My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:57 PM

Diane, I'm so glad it wasn't an ulcer or anything worse.  I didn't know that about Pepto.  Good to know.  I had stomach issues after eating all the rich food over the holidays.  Nothing a clean diet won't fix.  I used to get UTIs all the time when I was younger.  They found that I had an infantile urethra. They had to fix it (ouch) but after that no more problems.  It's good you slept.  Rest is sometimes the best medicine.  If you need to stay home tomorrow, don't feel bad.  Your health is important as you know better than anyone.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:01 PM

When I left for the gym this morning, the birds were chirping and singing away. Even though it was only 18 outside, the sun was shinning and they were happy. It was such a wonderful sound to hear. Reminds me of spring and summer. It's been unseasonably warm here and very little moisture. We still have snow on the ground. Yesterday I saw a few bees buzzing around. Too bad it wasn't wasps! I'd much rather have bee's than wasps.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:05 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
I'd really like to have a nail gun. I can't drive a nail in straight to save my life. And I don't always want to wait for DH to do it for me.   lol

I know what your saying. I had to build a couple boxes when I put those cabinets up. What a PIB it was to try to nail them together. It took forever, and they'd bend. I must have one. LOL. I have projects waiting to be built. I'm trying to talk Paul into buying a table saw. LOL. He has more storage room in his garage. I've used the Lowe's commercial jargon. "We can build things together!" as my persuading comments.

I'd love it if Ted and I could build things together. That would be a total blast. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to be helpful. I have taken a couple of wood working classes at our LLY and built a few things that we use on a daily basis. It was really fun and there were more women than men in the class. And, all of the women knew absolutely nothing...just like me.  8-)

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

So sorry to hear you spent 6 hours in the ER. Thank God it wasn't anything serious. Thanks for the info on the Pepto Bismal. I hope the antibiotics kick in and knowck that UTI out in a hurry so you can feel better real soon.

I've been struggling through getting past all the rich foods too and have been taking prilosec for about a week now. Like you, I'm just not used to all that rich food and so much of it. It was fun while it lasted.  

Hope you're feeling well enough to make it to church.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
When I left for the gym this morning, the birds were chirping and singing away. Even though it was only 18 outside, the sun was shinning and they were happy. It was such a wonderful sound to hear. Reminds me of spring and summer. It's been unseasonably warm here and very little moisture. We still have snow on the ground. Yesterday I saw a few bees buzzing around. Too bad it wasn't wasps! I'd much rather have bee's than wasps.

Sounds wonderful Lillie. I love those crisp fresh days like that with the birds singing along happily. I love bees. In mythology and relating to CQ symbolism they are the messengers to the underworld ( a place where the souls of the recently departed go, afterlife) and signify immortality and resurrection. I thought that was pretty cool. 

I find their honeycombs fascinating in the design and precision, especially since they all work together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

I'd love it if Ted and I could build things together. That would be a total blast. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to be helpful. I have taken a couple of wood working classes at our LLY and built a few things that we use on a daily basis. It was really fun and there were more women than men in the class. And, all of the women knew absolutely nothing...just like me.  8-)

I think it's really cool that you took a woodworking class and that there were more women than men. I think if anyone has an interest like that there should be no holes barred for the man/woman thing. Good for you. I love it when my carpenter friends are on a job. It's been a great experience for me to watch and learn. They love to talk about their toys. LOL 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
 I could never touch Ricky's tools when he was looking because he wouldn't let me.  They were like his Holy Grail.  He would always say that was his job.  Such a chauvinist.  He spoiled me.  I used to tell him he was my tool, lol.

LOL. I love the chivalry of him. If I waited around for Mike to get around to it, I'd have been waiting a long time. LOL He just never got into that sort of thing.  I get mad when he borrows my tools. He doesn't have a problem getting them out, but he doesn't put them back. I had a perfect little tool kit and would laborously make sure that everything was in it's place. He had one too, lost all of his parts, and when mine came back it was missing half the stuff in it. I'm sure they're probably in one of his 5 gallon buckets that he throws everything together in. I've given up fretting over little things like this. For $20 I'll buy a new one.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Chatty today. LOL

Yesterday I spent the full day working on Spring Block. Forging ahead with my quest to finish the UFO's. It's pretty neat to look back and see the inexperience in some of my seam treatments and I had done quite a few machine stitches on it, that barely seem visible. I think if I ever do one with machine stitches that I will use as a real quilt, I'll buy a heavier weight thread. No plans for that right now. Keeping focused on UFO's.

It's really foggy here today. 40 percent chance of rain. We need it. But I can tell it's going to be one of those days that I'll have every light on in the house. If for nothing else to stay awake. LOL

A little eye candy: My latest button find and Hand Dyed Fibers ribbons:

Hope you all have a fun day.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:01 AM

Oh Diane. What a pain to be in the hospital for 6 hours! I'm so glad to hear that there was nothing seriously wrong and that they gave you antibiotics for the UTI. You should stay home and rest. Not do anything strenuous, just look at magazines.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:05 AM

Stephanie!  Look at all your beautiful STUFF!!!!  The ribbons are lovely and so many buttons. Did you have fun sorting all of them? I purchased a few items from her. I forgot to take a picture and post of the lovely's I received. They are still in a pile. I should spread them out and take a picture today.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
Did you have fun sorting all of them? I purchased a few items from her. I forgot to take a picture and post of the lovely's I received. They are still in a pile. I should spread them out and take a picture today.

I haven't sorted the new stash yet. LOL. I'll save that for when I'm sitting here with idle hands and bored.  I have one more collection coming, all clear glass and that should set me for a while with buttons, unless I find some I can't live without. LOL

I hope you will post a pic of yours too. I'd love to see the colors. Her site isn't the best for giving you an idea of them. I like big pic's. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:29 AM

Ooooh, Stephanie.  So you did finally get your HDF ribbons.  Mercy, look at those beautiful buttons.  I can hear them clacking and sliding across each other.  And look at the sheen on that ribbon.  Love the colors.  Can't wait to see what you do this this stuff.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:12 AM

Good Morning One and All,

Little later posting this morning because I roll the bum (me) out of bed and took her to church.   Haven't been in quite a while so it was a bit of a struggle especially with the drizzly day we are having.   Can't complain though we need the rain to badly.   Anyway I plan on spending time today with needle and thread as soon as I have everything ready for tomorrow.   Got a couple of odds and ends to prepare for the kiddies. 

Diane,  So sorry to hear that you are so sick.   I've had UTI's in my life time and they are no fun.   I hope you are feeling perky again soon.

Stephanie,  I love your stuff.  Where do you do your button shopping at?

Lillie,  Birds are so funny aren't they.  I had one just the morning informing me that I need to refill the bird feeder.  And when the sun comes out again I just might do that.

Spent yesterday working on my March block.  Didn't feel so perky.  I swear when the pressure is changing for these fronts I just feel terrible.  Oh well, it could be much worst.   I also shortened the sleeves on one of my chef jackets for school, went to the grocery store (yuck!) and finished up the laundry.  Not a remarkable list but had to be done just the same.

Today is National Bean day or short bread.   Thank goodness there's a choice.   I'm not much of a bean fan.

Have a Blessed Sunday Everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:35 AM

Stephanie:
I love the chivalry of him.

That's what I miss about him the most.  

Stephanie:
 I've given up fretting over little things like this. For $20 I'll buy a new one.   

I like buying those things.  I look in that department every time I'm at a store that carries them.  They have some of the best storage containers.  I have bought the household assortment of screws, nails, etc. and combined them with another just to have the storage container for CQ and beading stuff.  I have my little sets of tools, too.  I"m trying to teach my DD to put things back where she gets them.  I guess I deserve this after struggling with the same problem most of my young years.  I probably taught it to her.

All this talk about tools makes me want to clear out the garage so I can get back out there and play, lol.

Today I put away Christmas.  Now I'm washing all the rugs, etc. and will wash the floor while that's going on.  After that, who knows.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:09 AM

Wow Stephanie----what a great addition to your stash!!  The ribbons are so beautiful!  I love the colors you chose.  It's so exciting to get such beautiful things.  I'll be interested to see how you use them.

Page 312 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev310311312313314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use