My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin,

Yes, it does sound like a lot of rocking and rolling going on at your house. LOL

Best of luck to the girls on their finals, and to you too with the breakfast.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

We too are busy as bugs on a lightbulb. Constant here and there and everywhere. My head is spinning and my tails not far behind it. LOL

I think I forgot to tell you about the neatest part of the  hockey game. We all took Teddy Bears and right before the game, everyone tossed them onto the ice and they were collected and put into bins for Toys for Tot's. There were so many that the bins overflowed and they had to drive a couple pick up trucks onto the ice. It was really cool. 

Hope everyone has a great day today!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:11 AM

Stephanie:

Will your hubby be back from Antartica (?) when you get back? 

DH doesn't return until Dec 22-ish. He is having a wonderful time. Doing and seeing new things this year. I think he's off to a penguin colony today or tomorrow. If he sends pics, I'll post them.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie:
I think he's off to a penguin colony today or tomorrow. If he sends pics, I'll post them.

That would be so cool! Nice that he'll be home in time for Christmas.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:21 AM

The Christmas store was totally overwhelming. You're right Linny, it was just like a Disneyland experience. All the lights and decorations from floor to ceiling.

I was listening to one of Santa's Helpers, and she said that the Sat after Thanksgiving there were 22,000 people come through the store that day. And this past Sunday, they had 16,000 people come through. She said it get's crazy for 1-1/2 months and then they do inventory in Jan. Then everything slows down to a snails pace and they do lots of online orders and restocking of inventory.

I think they must have a big sale in the summer.  Another helper told my sista and BIL to come back then and they would get a good deal on a new artificial tree. They are looking to replace the one they have which is fiber-optic and incandescent lights. Nowadays, it's had to find the incandescent lights with everything being LED. I'm not crazy about LED lights, unless they are the warm white lights.But still, I'd rather have incandescent mini lights.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:19 AM

Stephanie---what a great experience!  We had a party here Sat night and we had to bring a toy or a donation for Children's hospital.  It was quite a haul.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:22 AM

Stephanie:

We too are busy as bugs on a lightbulb. Constant here and there and everywhere. My head is spinning and my tails not far behind it. LOL

I think I forgot to tell you about the neatest part of the  hockey game. We all took Teddy Bears and right before the game, everyone tossed them onto the ice and they were collected and put into bins for Toys for Tot's. There were so many that the bins overflowed and they had to drive a couple pick up trucks onto the ice. It was really cool. 

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Me, too.  My life has been Mission Impossible for about a month now.

I bet that was quite a sight to see all those teddy bears on the ice. 

Hope you have a great day today, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:23 AM

Lillie:
I think they must have a big sale in the summer.  Another helper told my sista and BIL to come back then and they would get a good deal on a new artificial tree.
  I'll have to remember this place when I think of Christmas in July.  My tree is getting old.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Lillie:
They are looking to replace the one they have which is fiber-optic and incandescent lights.

Fiber optic stuff is so pretty. A few years ago I bought a theatre for my mini house collection that has fiber optic lights. It's so pretty with the colors changing. The tree sounds really pretty with the combination of fiver optic and incandescent lights. Mike insists on a real tree every year still. They're kind of messy, but I do love the freshness and smell of one.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
We had a party here Sat night and we had to bring a toy or a donation for Children's hospital.

Did you have a good time? We have another one coming up this weekend. It's on our anniversary and I'm not sure if I'd rather go or do something else. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:

Me, too.  My life has been Mission Impossible for about a month now.

I keep wondering if the rest of the world is crazy, or is it just me. LOL.

Linny t:
I bet that was quite a sight to see all those teddy bears on the ice. 

There was one little hockey player helping to collect the bears that was a such a character. He found the biggest one and hoisted it on his shoulders. The weight of it almost knocked him off balance, but he caught himself and grabbed the arms of the bear and went around making it look like the teddy bear was waving at the crowd.  I love little characters like that. The one I bought was so soft and fuzzy, I wanted to keep him. LOL Do we ever get too old for soft fuzzy animals?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:57 PM

Stephanie:
The one I bought was so soft and fuzzy, I wanted to keep him. LOL Do we ever get too old for soft fuzzy animals?

I sincerely hope not, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:00 PM

I have a fiber optic tree and I love it.  I just pull it out of the box, fluff it up and turn it on.  I love the way the color washes around the thing.  It's pre decorated to an extent.  It's only 4' tall.  It's perfect for me.  I used to get real ones, but that was when Ricky was around to help get them and get rid of them.  Mine's just right for my little house.  It is getting old, thought.  I may look at this site when replacing it.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:
I love the way the color washes around the thing.  It's pre decorated to an extent.  It's only 4' tall.  It's perfect for me. 

Sounds really pretty. I don't think I have ever seen one of those.

Linny t:
I used to get real ones, but that was when Ricky was around to help get them and get rid of them. 

I can't tell you the years I loaded and unloaded, trimmed the trunk, and set up trees. The most fun was when I had this little buick regal. No one would ever believe I could fit a full size tree in there. LOL. I'm over those days, I hope. LOL   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:41 PM

I have a fiber optic tree also Linny.  It's just beautiful!  I got it on sale for $15 several years ago.

Page 281 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev279280281282283Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use