing up. It's a constant with all my lovely furbabies. My older brother called and said he'll be popping in for a short visit in February. Yay! I'll look forward to that.
 I understand about spiffing up with furbabies.  Yahoo about your brother coming in Feb.!

Hope you have a mellow kind of busy Monday.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:27 PM

Stephanie - I put Robin's block in the mail today.  It should be there by Thurs. Please let me know when you get it.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:02 PM

Diane, I put Lillie's block in the mail today - 3 to 5 days they said.  Should be there Thursday, so keep an eye out for it.  Let me know when you get it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:11 PM

Thanks Linny---I'll watch for it and let you know when I get it.  On my end, I didn't get to the post office today and plan to mail it tomorrow.  I just didn't feel good today.  I even missed my doctor's appointment.  I am hoping to feel better soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
 I even missed my doctor's appointment.  I am hoping to feel better soon.

Oh Diane, I'm sorry to hear this. Hope it's just the side effects of the antibiotics and not something more serious. Will they reschedule soon for you?

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:
The kids will come in with their excuses for why we shouldn't work today, but back at we go.  

I can relate.LOL

It sounds like you had a productive Sunday yourself! Your pork loin sounds delicious. I got Mike and Paul enticed into eating sweet potatoes when I split them and mashed butter, Saigon cinnamon and brown sugar into them. They're so good for you. I don't know how you have the energy to go home every night and fix dinner. God Bless you for it!

Robin:
National Tempura Rock Day.

I had a craving for tempura battered cod today and had it for lunch. Is that real rocks or rock music? LOL. Do unloading a few bricks I recycled from a job work? LOL

That's so cool about finding eskimo buttons. What are the chances, you'd have them in your stash! It would be cool to have them on your block with the fabrics you bought there.

I mailed Linny's block to you today.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:43 PM

Diane:

Thanks Linny---I'll watch for it and let you know when I get it.  On my end, I didn't get to the post office today and plan to mail it tomorrow.  I just didn't feel good today.  I even missed my doctor's appointment.  I am hoping to feel better soon.

I'm sorry you feel so bad, Diane.  Did you reschedule your appointment?

Linny T

Page 313 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev311312313314315Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use