rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:

So good to be back home in the midst of all "my stuff"  lol

Welcome  home Lillie. Glad you had a safe trip, and lots of fun with your visit.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:31 AM

My flight was 15 mins late and I missed my shuttle by 10 seconds. The shuttle was just pulling away as I was running and yelling for them to stop. So, I sat and waited at the airport for the next one, which was 45 mins later.

Then had to go into crawl space to turn the water back on.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:38 AM

Jo,

You need to tell the doctor about the your side affects from that pill. Don't take anymore of them until you have talked to your doctor. You might be having an allergic reaction to something in the pill.

The cat paw print fabric sounds cute. Can't wait to see pics of it when your finished.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:45 AM

Stephanie:

and have made up my mind not to take on any more ceilings either. My back and neck just can't take it anymore. At some point in our lives we have to accept that we're not 20 years old anymore and have earned the right to say no. LOL 

I completely agree with not doing any ceilings. When we finished our basement I painted all the ceilings and walls. OMGoodness. I'm sure that is why I am now having so many problems with my neck and back. Our heads were not designed to be tilted back at a weird angle for days and days.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:50 AM

Welcome home, Lillie.  Was it good to sleep in your own bed?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that the world looks brighter today wherever you are.   I can't say I've gotten as much done as I would have liked this weekend in but it has been a good weekend.  We spent yesterday doing odds and ends which never leaves me feeling like I accomplished much.   But that's just life, I guess. 

I am so glad to have all of you to share my life with.  You are all so supportive and kind.  I appreciate the wonderful comments on Keeley's birthday yesterday.  I think she had a wonderful day.  She slept in, went Christmas shopping with her sister, did a show with the local community theater, then we had cake at the cast party to celebrate her birthday. 

I have a ton of papers to tackle today.  And another trip to the grocery store for Christmas Cookie supplies that the kids are making this week.   I also need to see if I can find the Little Debbie Gingerbread boys for a treat for my ECE class.  They take their certification test tomorrow.

Diane---Congrats on your sells, I know you have been working hard.

Linny and Stephanie--- I hope you find a little me time today.

Jo---I am so glad to hear from you.  I am very sorry to hear about your reaction to your new medication.  I'm glad you have George to help.

Lillie---Glad you may it home safe and sound.  Sorry to hear that you missed your shuttle.   About your sister's shoulder, I would offer this advice to her.  Seek the advice of a orthopedic doctor who specializes in shoulders.   I had a long bout with my should some years ago.  I was dealing with my gp who was really into homeopathic approaches, he would not give me a referral to an orthopedic doctor, when I finally wise up and changed doctor's.  My new one gave me the referral the first orthopedist, who specialized in shoulders immediately recognized my problem as more on a muscle/skeletal problem and sent me down the hall to another ortho who diagnosis me with shoulder impingement syndrome.  After several months of prolotheraphy I was much better.  Today it still bothers me on occasion and every couple of years I go in for a tune up but over all it has been a lifesaver. 

I almost forgot.  I found this site through pintrest.  Thought they would make great silkies. 

http://bumblebutton.blogspot.com.es/2011/10/more-enchanting-christmas-postcards.html

Have a very merry............Sunday. 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:31 AM

Linny t:

Welcome home, Lillie.  Was it good to sleep in your own bed?

It was wonderful to be back in my own bed. Although the bed I sleep in at my sista's is very comfortable.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:35 AM

Great advice about the orthopedist for my sista's shoulder. Thanks

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:59 AM

I'm doing yard work today, but was taking a break and saw the link to the graphics.  What a wonderful link.  Thanks so much, Robin.  I hope you have a merry Sunday, too.  Good luck with all you've got to do today.  I hope you cut through your stack of papers like butter with a hot knife.  What a perfect day for your Keeley's 18th birthday.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:22 PM

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday!

Robin--thanks for the site.  Lots of nice silkies could be made.

Linny--don't work too hard.  I used to find gardening therapeutic when I had a house.

Lillie--I had bursitis for 30 years in my right shoulder.  I went to physical therapy so much.  Finally I found an orthopedic guy who gave me some cortisone injections which only helped a little.  He then offered me surgery and I jumped to it.  The thing about shoulders is that you have to keep them from getting stiff and "freezing".  I had the surgery and from the first day I started slowly regaining my movement through the pain.  The doctor was amazed at my movement and I didn't even need physical therapy!  There is hope if you find the right doctor and do what you need to do to get well.  My shoulder rarely bothers me any more.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:32 PM

Lillie--so glad the block got there safely and that you had a safe trip home.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:36 PM

Stephanie:
My back and neck just can't take it anymore. At some point in our lives we have to accept that we're not 20 years old anymore and have earned the right to say no. LOL 

We all have our limitations.  I didn't go to church today---just resting and watching movies and beginning your block.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:39 PM

Diane:
I used to find gardening therapeutic when I had a house.
 I find that, too, Diane.  I love gardening.  It's the lawn I don't like - mowing & trimming. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin,

Such a lovely post. I hope your day has gone well too and thank you for the link to Bumble button. Definitely some great silkie material there! Sounds like Keeley had a great birthday.

Lillie,

I don't envy you doing that basement ceiling. It's even worse when your not used to it. And I agree, we weren't made to work in all those weird angles. I have two fused vertebrae in my neck and always seem to manage a hairful of paint when I can't hold the position. LOL 

Diane,

I used to love gardening too. I'd plant flowers every year at around this time. Good for you taking a relaxing day today. Hope you have enjoyed your day. Can't wait to see the beauty you add to my block.

Linny,

You deserve to put your feet up after that one. Of all the nice days we've had I found today to be rather muggy. Hope it didn't take too much out of you.

I've worked on that ornate mirror frame all day, taking a little time out here and there. I didn't realize that I should have bought one more package of silver leaf until it's too late to do anything about it. That's ok, though. I was ready to walk away from it for today. We're getting ready to head out soon and make an appearance at the open house party that these friends have every year.  Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I'll be sure to have a homeade turtle candy for each of you. LOL 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:28 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie,

I don't envy you doing that basement ceiling. It's even worse when your not used to it. And I agree, we weren't made to work in all those weird angles. I have two fused vertebrae in my neck and always seem to manage a hairful of paint when I can't hold the position. LOL

lol Stephanie. I can just see you with paint all over your hair!  I started wearing an old pair of glasses because I got so much paint on my regular glasses.  Never NEVER will I do ceilings again!!!!

northern colorado

Page 285 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev283284285286287Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use