rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,218
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:30 AM

Lillie:
I started wearing an old pair of glasses because I got so much paint on my regular glasses.

LOL. Reminds me of my last visit to get new ones. They always clean your old ones before you leave and the lady made a comment that it was no wonder I couldn't see with all the paint sprinkles all over the lenses. LOL. Made a note to self to clean glasses before going into the eye doctor, and daily as I need to.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 5:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all slept well last night and got plenty of rest. 

Well, it's Monday and ahead lies the last full week of school before the Christmas Break.   As it is the last week it is full week, I made sure it was completely full.  We have Industry Certification testing for Early Childhood today,  a Christmas Party at a school for challenge children on Tuesday,  Christmas Cookies to be me made and delivered to the faculty on Wednesday,  Exams on Thursday and Friday.    Whew!

I'm really looking forward to this week for all of it's activity I'm excited to see so much activity in the Spirit of the season.   I work with some real knuckle heads as far as students go, but for the lot I'm blessed with some real sweet students who will enjoy the giving they will be doing this week.   I can't wait to watch them grow in spirit and love.

My thoughts and prayers are heavy on Darlene and Tim.

Hoping you all a Magical Merry Monday!

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:11 AM

Linny-

Did you mention that you had used the Quilting Arts classes/videos? I was thinking about getting one, but there are so many I just don't have a clue which to start with. Do you have any recommendations? Are these only available online? Or can you watch them on TV as well?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:15 AM

Robin, you have a full week ahead of you, but for the most part it sounds like a lot of fun.  Good luck on the "me made" cookies.  Did you find the boy gingerbread cookies?  That's funny about the knuckle heads, lol.  The thought that you have a position to watch them grow in spirit and love is just the sweetest thing.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:18 AM

I did sleep very well last night Robin. Almost 10 hours! I just could not keep my eyes open and didn't feel like watching any TV. So I read for 5 mins and then feel asleep. Woke up once, then back to sleep.

You certainly are going to have a very busy week.. Keep up the good spirits and you will breeze right through it with joy and laughter.

Today will be the end of my shopping for stuff. Not getting any more gifts, just a few things for around the house. Only two of them are related to Christmas. I did put up the tree yesterday. I feel so much better to have a tree up. It's so beautiful to look at. Now I can start wrapping gifts for DH and put them under the tree. Not getting much this year as we are saving for Italy.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:37 AM

I never have downloaded videos.  They show the program in my area, so I don't really need to.  I record it.  I get the magazine, which I love.  I would suppose it's up to what you want to learn about.  They had quite a good series of painting on fabric.  Also dying and resist.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:09 AM

Wahoo!  It's not on the regular PBS station. I found QATV on one of my PBS sub-TV stations.  Thanks Linny

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:15 AM

I love watching Pokey and all her assorted guests.  I always learn something from her shows.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:33 AM

Linny t:
I love watching Pokey and all her assorted guests.  I always learn something from her shows.

I love that show.  I tape it too and it's so interesting to see what people do.  You can learn so much just by taking it in for projects down the line.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:36 AM

I also found Fons and Porter on PBS and am taping that.  It's Maryanne Fons and her daughter and it is more updated and clear to watch.  One year I made crazy quilt needle books and small purses depending on who I was giving it to and I learned it on the show.  People loved them!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:48 AM

It's good to be done with Christmas shopping, isn't it?  I personnaly haven't finished.  I am close, though.  I love sitting by my Christmas tree at night and watching TV.  Makes me feel so home.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:08 PM

This Christmas is going to be different for me because I will be with my friend Karen and her mom and their family.  I plan to make plenty of cookies still and I have so many jewelry gifts to give.  If I need a "guy" gift, I have 2 pairs of LLBean  mid weight hiking socks I ordered last month. So that could be 2 gifts.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:21 PM

Diane:

This Christmas is going to be different for me because I will be with my friend Karen and her mom and their family.  I plan to make plenty of cookies still and I have so many jewelry gifts to give.  If I need a "guy" gift, I have 2 pairs of LLBean  mid weight hiking socks I ordered last month. So that could be 2 gifts.

Great idea Diane. A few years ago my sista gave me 3 pair of heavy socks because they were too thick for her to wear with shoes. I wear them around the house as my winter slippers. They are perfect! I even brought 2 pair with me when I visited her last week. She looked at them and remarked that those were the ones she gave me.

Alas, she did not have the quilt I made for her on her bed. She had some weird explanation about why she wasn't using it. I just  walked away. No sense in being upset. She'll either use it or she won't.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:35 PM

Lillie:
She had some weird explanation about why she wasn't using it

Did you show us a picture of it?  Sometimes it takes time for people to get used to and appreciate it.  Still, it would have been nice to have it there for you to see that she is using it and likes it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:45 PM

Diane:
I also found Fons and Porter on PBS and am taping that.
 I do too.  I sort of miss Liz, though, but everything changes.  Might as well embrace it, right?

Linny T

Page 286 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev284285286287288Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use