rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 6:00 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

It's a wet and chilly Wednesday in my neck of the woods.   I hope that you are all warm and dry.

Today is Cookie baking in Culinary.   Hopefully they will successfully manage to finish all the baking today.  It is also the Faculty Christmas Party.  I'm not exactly a big fan but I will put in an appearance for the sake of those who do all the work to put it together.  I'm hoping they can manage most of the work on their own, since I am really sore.   I took a bit of a spill a couple days ago, missed the step from the stool to the counter top as I was hunting containers around my kitchen.  Anyway, the bruise started really shining this morning.  But hubby said the third day would be the worst.

Anyway on to terrific news.  Yesterday was terrific.  The kids were awesome with the children at the special needs school.  The little boy that my daughter has been buying for for the last several years was there.  He has autism.  He's 7 or 9 and has finally said his first word, more.   But yesterday he was very responsive to her.  Even gave her a hug and walked her to the door when she went to leave.  That's a major accomplishment.    My boy is much older but also has autism.  He also was more verbal than usual.  He wished me Merry Christmas and has never done that.   What an amazing Christmas present to see the growth these children are making.  But even more amazing was watching my students get in and interact with these kids.  They talked and played.  The school chorus did a wonderful performance that had the kids singing, clapping , rocking and cheering.   So in every sense of the word we started celebrating Christmas Yesterday.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:16 AM

Glad to  hear you had a wonderful day on Tues Robin. What a special Christmas present from your little boy. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:19 AM

Yesterday I watched my very first Quilting Arts show with Pokey Bolton! I was so excited to have found it on TV.  Alas, I can not find Fons and Porter on any channel. I used to get that show when we first moved here to CO, but now they are gone. boo hoo

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:33 AM

Robin,

What a touching amazing thing to have happen with the boys yesterday. One of life's miracle moments to be sure. And to have you and Keeley both experience such wonderful reception is awesome. I'm just thrilled for you both that the boys were so responsive.

Sorry to hear about your accident off the stool, and hope it heals quickly for you. And hope that you enjoy the baking and Faculty party.

Diane,

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe. I might have to get my baking gloves on for these.

Lillie,

Your quilt is gorgeous. My sis told me that she'd put the one I made for her spare bedroom bed on, but she won't let anyone use it. LOL. Maybe your sis wants to preserve yours by not using it for everyday, or just needed a change up. I have a tendency to want to change mine up every year to two. Regardless of the reasoning, you did an amazing job on it and gave her a wonderful gift.

Darlene,

Thanks for checking in. I wouldn't take the nutritionist comments to heart. She's trained for that. We're not, and she doesn't have to be there to encourage him to eat when he doesn't want to. Hopefully he'll get some of his taste for things back and start enjoying food again. That will make it easier for you.

Bless you Mom's heart for her intentions of not wanting to burden you. She sounds like such a sweetheart.  Hopefully she'll find a balance in being independent and putting herself at risk.   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:15 AM

I was searching for something about silk ribbon and ran across this little gem and wanted to share it with you. I might have to put that on a few of my Christmas gifts.  lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkC2AN1_dI

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:06 AM

Lillie--I enjoyed watching the video.  I love the big flowers and these would be easy to make and use for gifts, purses, or even a ribbon corsage.  Great idea with the wire ribbon!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:30 AM

I enjoyed it too. I would have never thought of using the contrasting knot in the center. Too cool.

I just went onto hand dyed fibers and ordered some of her hand dyed silk ribbon.  I love her colors. They take on an almost velvet look to them. I like too that she does lighter and darker shades of the colors. It takes her a while to ship, so I figure around Christmas. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:03 PM

Robin, sorry you're sore from your fall.  That had to hurt.   Thank God you weren't hurt beyond a bruise. 

Your account of how you all did with the special needs children's Christmas party made me have tears in my eyes.  What a wonderful way to begin Christmas.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:05 PM

Thanks for the link, Lillie.  I'm going to try this over the weekend.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:06 PM

Stephanie:

I just went onto hand dyed fibers and ordered some of her hand dyed silk ribbon.  I love her colors. They take on an almost velvet look to them. I like too that she does lighter and darker shades of the colors. It takes her a while to ship, so I figure around Christmas. 

Me, too.  I love the names she gives them.  Always good for a grin.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:35 PM

Stephanie--which site did you go to?  I went to Nashville wraps and they don't have silk ribbons.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:14 PM

Stephanie:

I'm confused ( a normal state for me-lol) where did you go to get the silk ribbon?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:28 PM

I can't find it Stephanie.  They have lots of ribbon but can't find silk ribbon.  Are we on the same site?  I even asked customer support.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 3:00 PM

Oh gosh, I'm sorry girls. Nothing like leaving the link out. Here's the ribbon page. Be sure to scroll down and there's a second page too. Check out the names like Linny said. Too cute and she has them color coordinated that way. http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/oscnuked/modules.php?name=catalog&file=index&cPath=34&osCsid=26f0ceed47ce3cbee68a4d115c1c2ec5

I bought from the colors that began with Be___ and Steppes_____

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 3:31 PM

Thanks Stephanie.  We had been talking about another site.  That's a great site.  It's interesting and the prices are really good!

Page 289 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev287288289290291Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use