rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 5:38 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone,

I hope that your day is bright and merry that your home will over flow with joy, love and peace.  

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  My inlaws are always such gracious host.   They loved the quilt and seemed very pleased with it.  DH's Grandma was in good spirits and loads of fun to be with as always. 

Today it's off to my brother's house for Christmas with his family, mom and his mother in law who we've known forever, so she is really a family friend.   I personally would like to open presents and stay right here in good ole Madison.  But then I'd be the one cleaning house and cooking for everyone, so one or the other.   My other brother will be over for a visit Saturday so we will have to put in our appearance for this event.  Normally, I go if I can but this year with the way mom's been acting I feel like she needs me to do what I'm suppose to instead of what I want to.    Which means I must bind the beast before then.  

May your day be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be bright.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 10:02 AM

Like all of you I have a busy day today, too.  I just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you all have a remarkable day and are overwhelmed with God's blessings.

We had a delightful time last night.  The kids ran around and played together and that was so fun to watch and hear.  My sister wore her wig, but got warm, so she took it off and donned a Santa hat.  I have some really cute pics of her.  It was so nice to be surrounded by family and have everyone happy.  God is really good! 

This morning it was all about Nate.  I got him a Wii, so Audra and I may not be needed the rest of the day, lol.  He's only 5 and I'm amazed at how intuitively he pics up on electronics.  Amazing.  He kept saying, "No, Mommy, you do it like this."  It was a beautiful morning.  I just love watching kids open presents on Christmas morning.  It's a gift all in itself.

My daughter in NY said they had snow last night.  They're uploading pics of it now.  One day we'll all be in the same place on Christmas.  I sure do miss them.  I got to listen to them all opening their presents with all their giggling and ooohing and ahhhing.  I'll see the video later, I'm told.

Well, gotta go now.  Hope you all have a heartwarming and blessed day! 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 5:55 PM

How wonderful it is to read such spirit filled posts.

Robin, I was thrilled for you that your inlaws loved the quilt you made for them. And that you had such a good time with family.

Linny,  I'm so happy for your day, and Nate loving his Wii. Kids are just brilliant with these electronic toys.Even at the age of five, it seems like they have it all over us. God Love Barb for throwing off that hot wig and donning the Santa hat. A celebration time for her, for sure!

Thanks to all for the comments about the necklace.

Diane, I hope you do branch out and do some. Do you get any beading magazines? They have some beautiful stuff in there. I had subscribed to one called Beading Style and it had lots of pretty projects. And yes, gaudy is in. LOL Kind of fun to think about even reworking old stuff too. Hope you've had a wonderful day today.

I too hope that all of you have had a blessed Christmas. Ours was awesome. We spent hours shopping yesterday looking for a nice Pub style table for Pauls kitchen. They call them that because they're tall with tall seats. We finally found a really nice solid wood one just the size he needed and he was thrilled. We had fun playing Balderdash and having our annual Christmas prime rib dinner. Had to have a little nap afterwards. Food drugged. LOL

Jo,

I wanted to let you know I did email you, and hope you and George had a Merry Christmas!!

Leslie,

Thank you for checking in to wish us a Merry Christmas. Hope yours was happy too.

Darlene, Thank you too for letting us know how everything is going and hope you Christmas was spirited filled too!

Lillie,

Too funny about your DH opening all of the drawers to find stuff. I wonder how I'd be after being gone like that.  Hope you had a great day!  

I think it's time for some chocolate cream pie.  Catch ya'll later. :0)

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:19 PM

Leslie :

I just wanted to pop in and wish all you wonderful ladies, a very Merry Christmas.

Thanks, Leslie.  Did you have a good Christmas?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:22 PM

Stephanie, I can feel your happiness by reading your post.  I'm so glad you had a good day and the table you found was so perfect.  Balderdash and Prime Rib - a perfect combination - topped off with chocolate cream pie.....Can't beat that!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Hi Ladies, I am so glad you all seem to have had a very nice Christmas.  We did too.....we had nine here for dinner, family and three wonderful friends. I enjoyed cooking for them; thanks to a lot of help from George. Everyone said the food was delicious; I still can't taste things very much from being stuffed up. The only thing I could really taste was the cole slaw and pickled beets and Linda's pumpkin pie was good.

Stephanie, I got your email and I put it in my address book. Will mail it as soon as he gets them to me.

I have a doctor appointment  this morning, so I'd better start getting ready. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 8:27 AM

Good Morning One and All,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.   We spent the day at my brother's with his wife, kids, his mother in law and our mom.   It was a really nice day.  We ate and did presents and hung out.  

My middle brother loves to pick on me and was razzing me really bad before he opened his present.  I told you're going to be sorry you picked on me.   Then he opened his quilt, which I forgot to take a picture of and the read the letter enclosed.   My mom who had be razzing me with him was sitting next to him, she said can I see it.  He said you can hold the quilt all you want but you can't see my letter.  He was so nice the rest of the day.   Haha.   The letter was meant to be special and simply told him why he got a "utility" quilt instead of an ooooohhh! quilt.   He seem to touch his old, tough heart.

Today I have to tackle the beasts binding.  I know you all are tired of this conversation.    I'll post pictures of this one.

We been having rain for the last two days which is good we needed it.  Last night there was a lot of rough weather which is bad but we seemed to have survived.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and get something done you want to do.

Robin.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 11:42 AM

Robin, we're getting that bad weather right now.  It won't last long, though.  I know up there you got it worse.  Glad you survived it well.  That's sweet about your brother.  Sounds like you had a good Christmas in spite of the weather.  Good luck with the beast.

I've been uploading and e-mailing Christmas pics.  It's a nice way to extend the spirit.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 11:44 AM

Hi, Jo.  Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas, too.  Isn't it rewarding to cook a great meal for those you love?  It's like getting a gift while you're giving it.

Good luck at the doctor's.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 2:49 PM

Robin,

That was such a touching story you told about your brother and his reaction. I'm glad you shared it with us. As for tiring of your quilting stories, please don't think that. I may not always comment, but I love reading them.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 7:17 PM

Jo,

Sounds like you had a great time with family. You must be tired today after cooking for nine. That's quite a gathering. Too bad you couldn't enjoy your cooking for being stuffed up like that. Hope your doctors appt went well today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 7:23 PM

Robin,

Your story about your brother was touching. Cute that he wouldn't let your mom read his note.LOL He is a tease isn't he?

Hope you got some of the beast binding tackled today. Look forward to seeing a pic of it. I hope that you know how extra special you are for doing this for your family this year and that they enjoy them for years to come.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:28 AM

Good morning, ladies.  Hope everyone is having a great day.  I'm on vacation, so I surely am.  This not working stuff agrees with me, lol.  Hope everyone is faring well in the northeast.  Darlene, are you snowed in?  Hope the weather doesn't postpone Tim's testing.  My daughter says it's snowing up a storm there.  She's west of Albany.  

Today I'm going to clean, shop and make soup.  It's cool & sunny here and not expected to get much more than 64 degrees.  My windows are open to let that freshness in.  We've had such humidity lately I've had the AC running.  Winter in Florida...I love it.

I have a few small touches to put on Lillie's block and then I'm done.  I've had such fun working on these blocks.  I can hardly wait to get Diane's.  I suppose it's not too early to start thinking about the next RR.  Do you all think we should start another right after this one's finished?  I wouldn't mind.   If we do it'd be good to start talking about the theme now so we have time to get our stashes ready.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:35 AM

The Beast is conquered!

I finished the binding this morning.  I'll post some pictures later.  It does not lay flat so it will never be a wall hanging and there are plenty of mistakes in it but overall I'm pleased with it.   Then celebrated by making me a head wrap for when I'm in the kitchen at school.  The head wrap was really a quick item to make and that was with me measuring and calculating as I went.

This afternoon I'm going to deep clean my kitchen and laundry room and take down all of the Christmas in those two rooms.   Figure I'll have to do most the work since one DD is working today and tomorrow and the other is sick with a nasty cold.   So if I do a little at the time maybe it won't be to bad and it will actually get cleaned at the same time. 

Have a great afternoon.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:14 AM

Linny t:
This not working stuff agrees with me, lol.

You and me both! LOL

Hope you enjoy your day, although cleaning sounds like work to me. LOL. At least it's not a have to and you can pace yourself. Enjoy your fresh air and open windows. That soup sounds great and hopefully theopen windows won't attract neighbors wanting to join you. LOL

Linny t:
I have a few small touches to put on Lillie's block and then I'm done.  I've had such fun working on these blocks.  I can hardly wait to get Diane's.  I suppose it's not too early to start thinking about the next RR.  Do you all think we should start another right after this one's finished?

I can't wait to see what you've done on Lillie's block. I posted pic's of yours today. It's been a blast doing this, but I think I'm going to sit the next one out and let Darlene have a chance. With these jobs being pushed back the way they have I'm going to be slamming busy most likely thru April. My sewing room will most likely be doubling as a sample and furniture piece room. I wouldn't want to slight anyone the effort put into their blocks because of it. I'll for sure be ready for the next if we do a third. I hope so. In the mean time I can add to my stash too.

Page 302 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev300301302303304Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use