rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Robin:
the pattern for this one is on a page in the Paper Piecing grouping

Thanks, Robin, I didn't know that it was paper pieced.  My "Wackey Web" quilt was paper pieced and I really liked to paper piece. It was the first time I had done it. I am sure I can do it if it is paper pieced.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:06 AM

Good morning to you too Robin,

Hope you have a great time today. I enjoyed reading about your plans and your fondest for brother number two.

It's been spitting a little rain here. Not sure if it will turn into a full rain, but we need it. My yesterday, today and tommorrow bush (brunsfelsia) is looking dwindly but shooting out some blooms. 

We've a busy day here too. Paul's maybe for the first part of the day,(depending on rain)  and a birthday party for a one year old later. I got up at 4:30 and watched Jenny's (MSQC) new video on using charms to make tote bags. Talk about a quick project. Maybe an hour and a half with the cutting. I love her video's. She's one of those people that makes you smile just to see her. Nice way to start the day. Now I wish I had the day to sew. LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:13 AM

Have a fun day Robin and be careful out on the roads.

Stephanie, I love Jenny's videos. They are such fun. 

Weather here has been in hi-20's, which is great. We've had a few snow storms come through. Which is better than great. lol  Roads are clear and the sky is as well. Nothing else predicted until late in the week.

Happy weekend everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:26 AM

Robin, that's so heart warming about your favorite brother.  I had a favorite, too, and your story made me think of him.  I hope you have a terrific time today and that your brother loves your divinity.  Is he the same one getting the quilt?

By the way, I enjoy hearing the details of your day.  Please don't hesitate in telling them.

Jo, I made a mariner's compass block with paper piecing and it was a great deal of fun.  I got the pattern from the Fon's & Porter website after seeing it on one of their TV episodes.  

Today is rainy and breezy here.  A cold front is going through.  I was going to have a craft day today with my DS and SIL, but we changed it to tomorrow.  I'm glad we did because the weather will be much nicer tomorrow.  I have to clean today.  I never did it the other day.  I've been a real vacation bum this week and have gotten a lot of r&r.  Last week I told Nate, who's 5, that I was taking a vacation.  He asked me where I was going and I told him nowhere.  He said, "Mimi, you are having a "Stay-cation".  I was really amazed that he knew what that was.  It got me thinking of what a stay-cation should be and I decided to forbid myself from filling it with home improvement projects as is my usual when I take time off from work.  I have simply enjoyed having time to just "be".   Sort of a week of Sundays.  It's done me some good, I think, although what I really need is a month of Sundays.  

Now my mind is turning to the new year and an opportunity to formulate a plan to change the course of my life a bit.  I don't make new years resolutions because I never keep them.  I'm just talking about setting a course to where I want to be this time next year.  Has anyone else had any of these thoughts yet?

Hope you all have a great Saturday - the last Saturday of 2012 - Make the best of it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,052
Points 41,100
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:16 AM

Robin--I have been reading about the quilt for your brother---I had just forgotten what it looked like.  It is beautiful and I'm sure he will treasure it and think of you and how wonderful it is.   I was thinking it may have been the quilt for your in laws.  So please attribute this to a senior moment.  Thank you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,052
Points 41,100
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:20 AM

Stephanie---what program is it that you got up at 4am for?  Jenny?  I never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

By the way I am putting the finishing touches on your block and will post a pic soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,052
Points 41,100
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:25 AM

Robin:
  He also has always been there for me and my family. 

Robin---I envy you---your relationships with your family.  It's wonderful!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:49 PM

Diane:
what program is it that you got up at 4am for?  Jenny?  I never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

Diane, I think she's talking about the Missouri Quilt Company U-Tube site.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,052
Points 41,100
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:58 PM

Thanks Linny!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:31 PM

Lillie:
Weather here has been in hi-20's, which is great.

Brrrr! LOL. The snow does sound nice though. I love to see it's sparkling white change to the world. Having the equipment to keep the roads clear is a big plus. I remember still the days of living in Ohio and getting up, scraping the windshield, and driving on icy slick roads. I remember too Mike having a camaro that had no heat and dressing up in his snowmobile suit to make the hour drive to his job. He looked so cute all bundled up like that.

Happy weekend to you too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:42 PM

Linny t:
 Last week I told Nate, who's 5, that I was taking a vacation.  He asked me where I was going and I told him nowhere.  He said, "Mimi, you are having a "Stay-cation".  I was really amazed that he knew what that was.  It got me thinking of what a stay-cation should be and I decided to forbid myself from filling it with home improvement projects as is my usual when I take time off from work.

He sounds so cute! It is funny how they pick up on things like that. He's a quick study of what goes on around him.

Linny t:
I have simply enjoyed having time to just "be".   Sort of a week of Sundays.  It's done me some good, I think, although what I really need is a month of Sundays.

Good for you taking the time to relax and just "be". I wish you had a month of Sundays just to do nothing, except what your heart desired.  I've spent the week pretty much the same and I'm surprised that the time has gone so quickly.

I hope you have enjoyed your day and looking forward to tomorrow with the cooler weather and craft day with sis and sis in law.

I too have been thinking about the New Year and life changes. This time next year I hope to be 30 lbs lighter, have some or all UFO's finished, work as hard as I can without dreading it, not spend so much time watching tv, take more pictures, have more family dinners and game nights and focus more on the things I love instead of the things that worry me. How's that for a start? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:49 PM

Diane:

Stephanie---what program is it that you got up at 4am for?  Jenny?  I never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

Linny posted the right link. Love the music and quack at the beginning. Makes me chuckle every time. I've just been waking up at 4 since the time change, and have willed myself that I will either work on something crafty or this morning watch something quilty. It's my quiet time. All the animals and Mike are still asleep so it's perfect for me.

Diane:

By the way I am putting the finishing touches on your block and will post a pic soon.

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to see it!!! I still haven't made up my mind if I want to make a pillow or do a series of small wall hangings. I've been thinking of a small stand or hanging frame that I can interchange once in a while for my fall wool hanging.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:54 PM

Stephanie:
Love the music and quack at the beginning. Makes me chuckle every time.
 Me too.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:56 PM

Stephanie:
How's that for a start?
 That's a great start.  I was only thinking about becoming someone totally different by the end of the year, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:18 PM

Stephanie:
I hope you have enjoyed your day and looking forward to tomorrow with the cooler weather and craft day with sis and sis in law.

I cleaned all day.  I cleaned everything.  Once I started I couldn't stop, darn it.  I have a few little things to do tomorrow, but mostly just get the dishes down for lunch.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I used to entertain quite a bit years ago and had forgotten how much I really enjoy it.  Your plans to have more dinners and game nights sounds like a great plan.  Also taking more pictures.  

That was a funny image of Mike in a Camaro in a ski suit.  I remember how it felt to go out in the snow as a child.  All that insulating, pure, sparkling white made the whole world new again.  Breathtaking.  I liked it when we'd have an ice storm overnight and wake up to those crystal blue skies and an ice palace all around in the trees with the sun shining through.  My folks didn't like it because it meant no work.  I loved it because it meant no school.  I never had to drive in it, though.  We moved when I was 14.

Linny T

Page 304 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev302303304305306Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use