rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,261
Points 134,853

Thanks for the feedback girls.

Lillie,

I'm not sure this was PFD ribbon. I got it from Hand Dyed Fibers and it's marked white. Here's a link to the set I bought. Amazon offers quite a few, so you may want to shop around and find one that suits your needs.  http://www.amazon.com/Dual-action-Airbrush-Professional-Compressor-Airbrushes/dp/B004PJU8A4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1354460019&sr=8-7&keywords=airbrush+kit

Linny,

Thanks for the link to reasonable ribbon. I'm sure I paid more at HDF for it.

Linny t:

I just had to post again about what I like about your technique.  I like the idea of putting it on the frame.  It keeps it elevated so the dye doesn't puddle.  I didn't see much over spray.  That's great control.  I have one of those 36" hoops.  Right now it's got muslin in it and I use it for a tiny design wall.  It may get a vacation next time I dye ribbon, lol.  

It really did work out well. You could use any kind of frame really. There was so little overspray. Made me feel good not to waste the product. After I sprayed it, I hung it on a hanging plant hook outside and it was dry in about ten minutes. I want to do more. LOL.

I like the thought of using that large hoop as a design wall too. Very creative of you. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:45 AM

Stephanie:
I like the thought of using that large hoop as a design wall too. Very creative of you.

Necessity is the mother of invention, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,848
Points 60,970
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:51 AM

Tired but happy to be home.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:02 PM

Glad you made it safely.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,911
Points 38,485
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:49 PM

Stephanie---thank you for showing me how you dyed and dried your silk ribbon.  That air brush tool looks pretty interesting!  I would love to try it.  The color ret that you got is very pretty.  I have to think about what I want to do with the ribbons.

Lillie--glad you made it home---I'll let you know when I mail Robin's block.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,261
Points 134,853

Diane,

I should be thanking you. I've been lolly gagging around here lately and it was nice to want to focus on something and get it done. You have lots of beautiful ribbons to work with, I can't wait to see you make them into beautiful bouquets and embellishment. That red is #806 Brilliant red if you need it.

Robin,

Welcome back. Glad you made it home safely, and found your fabric while you were away.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,261
Points 134,853

Linny t:

Necessity is the mother of invention, lol.

And so it is. LOL. Sometimes part of the fun of being creative is finding something and making it work. I never have put up a design wall. I'd like to and even a smaller one of this nature would be perfect for our blocks. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,848
Points 60,970
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Running late this morning,so I only have a minute, but wanted to say Hi.

I hope you all have a terrific day. 

Linny I mailed Lillie's Block before I left.  It was Thursday.  I have a tracking number on it.   I'll check when I get home to see where it's at.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:19 AM

Today we are going to Frankenmuth Bonner's Christmas Store. It's about an hour northwest of my sista's house. They also have outlet stores up there. We always find something to buy.  And then I have to ship a box home!  lol  I leave here this coming Sat, Dec 8. I'm having a wonderful time with my sista. But, I am starting to miss "my stuff." Three weeks is a long time to be gone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,911
Points 38,485
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:07 AM

OK Lillie.  I'll mail Robin's block at the end of the week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:19 AM

Robin:

Linny I mailed Lillie's Block before I left.  It was Thursday.  I have a tracking number on it.   I'll check when I get home to see where it's at.

Cool.  I'll be watching for it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:30 PM

Robin, Lillie's block came today.  Your pictures did not do your work justice at all.  It's beautiful!  Stephanie's work, too.  Unbelievably beautiful!  It's so nice I'm almost intimidated to add anything to it.  

Diane, the website said Stephanie's block should get to you tomorrow.  That faster than I thought it would be.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,261
Points 134,853

Lillie:

Today we are going to Frankenmuth Bonner's Christmas Store. It's about an hour northwest of my sista's house. They also have outlet stores up there. We always find something to buy.  And then I have to ship a box home!  lol  I leave here this coming Sat, Dec 8. I'm having a wonderful time with my sista. But, I am starting to miss "my stuff." Three weeks is a long time to be gone.

Frankenmuth is such a cool place. It's been years since I've been there, but I still remember it. There was a candle store that I loved and a candy shop that my DH made a haul with. You still have the rest of the week, and it sounds like you have had lots of fun. Will your hubby be back from Antartica (?) when you get back? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:03 PM

I just now had a chance to look at the link, Lillie.  Wow, you must have had the absolute best time there.  I've never been, but it looks like the Disney of CHRISTmas.  The online store is amazing.  I can't imagine what it's like in the real store.  I hope you share what all you got there.  Is it still just ONE box you have to ship home, lol?

I get what you are saying about missing your stuff, but still you'll be taking back new stuff and more importantly memories of the time you spent with your dear Sista and family.  What a great time you've had and I'm sure you will have even more this week.    

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,848
Points 60,970
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:28 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

Today was a good day.  School went well and I didn't have to say after as long as I thought.  On top of all that they car repair was still under warranty. 

The household is as busy as always.  DH and Keeley are working on a play that is due to open this weekend.  The play is a radio version of "It's A Wonderful Life".  The performances are Friday and Saturday.   It's final weeks for both girls at college and at the high school next week. 

I have a breakfast for the class that won the can food competition this week and we have the party for the disable students next week.  So as you can see we are rocking and rolling in the Smith house.

Robin

Page 280 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev278279280281282Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use