My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:43 PM

I have my won fuzzy animals.  Some are years old.  I have downsized but still have quite a few.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:59 PM

I got mine at Big Lots back in 2005.  I think it was $20.  Ricky found it so I think he was tired of lugging trees, lol.

I still have a couple of stuffed animals, too, Diane.  They are very comforting to hold. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:06 PM

Yes, I had a good time at the party on saturday night.  Lately though, my fibro is kicking in and I've been feeling bed for several days.  I don't know why.  I feel better when I take motrin and rest so I'm going to take it easy until it passes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:26 AM

When we moved to CO 5 years ago, I purchased a very inexpensive 7-ft tall artificial tree. I figured we'd use it the first year as our main tree and then put it down in the basement, as we had originally planned to spend more time in the basement than in the main part of the house.  We're still using that same tree in the main part of the house!  lol  We don't spend as much time in the finished basement as we thought we would.  Ahhh...the best laid plans.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:18 AM

Diane, sorry to hear you are hurting.  How did you do in the sale? Did you sell any of the jewelry?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:05 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

I had a late start to my morning today so I didn't get to post before I left for school.   It's been just a little crazy trying to get all of the bits and piece tied up before the holidays.  I'm not sure who thought we should do exams before the holidays but whoever it was I'm sure had a very good reason.  

Diane--- Sorry to hear your fibro is acting up I hope that it will calm down soon.

Lillie----- I'm glad your home safe and sound.

Linny and Stephanie---- I hope your work week has been going a little slower pace.  

Have a great evening everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:08 PM

Robin, sounds like you had a wearing day.  I didn't like exams as a student, but from a teacher's prospective it must be worse, what with everything you have to do in a day around the holidays.  I'm sure all the kids are in such a good mood getting ready to take them.

Diane did such a lovely job on your block.  Looks like she put her new ribbon to use beautifully.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:

I have my won fuzzy animals.  Some are years old.  I have downsized but still have quite a few.

Somehow, I knew this. LOL. I have some too, mostly gits. I bring them out at Christmas and put them on my plant shelf. Except for three. LOL I have a smurf that was Paul's when he was little, and I have a small Boyd's  bear that's dressed up as a bumble bee. Makes me smile everytime I see it. And a teeny bear dressed up for halloween in costume that I keep in a curio cabinet.

I'm sorry to hear you  have been in such pain with your fibro. Motrin is a pretty good asid. I had endometriosis when I was younger and if I started it a few days ahead of that cycle, it helped alleviate a lot of that horrible cramping pain. I got a prescription of 800 mg. for charley horses when I waitressed as a youngster too. I can't take it any more. It makes my skin weep and exczema flare, but I sure appreciated it when I could. take it.

I hope you are feeling better today!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie:
We're still using that same tree in the main part of the house!  lol  We don't spend as much time in the finished basement as we thought we would.  Ahhh...the best laid plans.  lol

It wouldn't have anything to do with stairs, would it?  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:
It's been just a little crazy trying to get all of the bits and piece tied up before the holidays.  I'm not sure who thought we should do exams before the holidays but whoever it was I'm sure had a very good reason.  

God love you Robin! To come off the busy traveling weekend you had and be so gracious about it all has given me a whole new respect for you.

Hope you make it through and soon enough hope you can make the  holiday your own and can enjoy your break, if it is one for you. Keep us posted on how the girls did on their finals. We're all pulling for them, and you! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:44 AM

Thanks Everyone for the positive thoughts and comments.

I'm going to make it.  It's just in my room we get a little to wrap up in holiday fun and really don't have time for exams.  To give you a run down on what's going on:

Early Childhood 1 is making teaching activities that relate to Gingerbread men. 

Culinary is making Christmas cookie for the entire Faculty and Staff

FCCLA is going to the nursing home, doing a Christmas Party for Special Needs Kids and Reading the Night Before Christmas to a Pre-K Class.

So we really aren't in exam mode.   It's really all a ton of fun!

Anyway let the elf go get dress and back to the workshop! 

Have a very happy Thursday!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:00 AM

Stephanie:

It wouldn't have anything to do with stairs, would it?  

It would be easier if we used that tree in the basement. Then we wouldn't have to drag it upstairs. We keep all that stuff in the basement crawlspace. I'm still debating whether I'm going to put up decorations when I get home. I really having the tree up. Maybe I'll just do the tree and around the front door.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie,

Considering all the traveling you and your hubby have done, I don't blame you for not going on an all out decorating spree. I would imagine it would be a nice surprise for hubby to come home and see the tree and front door decorated. How's everything going with your back?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin,

LOL, yes I'd say that exams are the last thing anyone would want to do with all of the festivities going on.

Hope you had a Happy Thursday and the same for the rest of the week.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

It's been a very busy week for me and into the weekend it goes. Have enjoyed reading all of your posts.

Hope you all have enjoyed your week,weekend, traveling and new books you have coming. I love books like this.They're full of inspiration, lessons and great pic's.

I don't think I told you that Trish Burr was offering one of her miniature embroidery pattern booklets of the cutest little birds that I couldn't resist. It was available as a download, and I thought this was the perfect way to learn her techniques. I have two of her books.

Of course, I need to collect the flosses for it and have time to do it, but I definitely want to and think it will be a great tiny project that would make a darling project for a small pillow, maybe CQ, framed.  

Page 282 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev280281282283284Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use