rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:48 PM

Stephanie:
The metal ones remind me of an old fable of counting coins.
 The tale of the miser comes to my mind, lol.  I think I'll draw the blinds and  fondle my buttons some tonight, lol.

Stephanie:
Paul said he almost threw it away. I had a fit, LOL and told him he'd be throwing away a piece of history and nostalgia! Since then he said his friends have commented on how cool it is. See there. These things may have skipped a generation and next thing he knows all of his friends may be collecting jars and attaching them to shelves, just like old times. LOL
 I hope so.  It's such a great "green" idea.  I like the idea of having them on the bottom of a closed cabinet.  

Stephanie:
Just for reference to see what I'm talking about with the magnet containers: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80102919/

That's pretty cool.  Another reason to make a trip to Ikea.  I would have to have them wall to wall, lol.  No, really, that's a great idea for spices.  Think of having them up under a cabinet near the stove or on the wall.  What a space saver!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:53 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

There is no such thing as having too many buttons! Same with lace, trim, and fabric!  lol

Amen to that. And where does it go from here? feathered sequin boas, crazy shoes, purses and Hats? LOL

LOL, I collect broken jewelry.  Anyone else?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:34 PM

Linny t:
Since I joined QCA I can only think of a couple of projects I've actually finished.  I always get so inspired by what others are doing on this site that I want to make what others are making, too.

Me too Linny. Like I want to make that little thimble pouch you made.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:36 PM

Yes I started collecting broken jewelry and onesies earrings and such.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:40 PM

I know, it's cute, isn't it?  I just love it.  Lillie, do you already know how to crochet?  If so, it's really easy.  The hardest part is that it's so tiny.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:46 PM

Lillie:

Yes I started collecting broken jewelry and onesies earrings and such.  lol   Oh, joy.  I'm not alone, lol   Wait 'till I tell my daughter.  She' thinks I'm weird for collecting stuff like that.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

Linny t:

Lillie:

Yes I started collecting broken jewelry and onesies earrings and such.  lol   Oh, joy.  I'm not alone, lol   Wait 'till I tell my daughter.  She' thinks I'm weird for collecting stuff like that.

You're not alone. LOL. I have a very small collection of porcelain bride dolls and one has a really beautiful sequined dress that I have been eyeing for CQ. LOL Shame on me! LOL I tell you, when you start this CQ, there's no end to looking at things differently, is there?

Mike got me a dremel tool for Christmas. I promise not to drill tiny holes in any rocks and attach them to RR blocks. LOL 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:12 PM

Stephanie:
Mike got me a dremel tool for Christmas. I promise not to drill tiny holes in any rocks and attach them to RR blocks. LOL

Why not? LOL  

It's true that there's no end to looking at things differently.

Boy, Mike knows you alright.  All he has to do is get you cool tools and he's got a winner of a gift.  I have one of those except it's an industrial one that Ricky had.  I love it.  It has plenty of power and every kind of fitting you could think of.  Of course I can't hardly get to it in the garage since Audra's moved her things in there.  I like to use it out there in what was his Man Cave because he had a workbench all set up for that kind of thing.  I have bamboo growing in my back yard and once took a piece and made a needle keep.  I have no idea where it is now, though.  The tool worked great for cutting it.  I remember that I felt so clever making it, lol.

I have a few beaded and sequined evening bags.  One of them is really old and not in the best shape, but I kept it so I could copy the pattern on it.  I have to admit that I did have the thought about deconstructing it for CQ.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:56 PM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Oh, you are absolutely not alone and definitely not weird!

I got a Dremmel tool set last year for Christmas. Last year for my birthday I got a new super heavy duty cordless drill.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 9,320

Lillie:

I got a Dremmel tool set last year for Christmas. Last year for my birthday I got a new super heavy duty cordless drill.  lol

Who said women didn't like gifts that "plug in" for gifts?    I always thought I would like one of those Dremmel tools sets; but I don't think I need one now.  I am just going to concentrate on sewing          

I don't know if I mentioned that I wanted to get off Lyrica or not.  Anyway, it is addicting and I have been on it for years and I hated the way I felt, if I forgot to take it,  I told the doctor that I wanted to know how to wean myselt off of it and he told me to not take any at night, take 2 neurontin at night and just take the one Lyrica in the morning for four days and then just stop.  I thought that that sounded like too short a time;  but it is working. Maybe I will finally be able to lose some weight, because Lyrica makes you gain. 

My "cat quilt" is ready to take to the quilters, but I called her and she said she is swamped and to call in 2 weeks. It ended up 115"  long  x  110 wide.     Hope everyone has a "wild, wonderful weekend".   Our state motto is "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia.         Jo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

Linny t:
The tale of the miser comes to my mind, lol.  I think I'll draw the blinds and  fondle my buttons some tonight, lol.

ROFLOL. I missed this earlier. What a hoot!

Linny t:

That's pretty cool.  Another reason to make a trip to Ikea.  I would have to have them wall to wall, lol.  No, really, that's a great idea for spices.  Think of having them up under a cabinet near the stove or on the wall.  What a space saver!

The only drag about them is you can't order them online and I don't have a store near here. I'd have a whole open cabinet if I put spices in them and stuck them on the fridge, or under a cabinet. I thought they'd be pretty on a bulletin board filled with beads, if you had the space to do it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

Lillie:
. Last year for my birthday I got a new super heavy duty cordless drill.  lol

LOL, I got a brad nail gun. LOL. I did want it though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

normajo1030:
 I don't know if I mentioned that I wanted to get off Lyrica or not.

I hope this helps you to lose some weight and still feel well. I've really started watching what I eat. Especially the chips. One thing at a time. I'm also balancing for every not so good thing I eat I have to eat a fruit or vegetable. Weight loss is such a lifestyle change for me that I have to take it in baby steps.

normajo1030:
My "cat quilt" is ready to take to the quilters, but I called her and she said she is swamped and to call in 2 weeks. It ended up 115"  long  x  110 wide.

Awesome! Way to go getting the top all finished. I would imagine the quilter got busy with Christmas quilts and the holidays herself. Can't wait to see it!

normajo1030:
Hope everyone has a "wild, wonderful weekend".   Our state motto is "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia.

Hope you do the same. Wild for me is staying up past 9 anymore. LOL. It's ok, I'll take it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:39 PM

Go, Lillie!  

I have a cordless drill that has a pivoting head.  It's great in tight spots.  I don't use it for much except hanging curtain rods, etc.  Still it makes me not need to beg someone to come over and help me.  A great little invention.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,176
Points 111,405
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:07 PM

Stephanie:
The only drag about them is you can't order them online and I don't have a store near here. I'd have a whole open cabinet if I put spices in them and stuck them on the fridge, or under a cabinet. I thought they'd be pretty on a bulletin board filled with beads, if you had the space to do it.

There's an Ikea near me - up in Tampa.  We're going to take a trip up there as soon as Barb is done with her treatments.  It should be soon.  She had her last round of chemo this week.  She gets the icky shot on Monday.  Then on the 14th I think she has another PET scan.  She'll get the results on the 17th. Hopefully she won't have to have any more.  We were going to go before Christmas, but she was so tired.  

I really love the idea of a bulletin board full of them with beads in them.  It would be pretty and inspirational as well.  I'd also like to have them on the wall above my stove.  I hear you about a whole cabinet emptied for getting the spices out of there.  I might actually use more of the spices if I didn't have to sift through to find them.

Linny T

Page 310 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev308309310311312Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use