This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:16 AM

Robin:

The Beast is conquered!

I finished the binding this morning.  I'll post some pictures later.

WTG Robin. Look forward to pic's. The head wrap sounds cool. You are always one step ahead on getting those areas like the kitchen and laundry room put away and cleaned up. I probably won't take mine down until at least mid January. We still need to celebrate with Paul's girl.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:22 AM

I am enjoying my vacation time too. I will have some stuff to do work wise, but from home.

In case you don't read the replies to others I posted Linny's block pic's. I'm enjoying the day. Weather's beautiful here too. In spite of back troubles, I went out and put some topsoil down in the areas that have been eroding. I got through about six forty pound bags and decided to take a break. Funny how out of shape I get in such a short time. The excess personal weight I'm carrying around doesn't help. I think it's going to be back to Weight Watchers after the first of the year. I'll have plenty of exercise coming up with all the faux work so that will be a plus.

Until then I am soaking in every minute of this time off.

Have a great day everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:29 PM

Hi Everyone.  I am planning to resume work on Stephanie's block today.  It won't be long before I am finished. Then I'll resume work on my paid quilting.

I am joining a RR in Leslie's group so I don't know if I'll be joining in the next RR so that will leave a place for someone else.  Of course if you need me, I will join.

I had a nice quiet Christmas.  I still have a few Christmas things I want to do over the next week---see some sights, etc.   I hope everyone has a great day!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:06 PM

Diane:
 I am planning to resume work on Stephanie's block today.

Woohoo! Can't wait to see your beautiful touches!

I didn't know Leslie has a group. 

Hope you have fun sight seeing and that they still have the decorations up if your going into a city. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:39 PM

it is finally done!  It's not ever going to lay flat but it is finished.    I'm pretty proud of it. 

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:04 PM

Robin:
it is finally done!

Gorgeous Robin---love the colors!  Who is the lucky recipient?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:15 AM

It is gorgeous Robin. Love the colors, the stars are pieced beautifully, and the borders look wonderful.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Stephanie, the work you did on Linny's block is beautiful!! I am glad I didn't join the RR; I just don't have the imagination that you ladies have.

Robin, the quilt is also beautiful!     I like the Mariners Compas design; they always look so complicated, I have never tried one.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:05 AM

Robin, it's beautiful!  The colors are great.  You should be proud of it.  Did you paper piece the stars?  I know your brother is going to love it.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:44 AM

You should be proud of it Robin, it's really beautiful.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:16 AM

Good Morning All and Thank you for all the kind words.

Diane--- The quilt is my brother who was in the Navy for 30 years, which is why I chose the Mariner's Compass.

Jo-- This one is paper piecing which is not really hard at all.  Especially after doing crazy quilting because it's foundation piecing just like crazy quilting.  The only difference is the foundation is paper and you have set colors to go in set spots

Today I plan to take down the Christmas in the dining room and clean it good.   I figure doing it one room at a time will take me done right before New Years which means a clean house New Year's day.

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful vacation and getting a lot of rest.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:20 AM

normajo1030:

Stephanie, the work you did on Linny's block is beautiful!! I am glad I didn't join the RR; I just don't have the imagination that you ladies have.

Robin, the quilt is also beautiful!     I like the Mariners Compas design; they always look so complicated, I have never tried one.

Jo,

I bet you would have your imagination soaring when once you got over your first few stitches.  At least that is what always seems to happen for me.   I also look at alot of squares on the internet and in books for ideas.  Then things start spring to mind.    

I meant to tell you if you are interested in trying a Mariners Compass the pattern for this one is on a page in the Paper Piecing grouping.   It's super easy.   Just let me know if you can't find it.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:07 AM

normajo1030:
I just don't have the imagination that you ladies have.

First, Thank you.... And wait, if I recall the cat carrier and little vests came from your imagination. It is addictive though. lol 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:16 AM

Robin:

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful vacation and getting a lot of rest.

Speakng of rest, I don't hink you're getting much with all this cleaning going on. I need to catch your bandwagon, and get something done myself. First maybe get out of my jammies. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well this morning.   We had a wet and breeze night here in this neck of the woods and I'm afraid of what my front yard looks like with two large moss covered oak trees it is always a mess after such a storm.   Oh well that's something that has to wait as it is Christmas the second version on me and mine today.  We're headed to my mom's to do Christmas with my oldest brother and his youngest daughter.   The rest of his family is off busy with other things like work and visiting a boyfriend.   I'm not sure why he didn't wait until they could all come. Oh well, it will be good to see him and his daughter and have a visit with him.  It's been a while since I saw him.  

Started getting up early this morning to get me back on track with school time.  Not is early as I needed to but earlier than I wanted for a Saturday.   I'm hoping to get a little sewing time in before I have to get ready to go. 

Brother number two will be at Mom's today also and I have a batch of divinity to deliver to him.  He probably want eat it but he teased me at Christmas because I didn't make him divinity.  I explained I had made it and it was terrible, because of the weather.    He gave me the same old argument as always.  In case yall can't tell this brother is slightly the favorite in my life.   He is the go to brother, always has been.  When we were kids he use to occasionally play dolls or something else that girls like to play with me.   He also has always been there for me and my family.   So it's not real hard for him to talk me into doing things for him.

Anyway, that's probably more details than you wanted about my day.  You all have a good one.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 303 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev301302303304305Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use