My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:24 PM

Lillie, so sad about your quilt top.  It'll turn up sooner or later, hopefully.  Like my block that took weeks to show up.  I wish that person would be a little pro-active about it for you.  It's kind of rude to ignore you.  

I couldn't believe it when I heard about the shooting.  Some of my grandchildren are that age.  There is no answer we will ever know to satisfy the question "Why?".  I just pray for the survivors, especially the parents/families of the children.  May God give them some comfort.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:41 PM

Diane:
When I was in the dentist chair falling asleep I was dreaming I was shopping with Jane Fonda and she was buying a purse.  Much more pleasant now!!!
 ROFLOL....much better than taking someone's urine to the lab!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:18 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I seem to be without words this morning.  My mind is still in stun mode after coming home yesterday from school and learning the news from CT.   I simply cannot imagine the terror that rang out on that campus, which was probably just a matter of minutes but has changed the face of that community forever.   I don't know how as a parent you spend the night waiting for them identify your child as one of the 20, or how you comfort your child who lived through the terror. Not to mention those who lost spouses.  I simply pray that the love of God with wrap around these people like a heavy quilt because without it I can't imagine how you survive it.

So to put my day in order is my immediate challenge.  

I plan on spending today finishing one of my brother's quilt.  I also have to get a plan for finishing my Christmas shopping, do my laundry, and find a way to wrap some gifts.   The girls are going off shopping with their Grandma today so the house will be a little quieter than usual, which may be a good thing.   

I hope you all have a productive and creative Saturday.  

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:20 AM

Diane,

That is such terrible news about your quilt top.  I know you must be frustrated.   To have all that work in something and not get it back.  Then add to that not having any responses to your request.   I hope it will turn up and finds it's way home.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:37 AM

Good morning, ladies.  Hope everyone is off to a wonderful day.  I'm going to attempt to finish my shopping this weekend and hopefully wrap some.  In between I'm working on Lillie's block.  Like Diane says, it takes courage to start, but once you start it's hard to put it down.  

It's a little hard to be so cheerful about Christmas while so many are sad beyond words or belief in CT.  God bless them.  I like Robin's thoughts of wrapping them in God's love like a big quilt.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:50 AM

I finally started on Robin's block. I looked at it for almost one full week before I had the courage to start the first round of silks. So far I am really liking what I've done. I hope you will as well Robin. It does take a bit of time to ponder the embellishments.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:08 AM

Robin---I would expect that this school shooting would affect you deeply being a school teacher.  The nation is sick about this.  Last night I talked with a friend on skype for so long in an effort to feel better.  It's horrible.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:07 AM

Diane:

Robin---I would expect that this school shooting would affect you deeply being a school teacher.  The nation is sick about this.  Last night I talked with a friend on skype for so long in an effort to feel better.  It's horrible.

Diane,

I think it has to be every teacher's worst nightmare.   Not because of the part about the potential of your death but the fear of not being able to protect the students in your care.  As I read the stories of what those teachers did to protect those students from the chaos around them I wondered if I could do that or would I freeze?  and if I survive and some of the students didn't would I be able to cope. I've never be able to limit myself,  some people say I care to much, that I get to personal,  and they are probably right.  But all in is the only way I know how to be.  I think it's very common among teachers.   I know there are bad teachers in this world.  I also know there are teachers who have poor teaching skills, but a great many of the people in this profession do it because they love the kids.  You have to you're with them to many hours a day to not get some feeling about that child.  Thanks for understanding.

Lillie,

I'm already excited and all you said was ribbon.  I'm sure I will love whatever you do.   I can't wait to get my square back and be able to see up close all the work that's been done.  

Robin

Linny,

Congrats on getting your shopping done.  I'm not there yet.  Hopefully, by next weekend.  I finished a flannel throw for my second brother yesterday.  I've still got to quilt the Mariner's Compass so that is today's projects.  But I probably won't see his family until after Christmas so I've got a little time there.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Simply Splendid Sunday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:46 AM

Good morning, ladies.  Hope everyone's having a lovely day.

I never made it to shop.  I didn't feel all that great and my sister was feeling puny from chemo.  We're going to try again today.  If she doesn't go, then I'll go alone and get her something to eat and take it over.

Yesterday I worked on Lillie's block all day long.  I love doing that, just stitching all day.  I have to resist the urge to pick it up right now, or I'll be on it all day and never get to the store.  

Robin, hope you get your Mariner's Compass quilted today.  I love the little names you give us for each day.  Hope you have a Simply Splendid Sunday, too, and join you in wishing the same to everyone else.

Diane, did you get to church today?

Lillie, sounds like you're having fun with Robin's block.  Can't wait to see it.

Stephanie, hope you are having a lovely day today.

Darlene, hope your day is peaceful and full of hope.

Jo, how's the kitty quilt coming?  Are you feeling any better?

Time for me to get on the road.  Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,435

Hi Everyone,  Linny asked how I was feeling....well, I thought I was getting better last Sun and Mon; then Mon night my throat started getting sore again and was worse than before, so I ended up calling for some medicine. She prescribed Z-Pak...to take for 4 days, wait 10 days and if I started getting sick again to get it renewed. So far I am better but not well; still all congested in nose and throat. I wheeze so loud in my throat when I am sleeping that I wake myself up and then have a terrible time getting back to sleep. I am ready to be done with this!!

As far as my cat quilt.....I had to send George to JoAnnes with a small piece of red fabric to get more to make a frame around the quilt. The lady did real good, it matches perfectly. JoAnnes is 39 miles away; George had a VA appointment and JoAnnes is right next door, so that worked out good.  I haven't been out of the house since Sun, the 24th of Nov. Not that I mind; I am like most of you, I am really happy at home.  I could never understand women that say they couldn't stand to not have a job out side of the house, that they would go crazy with nothing to do.  I never did want to have a job. I like just being a wife and mother.

I am making two pillows with Chihuahuas on them for my friend, Linda for Christmas; so I am working on them to get them done for Christmas. She has two darling little Chihuahuas.  She is the one that I ordered the butterfly earrings from Diane for.

Well, I'd better get off of here and get dressed.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 12:43 PM

Jo,

I'm so glad you are starting to feel a bit better. I agree, it's time to be done with it already!  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:24 PM

Well, Jo, that seems like entirely too long to be too sick to go out.  I'm glad you got in touch with your doctor for some help.  How great that JoAnn's  and George helped you out with the red fabric.  Your George is a gem.  You are lucky to have him in your life.

The chihuahua pillows sound cute.  They are the coolest little dogs.  My neighbor had 3 of them for awhile.  In the mornings when she'd let them out they would bark through the fence at me taking my dogs out.  I would always just end up giggling at the sound.  Those tiny little ferocious creatures.

I am with you on the staying home and being a wife and mother.  I loved the years when I stayed home with my girls and I tried everything not to have to work.  Once they started school it ended, though.  

Hope the ZPak kicks in and you feel better before Christmas.  Have any special plans? 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:11 PM

So glad to hear that you're on the mend normajo!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:04 PM

Robin:
I've never be able to limit myself,  some people say I care to much, that I get to personal,  and they are probably right.  But all in is the only way I know how to be. 

Robin,

I just love you.

Robin:
I think it has to be every teacher's worst nightmare.   Not because of the part about the potential of your death but the fear of not being able to protect the students in your care.  As I read the stories of what those teachers did to protect those students from the chaos around them I wondered if I could do that or would I freeze?  and if I survive and some of the students didn't would I be able to cope.

I don't think anyone knows how they'd react in a situation like this. When someone comes in with that kind of artillary, there really isn't any time to think about it. Even trained soldiers don't know how they'll react in face to face combat. Would you be able to cope if you survived and some of the students didn't? Probably not for a very long time. 

It's a tragedy, and one that calls for prayers and support for all involved. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:08 PM

Normajo

Hope you get to feeling better real soon. So sweet of George to take your fabric in and get it matched up for you. I surely can't see my hubby doing that in a million years.

Page 293 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev291292293294295Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use