rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:50 AM

Good Morning My Friends,

Round one of the cookie baking is done.  The "Sand Tarts" are baked.  They are like Mexican Wedding cookies.  I don't know why my family called them "Sand Tarts" .  The Sugar Cookie dough is make as is the Sinful Red Velvet.  That just leaves the snicker doodles which are being made by some of my more challenging children. 

Today we are off to the Christmas Party for the children with special needs. This is were my Christmas truly begins.  I've never seen it fail to bring more to those who go and give, than those who receive the gifts.   My students always leave very blessed and moved by the experience.

Darlene ---Thank you so much for taking time to update us on your status.   I hope that you get a break after the holidays and can have a me moment.  I won't say day.  I'm with Linny.  I think it was a very poor example of people skills that the nutritionist could not express their concern in a manner that did not insult you in the process. 

Lillie--- I hope you will have a wonderful holiday season despite the fact your sister did not display your gift.   I'm sure that all though she didn't display it she was deeply touched.  I wish you could have seen it when she opened the gift.

Diane--- Your cookies sound delicious.  I would love the recipe for your brown sugar dough to use in my classroom.

Merry Tremendous Tuesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:16 AM

Darlene,

I'm happy to hear that Tim is improving.

Glad that you have completed the take-over of Kyle's room. Now you can refer to it as your studio. I definitely understand about the green walls. I'm not sure I would even move anything in there until I had changed the wall color. lol

Can't wait to see pics of your creations. Hope your sales go well on this next show.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:21 AM

Robin:

Lillie--- I hope you will have a wonderful holiday season despite the fact your sister did not display your gift.   I'm sure that all though she didn't display it she was deeply touched.  I wish you could have seen it when she opened the gift.

She loved the quilt when she received it two Christmas's ago. And she said she was using it daily. I just don't know why she doesn't use it all the time now. Maybe she thinks it doesn't go with her holiday decorations in her bedroom. All her decorations are blue and white, which is the same colors that I used in her quilt. I did post a picture of it in media, but I don't remember which thread it's attached to. I'll look and see if I can find the url for that thread.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:27 AM

I posted a picture of my sista's quilt in the media section of the applique group. Here is the url (I hope) http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/applique/media/p/294084.aspx

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:37 AM

Lillie, the quilt is gorgeous.  I saw that you mentioned that your sister tends to put things away and save them for special occasions.  I suppose the color you used is right.  Who knows but the quilt is fabulous and is a wonderful, loving gift.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:44 AM

Lillie, it's absolutely stunning! 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:47 AM

Robin:

Today we are off to the Christmas Party for the children with special needs. This is were my Christmas truly begins.  I've never seen it fail to bring more to those who go and give, than those who receive the gifts.   My students always leave very blessed and moved by the experience.

This just touched my soul.

Good luck with the cookies, Robin.  I hope you have a Merry Tremendous Tuesday, too!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:08 PM

Robin--as soon as I find the recipe---called "Russian Rocks"  I will give it to you.  I love it because of the brown sugar taste and the versatility of what you can add to make it different.  I'm in a bit of a panic because I haven't found it yet!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:53 PM

Lillie:

I posted a picture of my sista's quilt in the media section of the applique group. Here is the url (I hope) http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/applique/media/p/294084.aspx

Lillie,

I'll take one in any color you would like to make it in.   It is absolutely gorgeous. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:19 PM

Here is the recipe for Russian Rocks as given to me from a good friend passed down in here family.

Cream:

11/2 C brown sugar with 

1 C butter

Add:

3eggs

21/2 C flour

1 C nuts

1 lb raisins

This part is important:

dissolve 1 tsp baking soda in a small amount of water-stir and add to mix

Drop by tsp on cookie sheet

Bake @ 375 for 10--12 minutes

Makes 4 dozen

It's easy and I add whatever I want to make it---I don't like the raisins so much for Christmas so I add different choc or butterscotch chips.

It is so good with the brown sugar!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments about my sista's quilt. It was definitely a challenge for me. I had to buy a special 16th-inch ruler. The feathered star in the middle is a Marsha McCloskey pattern and required that stinking ruler. Although, since making that quilt, I have used the ruler many times on other projects. So, maybe it's not as "stinking" as I originally thought. The rest of the quilt is a pattern from my LQS. Idid learn a lot but, I will NEVER make that quilt again!  I ripped, I cried, I sewed, I ripped, I cried.   lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:32 PM

Diane,

Your Russian Rocks are similar to those made by my DH at Christmas. His are called Michigan, or Minnesota, Rocks. He add dates and figs and who knows what else. The recipe does make a kazillion of them and they are deadly delicious. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:26 PM

Lillie:
Your Russian Rocks are similar to those made by my DH at Christmas

Yes------a good basic, easy recipe with a great taste.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:55 PM

Thanks for the recipe, Diane.  I don't think I've had Russian Rocks before, but they sound really good.  I'll have to try them.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:42 PM

Diane,

Thanks for the recipe I can't wait to try it.

Robin

Page 288 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev286287288289290Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use