My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:47 PM

Jo, I sure hope you can get off this Lyrica so you can loose weight.  Will you need to take something to replace it so the pain doesn't come back?  

Your Cat quilt turned out huge.  Too bad you have to wait to get it quilted.  Any chance of posing a picture for us to see it?

I've been to West Virginia - just passing through - and it's a beautiful place.  I didn't know it was called Wild West Virginia, though.  I hope you have a wild wonderful weekend, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:03 AM

Good Morning all of you Wild and Wonderful Woman,

I can see from all the post that when you miss a little you miss a lot around here.  I also see that I'm on the short end of the stick when it comes to power tools.   I've got none, unless I can count Donn's that I borrow from time to time.   Yes, I'm one of those wives who borrow and tell more after the fact than before.  Usually to keep him out of my business.  You know how they are always sure you need help with that.   Anyway sounds like I' m missing out on a few things.    I also had never thought of using old jewelry.   What a cool idea.  Something else for me to collect.

Today is National Bird day or National Whipped Cream Day.  I'll let you ladies pick which one you want to celebrate, however if you get both of them together things might get a little messy. 

My load today is a little lighter than planned as one of the DD did some of the laundry yesterday, so I only have about four loads left.   Of course I have a skirt to finish alternating for her and three pair of pants to hem.  We are also going to a wedding for one of by former state officers today, but outside of that it's school work and hopefully a little of fun sewing. 

Jo,  I wish you the best of luck with getting off the Lyrica.  Can't wait to see how your cat quilt turn out.

Linny,  I'm wishing Barb the best of thoughts as she goes through this last round of shots and final PET scan.   I naming and claiming it.

Lillie and Stephanie,  You to are such a hoot with your buttons and baubles.  You've given me some of the best ideas.

I hope you all enjoy your wild and wonderful weekend.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:08 AM

Stephanie:

LOL, I got a brad nail gun. LOL. I did want it though.

I purchased one of those many years ago. I'm amazed how much I still use it. I'd really like to have a nail gun. I can't drive a nail in straight to save my life. And I don't always want to wait for DH to do it for me.   lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:11 AM

I'm opting for National Whipped Cream Day!  woo hoo!!!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
I like to use it out there in what was his Man Cave because he had a workbench all set up for that kind of thing.  I have bamboo growing in my back yard and once took a piece and made a needle keep.  I have no idea where it is now, though.  The tool worked great for cutting it.  I remember that I felt so clever making it, lol.

I don't know how I keep missing these posts, but that is so cool that you made a needle keep out of the bamboo in your yard. One day when you come across it, you'll have to post a pic of it. Also cool that Ricky has left you a great work bench set up to play on. You are so creative, my friend! 

Linny t:

I have a few beaded and sequined evening bags.  One of them is really old and not in the best shape, but I kept it so I could copy the pattern on it.  I have to admit that I did have the thought about deconstructing it for CQ.  

LOL. Nothing is safe in our world. LOL. I have one with a broken handle. Hmmm, fix the handle or deconstruct. LOL

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
There's an Ikea near me - up in Tampa.  We're going to take a trip up there as soon as Barb is done with her treatments.  It should be soon.  She had her last round of chemo this week.  She gets the icky shot on Monday.  Then on the 14th I think she has another PET scan.  She'll get the results on the 17th. Hopefully she won't have to have any more.  We were going to go before Christmas, but she was so tired.

Finally, the last round for Barb! I hope this does it forever for her and tleaves her cancer free for life. I'm really happy for her that she has come so far and is doing well.

Hope you get to make that trip to Ikea. The price on those little holders on their site is $4.95 for three. Very reasonable and then they list them on Amazon for $14.95 for a set of three. Robbers.LOL Hopefully they'll change and offer them online for those of us that don't have stores close. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
Yes, I'm one of those wives who borrow and tell more after the fact than before.  Usually to keep him out of my business.  You know how they are always sure you need help with that.

LOL! Now I know how Mike felt when I knew he was trying to use them. I don't bother offering to "help" him anymore. He's come a long way, and I have more interesting things to do with my time.

Robin:
Today is National Bird day or National Whipped Cream Day.  I'll let you ladies pick which one you want to celebrate, however if you get both of them together things might get a little messy. 

This is fun to know the celebrations of each day. Much as I love whipped cream, I'm opting for the birds. The yard was full of plump Robins this morning. I was going to try to capture a pic, but as soon as I opened the screen door they all flew off. Maybe a feeder may be in my future?

Robin:
You to are such a hoot with your buttons and baubles.  You've given me some of the best ideas.

I wish I had started this hobby years ago. Although I might have to have a bigger house. LOL

Hope you enjoy your wild and wonderful weekend too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
I'd really like to have a nail gun. I can't drive a nail in straight to save my life. And I don't always want to wait for DH to do it for me.   lol

I know what your saying. I had to build a couple boxes when I put those cabinets up. What a PIB it was to try to nail them together. It took forever, and they'd bend. I must have one. LOL. I have projects waiting to be built. I'm trying to talk Paul into buying a table saw. LOL. He has more storage room in his garage. I've used the Lowe's commercial jargon. "We can build things together!" as my persuading comments.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

I'm opting for National Whipped Cream Day!  woo hoo!!!

You're not helping my dieting resolve. LOL. Glad we had a choice between that and birds. I'm still not over my craving for pumpkin pie. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:25 AM

Robin:
  Yes, I'm one of those wives who borrow and tell more after the fact than before.  Usually to keep him out of my business.  You know how they are always sure you need help with that.

Yes, I do know the theory of wives who borrow power tools when the husband isn't looking.  I could never touch Ricky's tools when he was looking because he wouldn't let me.  They were like his Holy Grail.  He would always say that was his job.  Such a chauvinist.  He spoiled me.  I used to tell him he was my tool, lol.  After he passed I found comfort in spending time in his Man Cave and touching all his tools.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:27 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I'm wishing Barb the best of thoughts as she goes through this last round of shots and final PET scan.   I naming and claiming it.

Thanks, Robin.  We are all naming it and claiming it, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:32 AM

Stephanie:
Finally, the last round for Barb! I hope this does it forever for her and tleaves her cancer free for life. I'm really happy for her that she has come so far and is doing well.

Thanks, Stephanie.  We are really happy about it, too.  She was telling me the other day that when she went to the hospital for her biopsy the people there talked to her about last wishes.  Can you imagine that?  I just thank God in heaven that we have this hope that she will be okay.

We're going out for breakfast today- I know it's late, but she doesn't sleep well sometimes and she's come to sleeping when she can.  She told me this morning she was up at 4 AM crafting and then went back to sleep around 8.  I immediately thought about you, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:43 AM

Robin:

Well, now I think there's no reason to choose.  I can eat whipped cream while watching the birds, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:45 AM

Stephanie:
I'm trying to talk Paul into buying a table saw. LOL. He has more storage room in his garage. I've used the Lowe's commercial jargon. "We can build things together!" as my persuading comments.

Stephanie, this is an excellent strategy.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:45 PM

Hi everyone----yesterday I went to my gyn for a normal check up.  He said I looked tired and got short of breath easily.  I told him that I have a hx of ulcer and are now having black stools.  He sent me to the ER for a workup.  I was there for 6 hours.  The staff was wonderful though.  The black stool turned out to be because I had been taking Pepto Bismol for about 5 days.  Apparently it can turn it black.  Also they found a mild urinary tract infection which I had been flushing out.  It's the 2nd UTI that I've had in my life.  So they gave me some antibiotics for that.  I slept until 1pm today----I was tired!  Now maybe I can get back to normal.  I think all of the rich food for Christmas threw my body for a loop.

I'm going to take it easy today and maybe (maybe) go to church tomorrow.

• Post Points: 35
Page 311 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev309310311312313Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use