My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Just a quick moment to maybe post and update you on what is happening here.  Tried to post the other day and it went into cyber space and was gone.

Tim had his MRI Sunday afternoon and the doctor called yesterday to tell us that his intercrannial pressure is low.  He was scheduled for a spinal tap but because of the pressure issue, they cancelled that test.

The nurse who called said it is possible that the pressure is causing all his issues.  We are now waiting to hear from the oncologist.

We need to go to have a hearing test done this morning.

Mom continues to be independent.  She told me Monday that she doesn't want to be a burden.  Her doctor has told me to let her be.  Given the choice, I guess I am glad she is able to do so much for herself.

Glad to hear that all is well for you ladies.  Hope that everything continues to go smoothly during this hectic holiday season.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,385
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:47 AM

I wanter to show you all some eye candy I found on the other group.

This is not the one I downloaded so when I find it I'll post it.  I didn't do this so give an honest opinion.  I love the colors.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,385
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:49 AM

Have a great time Lillie!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:14 AM

Diane:

I wanted to show you all some eye candy I found on the other group.

This is not the one I downloaded so when I find it I'll post it.  I didn't do this so give an honest opinion.  I love the colors.

OMGosh! I love it.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:34 AM

Lillie:

Today I'm meeting with one of my quilt groups (Border Girls) for our annual Christmas luncheon and gift exchange. There will be 10 of us this time. We keep the price of the gifts to $10 and it doesn't have to be quilting/sewing related items. And it doesn't have to be purchased. If they have FQs or other items in their stash, that works as well. 

Merry Berry Thursday to everyone!

Sounds like a grand time, Lillie!  A Merry Berry Thursday to you, also!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:37 AM

Diane:
 I didn't do this so give an honest opinion.  I love the colors.
Diane, I like the colors, also.  I also really like the flower cluster, the leaves with cross hatching and well, just about everything.  I hope you post more pics.  I love it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:56 AM

Darlene:

Just a quick moment to maybe post and update you on what is happening here.  Tried to post the other day and it went into cyber space and was gone.

Tim had his MRI Sunday afternoon and the doctor called yesterday to tell us that his intercrannial pressure is low.  He was scheduled for a spinal tap but because of the pressure issue, they cancelled that test.

The nurse who called said it is possible that the pressure is causing all his issues.  We are now waiting to hear from the oncologist.

We need to go to have a hearing test done this morning.

Mom continues to be independent.  She told me Monday that she doesn't want to be a burden.  Her doctor has told me to let her be.  Given the choice, I guess I am glad she is able to do so much for herself.

Glad to hear that all is well for you ladies.  Hope that everything continues to go smoothly during this hectic holiday season.

Thanks for taking time to give us this update.  I know, this site has been giving fits on and off.  Frustrating after you've typed in a whole long thing.

Wouldn't it be great if they just had to fix 1 thing and he'd be back to good?  My daughter once had a saddle block before giving birth.  They did something wrong and her spinal fluid leaked out some.  Not much mind you, but it was enough to give her a screaming headache (literally) and made her temporarily blind and unable to walk right.  We were so scared she wouldn't be okay.  Once they got it stabilized she was back to normal in a few hours.  

That's wonderful about your Mom taking care of herself.  Imagine how much better she feels about herself being able to give you the space you need to care for Tim .  I hope his hearing test gives a good result.  Poor Tim must feel like a terrible burden.  How are his spirits?    

Take care of yourself.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great day.

Lillie,  I hope your party was a blast.

Diane,  I love the picture that you posted.  I love the colors and the stitching.  Please post more.

Darlene,  It was great to hear from you about Tim's updates.  I am sure you must be tired.  Hang in there.  I think it's cute that your Mom wants to easy your burdens.  Sounds like she still taking care of her baby.

The youngest just came in from work.  The oldest has gone to stay with friends in Tallahassee for the weekend and DH is off to take pictures at the soccer game. 

My sleeping last night was sporadic so I'm thinking it won't be long before I'm more interested in sleeping than doing anything else.   

Have a good evening everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,385
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:50 PM

Here is the one I wanted to show you

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:00 PM

Diane, I really love this lock.  It' so delicate and lacy.  What a beautiful thing!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:06 PM

Hi everyone.

I've been having trouble with the site too, but it seems ok now.

Robin, Hope you had a good exam day, and it sounds like the perfect time to tuck in.

Lillie,

Thanks for the reply about posting a pic of the chenille, and if you make some of those fancy bows for Christmas you'll have to share them with us. Hope you had a great time at the party today.

Diane,

That blocks a beauty. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Linny,

Crazy about that spinal fluid causing such a screaming headache like that. I never knew that could happen. Thank God they were able to determine what it was and get it stopped quickly.

Darlene,

You are still in my prayers. I hope they can get Tim feeling much better. Happy to hear your Mom's hanging in there too.  Thanks for the update. Take care!

I've had a busy day here too. I started off the morning right working on Linny's block. My muse finally kicked in overtime. Yay!

Then I had to put everything away and set my sewing table up to paint some sample boards. I have the mirror frame covering my normal work space. I worked on that too. The silver leaf part is finished and a sealer on. Now I have to stain over it to make it look old and put a protective coat on it, and it will be done. I'll so the stain tomorrow, and it will have to dry for a day, so it looks like I'm into another weekend of some homework. A few hours a day anyway. 

My project and work list is growing. Another faux job and a couple pieces of furniture have just come through. We're going to have a lull before the jobs are ready for us to get into, so we are attempting to take off the week of Christmas. Good Lord willing it will work out this way. It will be the first time in 14 years I think that we weren't working Christmas eve and then frenzy shopping afterwards. I'd happily forego any gifts for time off.

Still haven't put the decorations up, or actually Mike hasn't gotten them out of the attic. Right now I really don't need the extra clutter, and work of it all. I'd be fine with just a tree this year.

Hope you all have a fantastic evening! I want to get a little stitching time in before I go to sleep.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,385
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:08 PM

It's a beautiful block.  I think someone was really having a great time and it turned out just right.   I wish we could enlarge it to see more detail.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:30 PM

Diane:

Here is the one I wanted to show you

This one is to die for ! Very artistic, and so fine. Love the way the curves are done in sequence under the butterfly and all the different stitches on each section. The colors are stunning together too. Beautifully done! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:34 PM

Stephanie, I'm happy you are busy at work again.  I'm even more happy you will get to take a week off at Christmas.  You have been going 240 for weeks now.  I would forego presents for time off, too.  Just the simplicity of having just a tree up for decorations sounds great, as well.  Simplicity creates less stress.  

So, you're almost done with the mirror?  I bet it's beautiful.  I'm so excited to see what you do on my block.  It makes me happy just to think about it.

Hope you get more sewy time this evening.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,385
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:36 PM

I think you are right Stephanie---to die for.  The more you look, the more you find!

• Post Points: 35
Page 291 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev289290291292293Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use