My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:43 PM

I saw those and thought they'd make a nice cover on a box or needle case.  Those little birds are so cute and fluffy looking.  Trish Burr is an amazing needle painter.  I love her book Color Confidence in Embroidery.

All this talk about books makes me want to go shopping on Amazon.   

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:09 PM

I'm still having issues with sciatica but it's not as bad as it was. The mobility in my back has improved substantially since I've begun treatments.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:59 PM

I'm glad the Chiropractor's treatments are helping you, Lillie.  It's made a big difference for you on your visit, hasn't it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:38 AM

Good Morning All,

It's Friday!!!!

I hope that everyone has a great day.

Stephanie, sorry to hear that you are still burning the candle at both end so to speak.   I know that it's keeping you from more creative activities.

Lillie,  I'm also glad to hear that the Chiropractor is doing you some good.   I hope we will be able to recommend one in your area back home.

I'm hoping all is well with Darlene and Jo since they haven't posted in a while.

Last night the oldest and I watch the movie "Christmas Shoes" .  It's one of my seasonal favorites even though it makes me cry my eyes out every time.  It was the first time for my daughter to watch it.  She was crying to saying "it so good, and Mom why would you make me watch a movie like this".   At one point we were laughing at ourselves and crying at the same time. 

She hasn't taken on a little project which will be interesting to see how it goes.  She has put herself in charge of her Daddy's weight lost.   Now grant you my hubby needs to lose some weight, but he is a man of his own mind set, so he usually doesn't like help.  But so far he has been a good little boy and drank his shake each time (all of 3).   She is getting up early to make it before he goes to work.  This should be interesting.

Take care everyone, and have a beautiful weekend.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
 I love her book Color Confidence in Embroidery.

Mee too. 

Linny t:
All this talk about books makes me want to go shopping on Amazon.

I just want to go shopping period. LOL. Any kind will do. LOL

Linny t:
I saw those and thought they'd make a nice cover on a box or needle case.

Now there's a great idea. She recommends, believe it or not 200 thread count cotton for doing these. If the floss is cotton too, and the sheets for needles could be cotton sandwiched in a thin batting. The whole thing would be washable, if you had the heart to use it after all the work. Hmmm... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:
The mobility in my back has improved substantially since I've begun treatments.

That's great news Lillie. The sciatica takes time. Sometimes shoes can make a big difference too. I pretty much have to wear running/ athletic shoes, or almost no heel. If I switch to something over a 1/2 inch I'm in trouble.

Best of luck with continued healing and pain free...  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:
Last night the oldest and I watch the movie "Christmas Shoes" .  It's one of my seasonal favorites even though it makes me cry my eyes out every time.  It was the first time for my daughter to watch it.  She was crying to saying "it so good, and Mom why would you make me watch a movie like this".   At one point we were laughing at ourselves and crying at the same time. 

So special to have those times. Paul would watch me during movies like that and laugh at me. Then for him, came the movie Ladder 24, and he knew just how I felt. Loved to see it.

I saw a cute one when I was up at 2:30 the other morning. It was called Blizzard, and a sort of Rudolph story, except the reindeer star was a female and it wasn't animated. I really enjoyed it.

Robin:
She has put herself in charge of her Daddy's weight lost.

I think this is absolutely precious! Good for Don making the effort for her. I know it must mean a lot for her to get up early and fix his shake before he goes to work. That is so neat. You two have raised such lovely girls.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:49 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is my youngest 18th birthday!  It's an amazing and sad moment when everyone in the household qualifies as an adult and I no longer have any babies living here.  

My plans for today is to run to the LQS and pick up my inlaws Christmas present.  She finished quilting it over a week ago so I know she would like for me to come pay her.   I also need to run around and gather up some items.  I would have already been gone but my spouse is sleeping in and I'm not sure if I can go without his list.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 11:12 AM

Robin:
Today is my youngest 18th birthday!  It's an amazing and sad moment when everyone in the household qualifies as an adult and I no longer have any babies living here. 

Aww, Robin. 18, the beginning of a new world. I would imagine it's kind of bittersweet for her too. No more High School fun. Happy Birthday to her though! Hope it's a fun day.

OOOH, I can't wait to see your quilt. You must be excited! Have a fun day!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 11:26 AM

I woke up at my usual 4:30 with the time cahnge and all.

Today is fix and refinish the antique mirror frame. I'm about as into that as I am getting the flu right now. Then it's supposed to be party time at 7. Same feeling. LOL

What I'd really like to do is lock myself in my sewing room and hang there all day. Can't. Mike is in the cleaning the garage and  I figure some part of the day will involve him handing the Christmas decorations down to me.

The smile for the day for me was:

My customer yesterday gave me two Christmas wreaths. She had bought them for her front doors and hated them. After I brought them home and looked at them against my front doors, I realized that the big limey green balls on them reminded me of The Grinch. LOL. Now, I want to find some mini Grinches to add to it. Maybe the season has begun!   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:49 PM

Stephanie,

I think the Grinch theme might work as long as you remember your little Cindy Lou Who, because you are far to sweet to be the Grinch.   Good luck with the mirror, hope you get feeling better soon.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,685
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:38 PM

Robin---it's wonderful that your youngest is 18.  It's a milestone.

Stephanie--try to slow down and get rest.  You are working too hard!  Get rest.  People and projects  can wait.   Are you taking echanaesia?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 4:54 PM

Stephanie:
The whole thing would be washable, if you had the heart to use it after all the work. Hmmm... 
 I agree.

I've had the most challenging 2 days.  Yesterday I couldn't get on this site at work and then last night my internet was down.  I had to take one of the boxes in and exchange it today and it still didn't work.  I finally got in touch with a rep. who knew her stuff after the call being dropped on my cell phone once.  I just now got it back working.  On top of all that, when I came down my road yesterday my daughter & her son were walking on the road.  Nate had let my Lucky out accidentally.  This meant a dog chase all over the neighborhood before I even got in the door.  Today Audra had another garage sale, so there was that disruption.  On top of it all my phone went caput.

This morning I went out with my sister and SIL to breakfast and then we went to a couple of resale/antique shops in the next town.  We had a lot of fun.  I got a set of rubber stamps that are for the months of a year with little floral motifs on them.  They'd be cute on an applique quilt.  I also got some silver beads cheap.  I also got some gold bell shaped ornaments.  They are older and small - about 1.5" tall.  They'll be cute on my little 4' tree.  So, no big spending, but I got out and feel good now that I'm online again.  Tomorrow it's Wal Mart for a new cordless phone.  I don't have it in me to get one tonight.  When the internet went out my daughter tried to fix things by plugging and unplugging things.  To get to the wires she had to move a desk.  The wire got caught and tore apart.  I got my old one out of the garage and it worked last night, but now for some reason it's not charging.  It's been a bad time for electronics for me.  Mercy.  

Robin, happy birthday to your baby.  It was sweet reading about the movie and the tears  and about her caring about her father's weight/diet enough to get involved.  You did a good job raising your girls.  They sound like excellent people.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:08 PM

Stephanie:

My customer yesterday gave me two Christmas wreaths. She had bought them for her front doors and hated them. After I brought them home and looked at them against my front doors, I realized that the big limey green balls on them reminded me of The Grinch. LOL. Now, I want to find some mini Grinches to add to it. Maybe the season has begun!   

That's a hoot!  Still, you don't strike me as the Grinch type.  Remember when McDonadls was giving them away with the kids meals a few years back?  I have a couple of those key rings around here somewhere.  If I find them, I'll send them to you, lol.

I got a wreath from my boss' sister, who is also one of the owners.  Every year she buys live wreaths and decorates one for each of the office people.  She used to make them Christmas-y for me, but when Ricky passed she made one with blue and silver with an angel on it- like for a blue Christmas.  Now every year she has been doing the same.  It made me sad to see it because he died in November just before Thanksgiving, so when I got the first one I was still mourning big time and it made me cry big time.  It's like an anniversary of my grief to keep getting them.  I know it sounds like I'm ungrateful.  I'm not really.  It's a nice wreath.  Still I think I'm going to take the blue off and put some red poinsettias on it or something more like Nate - you know - jolly.  I just don't want to have another blue Christmas.  It's 4 years now and it's time to associate the holidays with the living.  Every time I look at it that song by Elvis starts in my head and before I know it I'm misty.  Does this sound horrible?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:09 PM

Diane, how did the sale go?  It was today, right?

Linny T

Page 283 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev281282283284285Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use