My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:36 AM

Oh, i bet it's the day where if there's any fruit cake left you should toss it, right?

I didn't mail out Lillie's yet either.  I am done and posted a pic, but need to get over being back to work.  Lots to catch up on.  Still, had to take a sec. to come read your post to cheer me up.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:47 AM

Lillie, here's a review from Mary Corbet's Needle n' Thread about Cosmo floss.  I've never used either, but  Valdani is a good brand.  Expensive, but good.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Darlene:
Robin, I was right there with you.  I also missed the ball drop,

We did not miss the drop Robin, but we watched it drop on the east coast @ 10 our time :) The boys did not know the difference, so all was good... LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Good day to all. 

The sun is shining in WNY and it is cold but we have had dry roads and clear skies for our jaunts back and forth to the hospital.

Yesterday was the long day of the tests.  We arrived at the hospital at 8 AM and the last scan was done around 4:30.  Part of the procedures were unpleasant but not entirely a terrible day.  Tim had an uncomfortable night with little sleep but was a trooper and ready to go again this morning.

We had to be at the hospital this morning at 9 for scans, blood work and waiting to see if they would repeat the scans today.  Around 10:30 they told us that he was done for today and they would call us to tell us whether we needed to come in tomorrow for more scans.

Half way home the tech called and told Tim that we were done with scans.  Now we wait for results.

He was exhausted when he arrived home and has gone to bed.  This is the best thing for him right now and so I will let him sleep.  Probably more mental exhaustion that physical but still exhausting.

I enrolled in Craftsy's Scrap Quilting class with intensions of watching it during my long day at the hospital.  I lugged my lap top with me all day and never logged on.  I also took an 800 page hard cover book which I got for Christmas 2011 and never read.  The book ended up winning.  I am now about a quarter of the way thru the book and don't want to put it down but need to do other things so I will.

Hoping to get thru the first lesson on the Scrap Quilting class this afternoon but afraid that I will get engrossed in it and not want to put the computer away.  I really need to sew.  I have a custom order for a table topper for the Aritsan Shop which needs to get finished and I need to decide which baby quilts I will take in to replace what I pulled out for my Open House.  Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.  I would prefer to not have to make any but I must.

Hope that you are all having a great day.  Stay safe if there are flying Fruit Cakes in the neighborhood.  By this time of the year they could be deadly weapons.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:47 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, here's a review from Mary Corbet's Needle n' Thread about Cosmo floss.  I've never used either, but  Valdani is a good brand.  Expensive, but good.

Thanks Linny. That was very helpful.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Hi girlfriends,

I was going to post and work my way front to back with posts, but the site is so slow that I'm just going to do last post first and see how things are going in the morning,

Lillie,

I have some Valdani perle #12. I have been using it on my wool mini wall hanging. My good friend Sandy and I first spotted them at A Sewing Expo in the Primitive Gatherings Wool Booth.  I love the colorations for these, but have found the hand of it to be a little nubby and more easily tangled compared to others. Perfect for wool hangings. Haven't used them for CQ to differentiate.  Still, that said, you get a lot for the money I think for hand dyes, and the colorations themselves are really pretty and consistent. I have included a link to Valdani Inc for anyone interested in their products and reviews. 

Have a restful eve everyone, chat tomorrow.... 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:11 PM

I can not believe how slow this site has been tonight.  I've been trying and trying.  So, I'm just going to say hello and wish you all a good night.  Thanks for the Valdani info. Stephanie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,530
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:22 PM

Just wanted to share a pic of my little tiny thimble pouch.  The paperclip is just there to give you a sense of the size.   This is one of the things I did with my last day of vacation and if it's true that what you do on New Year's day I'll be happy.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:59 AM

Darlene:
Kyle was here for some of the sorting and has declared that there is no need for me to purchase buttons for the rest of my lifetime.  He has no idea what buying buttons means to a CQr.  Right up there with other embeliishments.  Can we ever have too much??  Not in my mind!!

LOL.Next thing you know he'll be telling you like Paul did me. That he was going to turn me into an episode of hoarders. LOL

Darlene:
I am thinking about going thru each jar and pulling out some of the "special" buttons and mixing them back up.

I like this idea. I like the thought of having them in jars too.

Darlene:

I think my buttons will be a never ending source of something to sort.

Sounds like you have quite a collection.    

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:05 AM

Linny t:
 Linny---this is gorgeous.  How did you make it?  Is it tatted?  Love the blue beads.  so delicate!

Just wanted to share a pic of my little tiny thimble pouch.  The paperclip is just there to give you a sense of the size.   This is one of the things I did with my last day of vacation and if it's true that what you do on New Year's day I'll be happy.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:

I love this!!!!! I did a close up of it and wow! All the beading and fine lacy crochet. It's tiny awesome!

Thanks for the link to Cosmos threads. Love MC. Her latest post for back stitch vs split stitch was very informative.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Darlene:
He was exhausted when he arrived home and has gone to bed.  This is the best thing for him right now and so I will let him sleep.  Probably more mental exhaustion that physical but still exhausting

Darlene,

Bless both your hearts for having to go through this. Sounds like grueling long days. Thank goodness no more scans for today! I'll keep him in my prayers. You too!

The scrap quiting class sounds like fun. Nice that you have a custom order, and things are selling.

Darlene:
Stay safe if there are flying Fruit Cakes in the neighborhood.  By this time of the year they could be deadly weapons.

ROFLOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

What are the odds of both of us being up at two in the morning answering the same post?  LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Stephanie, thank you for your kind words about Tim's tests.

I have tried multiple times to post a reply to your comments about my buttons but they have been lost each time.  guess I can't get fancy with the quotes, etc.

The jars are great.  Most of them are from the gravy I have been buying to make Tim's food so he can swallow it.  Everything must be covered in sauce or gravy and I do not make gravy well.  So I have resorted to purchasing jars of gravy.  This time of year it is on sale most every week and I had coupons so I didn't feel overly bad spending money for it.  I also recently cleaned out my pantry and found some jams in fancy jars which were out of date.  I ran everything thru the dishwasher and they were ready to repurpose for my buttons.  I really do have more buttons than I see using for a very long time but I love buttons.  Always loved playing with my grandmother's buttons as a child.  Could sit by the hour and sift thru them.  It was so comforting to me.  Silly but true.

I can't find my camera right now but I will post a picture when it comes out of hiding.

I slept after signing off this afternoon and now I am unable to sleep.  I have gone on-line and paid my bills and caught up on my e-mails which I cannot read on my phone.  I have watched more of the scrap quilting class and still unable to sleep. I actually watched most of the lessons before napping this afternoon.  There was a considerable amount of buffering in one lesson this afternoon so I watched that again just a little while ago.

I played solitaire and now I am frustrated because of this site.  Doubt I will sleep tonight.  So frustrating.  I would sew but Tim needs to sleep so I am trying to be quiet downstairs.

Wishing everyone a Fabulous Friday. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Darlene:

I have tried multiple times to post a reply to your comments about my buttons but they have been lost each time.  guess I can't get fancy with the quotes, etc.

I thought it was just me. I've had to highlight them backwards to get them to work. LOL

Darlene:
Always loved playing with my grandmother's buttons as a child.  Could sit by the hour and sift thru them.  It was so comforting to me.  Silly but true.

I don't think it's silly at all. I find them the same way. I had an aunt that had a glass box that had all sorts of buttons and odds and ends that she'd let me play wth. Those were the days...

It's really neat to read about the jars. I'd love to see a pic.

Paul has this old cabinet in his garage that I fell in love with. The previous owner had taken wide mouth glass jars and screwed the lids to the bottom of the cabinet. He had sorted screws and misc in each jar and when he needed one he could see readily what was in there and would just unscrew the jar off it's cap and he was good to go. I could see this concept so easily in a craft room.

I hope you're able to catch some more sleep. I really need to do the same.  Hope the site is better tomorrow.... and that you have a fabulous Friday yourself.   

Page 308 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev306307308309310Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use