My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Robin:
I have to  confess I missed the ball dropping in time square due to an abundance of sleepiness

Robin, I was right there with you.  I also missed the ball drop,  I tried but had to surrender and I just turned off the TV and went to bed.

Today is a day of quiet reflecttion while I stay home and work on some household chores that have been neglected.  Laundry has piled up over the last week.  I was doing so good doing a load each day to keep caught up but the holidays put that on the back burner.

I learned how to reboot the internet at home this morning when I couldn't get on the computer.  Tim took me upstairs and said "unplug this, unplug that, wait 30 seconds, plug this in, plug that in, wait 10 minutes and try again."  It worked successfully and now I am able to do this if needed.  Nice that he is having the confidence in my ability but scary that he feels need to share these type of things.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:

I just want to say Happy New Year to all of you.  Some of us have spent the whole year knowing each other and some we joined in along the way.  We've all done some pretty amazing work together and shared our lives- for the better or for the worse- with each other.  I call that great friendship.  You are the wisest women I know.  You all call me to excellence, both in my craft and in my self as a person.  I'm proud to call you all my friends. 

I pray that God shines His face on each of you in the new year.

Linny, thank you for these wonderful wishes. 

You have put your thoughts so eloquently that there is nothing I can add.  This group has been so supporting during the last year and I cannot imagine having a better group of friends.  What a blessingeach and every one of you are in my life.

Wishing each of you a wonderfully prosperous year in the year to come.

May we all have a year of creative moments, healthy living and wonderful wealth in family and friends.  If the Lord deems it to be, let us not worry about finances

For those who must return to work tomorrow, enjoy your last day of being home.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

I don't know what I can add to the wonderful sentiments that you ladies have expressed......just know that I agree with all of them many times over. 

We had George's cousin and his wife and two lady friends from church for dinner last night. I made pork, sauerkraut, applesauce  and a cottage cheese salad that George makes.  He chops up onions, radishes real fine in a little chopper adds them and diced fresh tomatoes to cottage cheese. It is something I never heard of till I came down here. I also made a key lime pie.  It is the first time I made it and it was delicious.  So easy .....Mix 1/2 cup lime juice with one can sweetened condensed milk, beat till well combined then fold in one 8 oz. thawed cool whip.  Pour into graham cracker crust. This made two pies even tho' it said one. It said refrigerate, but I froze mine.  Really good!!       Everyone left about 10:30 p.m.; George and I cleaned up the kitchen, watched Y & R and went to bed about 12:30. 

Sammy was on my chest when it was time to go to bed and I kept talking to him saying, "it's time to go to bed" and he kept complaining (cat complaining) and when I finally started moving he growled. I think he was in a bad mood because our little party upset his normal nighttime routine, plus it was 1 1/2 hours past his bedtime. We were all up at 7:30.

Happy New Year to all of you.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

normajo1030:
I think he was in a bad mood because our little party upset his normal nighttime routine

Jo, how cute that Sammy expressed his displeasure with you upsetting his routine.

Your party sounds like it was a good time.  Glad that you had a chance to share the New Year"s Eve with some dear friends.  Your pie sounds good.  Will have to try that when Tim is up to pie again.  I must admit that I miss desserts but I am probably better off skipping them for a while.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:31 PM

Normajo---sounds like a great dinner!  It makes me wish I had been there!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:54 PM

Ladies. I tried to stay awake until 8:00pm. I didn't make it.  lol  I was awoken at midnight by barking dogs and booms in our hood. I said Happy New Year, rolled over, and went back to sleep. I was thinking about taking a nap, but decided against it today.

Been doing a little sewing on Robin's block. Oh, maybe I have Stephanie's block. Sorry, I can't remember until I turn it over and see the name on the back. I'm going to need every second until Jan 7 to finish my part on this block.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:26 PM

It was so sweet to read through the posts from today.  What a great bunch you all are.    

Today I continued where I left off yesterday with the scissor fobs.  I made a cute little crocheted thimble holder.  It's with very thin crochet thread my mom left me and it is with seed beads.  I had to use a magnifying glass the whole time.  The old eyes aren't what they used to be.  I'll post a pic when I get the camera back out.  Other than that I didn't do much today.

Last night I dozed off at some point sitting up in front of the TV.  I was awakened by the same sounds that woke all of you up...dogs barking...fireworks exploding...and something else... automatic gunfire.  That was a first in my neighborhood.  Then I heard sirens and the gunfire stopped, thank God.  It wasn't close like on my street, but that sound is unmistakable.  I called my daughter in NY and then went to bed.  I didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning and that was to the feel of cold doggie nose on my face, lol.  Poor dogs had to hold it today.  I can just see Lillie saying to Lucky, "I can't hold it any longer.  I'm going to go wake her up!", lol.

Robin, it's funny how they edited Mr. Clark's first name out, isn't it.  That's a hoot!  I used to watch that every year, but like you I started not liking the entertainment.  I watched an old movie, and to tell you the truth, I don't remember much of it.  I must have nodded off relatively near the beginning.  

I am going to have to try hard to remember how to wake up for work again tomorrow morning.  Back to the grind.  I am so looking forward to retirement.  I still have a ways to go.  I never thought I'd be sorry I'm not old enough to retire, lol.  Hopefully they won't move the age out further.  Well, at least we didn't go over the fiscal cliff, right?   

Diane, I am lucky to have the "fearless leader" spot here.  It's an honor, really.  I've never been sorry that I accepted it.  You all say that you have learned so much.  Well, I have, too, from all of you.  The best part of it, next to the friendships, is to see all your talents blossom and grow.  We encourage each other to take risks and push ourselves outside of our comfort zones.  It's all so empowering, isn't it?

Here's to the start of another year.  May it be prosperous and rewarding.  I wonder what we'll all be posting this time next year.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:30 PM

Jo, thanks for the key lime recipe.  I'm going to try that one.  George's cottage cheese salad sounds interesting, too.  I've never heard of it, but I bet it's good.  That's so cute about Sammy.  He's got such a little personality.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,400
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:35 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.   You know the old saying is whatever you do New's Day you will do all year so I made a point to sit and quilt all day.   I finished the last Harry Potter square,  pulled out March and started to work on it but couldn't get an idea for the next section, so I pulled out Laurie's Grandma's Flower took pictures of it and posted it for the UFO challenge and worked on piecing on it the rest of the day.    So I should be quilting the rest of the year, but alas I do have to go back to work tomorrow and I have a meds check up today. 

Darlene,  I'm sure it is a little frightening for Tim to be turning over little responsibilities like resetting the router to you.  I can only imagine what you and him feel like at times like that.   But I pray that the Lord will give you both peace and wisdom, in the matters.  I sure as soon as they fix the leak he'll start returning "his" responsibilities.  But I understand what you are saying because it is  the same way in my house, routers and printers and networks are Donn's domain.  We simply seem to think that he can fix it all and we can't do anything.   Hang in there,  we're here if you need us.

Jo,  Sounds like you when the outstanding hostess award.  You've given several big dinners and they all sound delicious and delightful.  Isn't it funny how indigent a animal can get if you upset the routine?   It's almost as if they were the owners.

Diane,  What's the latest from your end is the weather giving you much trouble?

Happy 2nd day of 2013.   National Buffet Day according to Hallmark. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:46 AM

Fabric.com is having a big sale on cotton fabric until 1-7-2013. $4.95/yd.   http://www.fabric.com/Index.aspx

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:09 AM

That's a great sale, Lillie.  Thanks for the link.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:12 AM

Robin:
So I should be quilting the rest of the year, but alas I do have to go back to work tomorrow and I have a meds check up today. 
Back to work for me, too, so you're not all alone feeling.  Hope you're having a good day.

Robin:
Happy 2nd day of 2013.   National Buffet Day according to Hallmark. 
 That's as good an excuse to go to a buffet as any I've heard before, lol.  I didn't really need one to go to a buffet to eat, but it'll do.  Since it's Hallmark, I wonder if they sell greeting cards for it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 5:58 AM

Does anyone know anything about these two embroidery floss's?  Cosmo floss, Valdani pearle cotton

Thanks

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,400
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 6:53 AM

Good Morning Friends,

Lillie,  Thanks for posting that link.   I'll have to take a peek when I get home today.    Also I'm sorry to say I don't have any knowledge of that thread.  

Linny,   I didn't check for a card but as you said it is Hallmark. 

Today is celebrating Fruit Cake Toss Day.    So let them fly.

I'm up and we are running a little late but since there are not kids today and tomorrow then there is no worries.   We'll make it around 8.   I'm so proud of myself for doing very little work over the holidays.   I hope that it doesn't bite me in the butt this weekend.    I've got plenty I want to do and none of it is school work.  We'll just have to see how today and tomorrow goes.   We got some training tomorrow hopefully it won't be to bad.   I'm beginning to think they only make us do training so we can remember how the children feel every day.

Linny,  I have mailed Diane's block yet.  It will probably be this weekend before I get it in the mail.  I'll let you know.

Hope you all have a good day and watch out for the Fruitcake.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:34 AM

Robin:
Today is celebrating Fruit Cake Toss Day.    So let them fly.
ROFLOL!  Where do they come up with this sort of thing?  

Linny T

Page 307 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev305306307308309Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use